Windows 10: Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows

Discus and support Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really have this issue with crypto mining rig as they' try to update themselves although I have tried most of the methods to "DISABLE" it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MisterBeingBetter101, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows

I really have this issue with crypto mining rig as they' try to update themselves although I have tried most of the methods to "DISABLE" it. Considering fulling my ssd space right now but I wouldn't like that very much if there's a more practical way to do this

:)

MisterBeingBetter101, Aug 17, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 20, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 20, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows

1. Is it really possible to prevent automatic updates from Windows - Similar Threads - really possible prevent

2. How to prevent updates from downloading automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent updates from downloading automatically: Once again, MS takes choices away from its customers. How can I set Updates to notify me, but NOT download automatically? I use the Standalone Installer. We don't all want to hand total control to the programmers at MS, nor to allow whatever vendor files the vendor feels like...
  3. How to prevent updates from downloading automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent updates from downloading automatically: Once again, MS takes choices away from its customers. How can I set Updates to notify me, but NOT download automatically? I use the Standalone Installer. We don't all want to hand total control to the programmers at MS, nor to allow whatever vendor files the vendor feels like...
  4. How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to really prevent Windows 10 from restarting for updates?: Hi, I am really sick and tired of Windows 10 automatic reboots for updating. I have been 40 years working with computers, coding, designing apps, maintaining enterprises, engineering solutions based on computers and I think I am old enough to take care of security myself....
  5. How to prevent update previews from installing automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent update previews from installing automatically: I am starting a new thread for this question since no one helped me on my prior thread. Each time there is a optional update preview for .NET framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 20H2 it automatically installs without even notifying me that it is pending. There must...
  6. How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I prevent Windows from automatically updating?: Yesterday a window popped up giving me only two choices, now or in one hour. There was no option to stop it altogether. First of all, I had no proof that it wasn't malware. And while I'd stepped away from my desk, it automatically started the upgrade which forced me to sit...
  7. This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates

This will prevent windows 10 automatic updates: Hi guys, i've coded small program that you can compile your self using autoit. Autoit is free, no accounts required etc Just install autoit right click in the source file and click compile to either X86 or X64 executable, which ever you want. Or just run it as is, it will...
  8. Prevent automatically adding device to my account - is it possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prevent automatically adding device to my account - is it possible?: Hello. To give some context first, I currently have one device which is activated with a retail Windows 10 Key. I will buy a device with Windows 10 preinstalled on it, so most likely it will have an OEM license. I can see that devices get automatically linked to my...
  9. how to prevent automatic windows update

how to prevent automatic windows update: I wish to check what the windows update does and only install ones I want. There are too many that I do not need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-automatic-windows-update/55cf74a6-0ead-460c-8dc7-71a6e3ac95cb
  10. Prevent Automatic Windows Updates

Prevent Automatic Windows Updates: Hi there, I am the (un)lucky owner of several Windows computers and I suffer from the ongoing Windows plague of inconvenient updates. Today, my Windows 8 **** up. It was in the middle of updating - still indicating 0 % updated - while I was about to leave and hadn't time...