Windows 10: is it possible upgrade windows from boot?

Discus and support is it possible upgrade windows from boot? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I click upgrade and receive this message: [img] Apparently it is not possible upgrade when system boot from DVD or USB but I am not sure.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rasool, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Rasool Win User

is it possible upgrade windows from boot?

I click upgrade and receive this message:

is it possible upgrade windows from boot? [​IMG]

Apparently it is not possible upgrade when system boot from DVD or USB but I am not sure. please tell me that is possible or certainly should run setup.exe in other to upgrade. because current windows don't run and I want Much as possible keep my program.
    if a way to do this please guide me. thanks.

:)

Rasool, Mar 30, 2016

2. Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

I am running a licensed copy of Windows 7 Enterprise with SP1 installed. I read horror stories about people upgrading to Windows 10 Pro losing files, apps, etc. I know this upgrade would not be free. I just want to know if upgrading from Win7 Enterprise
    to Win10 Pro is even a good idea. Should I even try?

TIA

Ken

兆康 KenChu, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Is it possible to upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 10?

Hi,

It is not an upgrade path from Vista > 10

It is done with a clean install.

You have to buy Windows 10, as there is no free upgrade to 10 from Vista.

As to whether you can actually install 10 on your machine you will have to check System requirements and availability of Windows 10 Drivers for your machine.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/micros...ows-10-pricing-everything-know-114542550.html

Microsoft on Monday
    told CNET
    that Windows 10 will cost just as much as its predecessor. That means prices for Windows 10 will run anywhere from $110 for the Windows 10 Home package to $199 for the Windows 10 Pro edition. Additionally
    a Windows 10 Pro Pack will let users upgrade from Home to Pro for $99.

Microsoft prices Windows 10 licenses at $119 for Home, $199 for Pro

How to buy Windows 10:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Windows/categoryID.70036700

But first make sure that you have the correct system requirements and that your Computer Manufacturer supplies the correct Drivers for 10.

Windows 10 System Requirements & Specifications | Microsoft

"Windows 10 System Requirements"

Windows 10 System Requirements - Thurrott.com

Microsoft is making Windows 10 available as free upgrade for qualified Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Phone 8.1 devices. It will be available starting July 29, 2015

"Windows 10 FAQs"

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-10-faq

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Mar 30, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

If your current Windows is not running, you cannot perform an upgrade and keep your files.

Let us know your system make and model and other system specs, the version of your current windows, and we shall see if we can get that going enough to upgrade, or at least how you can try and progress to save your files.

I note that you made inquiries regarding dual booting 64-bit Windows 10 here last September, and I am assuming you ran Windows 8.1. 32-bit?

Did you make any progress with that installation?

If your non-working system is Windows 8.1, can you perform a refresh of that system from the boot advanced options, or does it fail?

Fafhrd, Mar 30, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    In addition to what Fafhrd said, there may be various reasons behind a non-running (I am assuming that your computer is not booting up) computer. Some are hardware related, and some are software related. As you already see that you cannot run an upgrade from a non-bootable computer as Farhrd suggested, better you try to make the present installation running back.
    Let us know the results.

Thema:

1. is it possible upgrade windows from boot? - Similar Threads - possible upgrade boot

2. I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is this possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is this possible?: I need to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-upgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-10-is/e5a84042-6ba8-4709-a684-b63b1e61a4ca
  3. Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free in 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free in 2022?: I have had a laptop Lenovo Z40 with native Windows 8.1 since 2015. For years, Lenovo didn't recommend upgrading to Windows 10. But, now OneDrive for Windows 8.1 will not work anymore from March 1st. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 for free?...
  4. Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home?: As the title states: If I purchase a copy of Windows 10 will I be able to upgrade a home computer from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home? Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/JustinSaneV2 [link] [comments]...
  5. Is it possible to boot Windows from an external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to boot Windows from an external hard disk?: My buddy recently bought a new PC and needs help installing Windows. Since my 8gb USB stick is broken, I can't use it anymore. Is it also possible with an external hard drive? And is it enough to use the free tool from Microsoft? Kann man die Windows von externer Festplatte...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade from 7 not possible

Windows 10 upgrade from 7 not possible: **I may need more disc space. I will finagle that and return to report** Original post: Recently I upgraded a machine from 7 to 10. No real issues. Use the same stick on this machine* and No Worky. Clicking on the Setup starts and crashes. In Task Manager the process...
  7. Is it possible to boot Windows 10 from Caddy SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it possible to boot Windows 10 from Caddy SSD?: I am purchasing new laptop which comes with DOS and I dont want to open screws etc of laptop to change Harddrive into SSD. I have Samsung 840 PRO SSD. So, is it possible if I install Windows 10 on SSD and boot it from Caddy instead of Harddrive? Regards. 119343
  8. Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.: Hi I have a windows 7 OEM on my machine. I am looking to maybe install to windows 10 before the 29th. Firstly I will be making a full backup of windows 7. I understand, if I install, upgrade to windows 10, I can revert back to windows 7 within 30 days. After that there...
  9. Upgrade install from the same build is that possible?

Upgrade install from the same build is that possible?: Upgrade install from the same build is that possible? I want to try an experiment. 7842
  10. Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?

Will it be possible to upgrade from Windows 10 beta to RTM?: When I say beta I'm generically referring to alpha, beta, CP, etc. But I'm wondering if an in-place upgrade from beta to RTM will be possible? Or will a clean install be required? I ask this because I'm currently running 7 Enterprise x64, but am considering installing 10...