Windows 10: Is it possible to use Windows 10 Backup Tools to use on 2 ext. HDD?

Discus and support Is it possible to use Windows 10 Backup Tools to use on 2 ext. HDD? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; November 5, 2016 Hello, Is it possible to use Windows 10 Backup tools to use on two external drives? Windows 10 was "good" backup tools but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TenOclock, Nov 4, 2016.

1. TenOclock Win User

Is it possible to use Windows 10 Backup Tools to use on 2 ext. HDD?

November 5, 2016

Hello,
    Is it possible to use Windows 10 Backup tools to use on two external drives?

Windows 10 was "good" backup tools but it seems that it is not possible to use two or more hard drives (multiple backups - if one backup disk fail there is always another that works).

Maybe there are command line?

We do not want to use "Storage Spaces" because we want to do backups on different days.
    If possible we should use an incremental backup (except for the first backup (# 1) and for the image backup of course).
    We only retain the three most recent backups (all types).

If this is not possible with Windows 10 Backup Tools, then are they REALLY free software [not those who call themselves free and who do nothing and selling pro version, premium, ultimate, etc. - the beautiful marketing (lies)] that can do this?

Details backups:
    HDD # 1 - USB 3.0 External Hard Drive 4 TO
    HDD # 2 - USB 3.0 External Hard Drive 4 TO

1-“Backup Image” once per 6 months.
    January 1st we Backup Image of Windows 10 on HDD # 1
    January 5th we Backup Image of Windows 10 on HDD # 2

June 1st we Backup Image of Windows 10 on HDD # 1
    June 5th we Backup Image of Windows 10 on HDD # 2

2-"Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" once a week.
    Monday using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" on HDD # 1
    Thursday using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" on HDD # 2

3-"File History" once a day.
    At 1:00 p.m. using "File History" on HDD # 1
    At 10:00 p.m. using "File History" on HDD # 2

Thank you

:)

TenOclock, Nov 4, 2016

2. Is it possible to re-use Windows 10 USB on different computer if original compter motherboard unusable?

If you linked your Microsoft account to your Windows 10 digital license on the device before you make the hardware change, it's possible to use the same license.

Check ->
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

Yasshiel Zhang, Nov 4, 2016
  3. Is it possible to re-use Windows 10 USB on different computer if original compter motherboard unusable?

My old desktop had a windows 10 USB installation. Unfortunately my motherboard passed away so after my grieving had subsided, I decided to not replace the board and only use a spare laptop. My question is can I contact Microsoft to use the same Windows
    10 USB installation since my Desktop has been thrown out? If so, does anyone know the number to call in New Zealand? Cheers Is it possible to use Windows 10 Backup Tools to use on 2 ext. HDD? :)

lowchi1969, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

It's possible, but it would be a manual process since non-server versions of Windows only support 1 disk at a time. Server 2008 R2 and 12 can do multiple disks

Neemobeer, Nov 4, 2016
  5. TenOclock Win User
    Hi,

"manual process"
    How do that on Windows 10 ?

Can we create batch file for one HDD#1 and one other for the other HDD#2 and use Task Scheduler?

TenOclock, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it possible to use Windows 10 Backup Tools to use on 2 ext. HDD? - Similar Threads - possible Backup Tools

2. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  3. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  4. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd: Hello I need help from restoring a backup windows server 2016 I have checked that it is successfully backed up on my external hard drive and this window appeared when recovering, I searched online and came up empty on what the solution any help reply would be appreciated....
  6. Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd: Hello I need help from restoring a backup windows server 2016 I have checked that it is successfully backed up on my external hard drive and this window appeared when recovering, I searched online and came up empty on what the solution any help reply would be appreciated....
  7. Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc: Hi,can anyone tell me the quickest/best way to backup my files from my desktop Win10 computer to my ext hdd?.... :) Approx 360gb's worth. And h-o-w to find out the size of the RAM on my computer as well? Plus h-o-w to find out wether I've got Win10 'home' Or...
  8. Windows Backup error 0x80070013 on Ext HDD USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup error 0x80070013 on Ext HDD USB: Hi I'm having an issue backing up Windows to an external drive. I'm getting an 0x80070013 error on external USB drive! It hangs at 97% and then gives the above error respons. Does this have something to do with One Drive that is connected and that the Backup can't...
  9. computer stops recognizing 2 ext HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer stops recognizing 2 ext HDD: I use a 7 year old HP Pavillion desk top and so far it has worked well. I have USB connected 2 ext HDD. One is basic storage and the other is my ext backup HDD. If I try to open a file in either of them, my computer stops recognizing both the ext HDDs causing a major problem...
  10. Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Copy/Clone of HDD used for Windows Backups: I use a 500 gb external HDD to store Windows backup files and System Images. I do a backup each morning. The 500gb external HDD stays connected to the computer and holds approximately 10 System Images in addition to the file backups A few days ago, I used Macrium Reflect...