Windows 10: Is it safe to assume that a usb 3.0 flash drive is Ready Boost ready?

Discus and support Is it safe to assume that a usb 3.0 flash drive is Ready Boost ready? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; As in title, is it safe to assume that a usb 3.0 flash drive is Ready Boost ready? I'm not finding any that actually say they are. This question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by idigweeds, Mar 27, 2017.

1. idigweeds Win User

Is it safe to assume that a usb 3.0 flash drive is Ready Boost ready?

As in title, is it safe to assume that a usb 3.0 flash drive is Ready Boost ready? I'm not finding any that actually say they are. This question assumes that the device will be plugged into a 3.0 port.

:)

idigweeds, Mar 27, 2017

2. Readyboost better on USB 3.0 or 2.0 in Windows 10 64 bit?

Hello I have 2 USB ports on my notebook, 1 3.0 and 1 2.0, and I am using a USB 3.0 stick for ready-boost. The question is I would like to use the 3.0 port for other sticks to transfer files to my desktop, etc. Does the ready-boost utilize the speed potential
    of USB 3.0, or is USB 2.0 good enough?

My priority is system speed so if ready boost benefits from the USB 3.0 port I will certainly use it.

Thanx in advance.

Steven Zore, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Will readyboost work with windows 10

Hi Jebrighton,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Ready Boost is a Windows feature to increase random read access speed to the hard drive that can speed up your computer. It has been introduced in Windows Vista and was significantly improved in Windows 10. For instance, in
    Windows 10 it is possible to use all the flash drives that are connected to your computer for Ready Boost at once.

Ready Boost in Windows 10 allows you to use your flash memory devices to speed up your computer. You can adjust how much space on your flash memory device may be dedicated to Ready Boost and store your data in unused space.
    The data that is contained on a flash drive should not be deleted or corrupted when you start using the device for Ready Boost.

Software requirements:
    To use Ready Boost in Windows 10 make sure that SuperFetch is enabled. Ready Boost won't work if the SuperFetch service is stopped or disabled.

Hardware requirements:
    To use Ready Boost you need a USB flash drive or flash memory card with the following capabilities:

• 1-32 GB of free space.
    • Data transfer rate of at least 3.5 Mbit/s.
    • USB 2.0 support (or higher).

To enable Ready Boost:

1. Connect a flash memory device to your computer.

2. Open the This PC folder, right-click on the flash drive and in the appeared context menu select
    Properties.

3. In the drive properties window switch to the
    Ready Boost
    tab.

4. Click Use this device and move the slider to adjust how much space on the device you are ready to give Ready Boost.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 27, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I plugged my SanDisk 32GB USB 3.0 Thumb drive [noted by the blue insert] into my front USB 3.0 port, right-clicked the icon in File Explorer, click Properties then clicked the ReadyBoost tab, see that I can use it for ReadyBoost up to 4094MB or about 4GB. I could make the size less but not more. Where I'd see more use would be on Notebooks with the SDHC card port and 4GB or less physical RAM, mainly because the SDHC card doesn't protrude very far and less damage if bumped. Same for card readers on Desktops.

Berton, Mar 27, 2017
  5. idigweeds Win User
    Coincidentally, that is the model I was looking at. Looks like I have my answer. Thanks.

idigweeds, Mar 27, 2017
  6. Helmut Win User
    It's not a safe assumption, none of my USB key drives Kingston 4 GB, 32 GB(USB 3) ones can be used with ReadyBoost.

Helmut, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it safe to assume that a usb 3.0 flash drive is Ready Boost ready? - Similar Threads - safe assume usb

2. run ready boost with flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    run ready boost with flash drives: how to run ready boost in windows 11 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-ready-boost-with-flash-drives/e5928730-b103-460e-ac9e-b09f6c778867
  3. run ready boost with flash drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    run ready boost with flash drives: how to run ready boost in windows 11 ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-ready-boost-with-flash-drives/e5928730-b103-460e-ac9e-b09f6c778867
  4. Ready Boost!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ready Boost!: Hi again, I have a Lenovo laptop G700 which I have had since new. I was reading about "Ready Boost" today and decided to give it a try. I inserted my 64 GB SanDisk and it set up with no problems. It seemed to be better with web sites and apps opening quicker etc. The problem...
  5. Ready Boost!

Ready Boost!: Hi again, I have a Lenovo laptop G700 which I have had since new. I was reading about "Ready Boost" today and decided to give it a try. I inserted my 64 GB SanDisk and it set up with no problems. It seemed to be better with web sites and apps opening quicker etc. The problem...
  6. No ready boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ready boost: I have recently bought a SanDisk Ultra 3.0 pendrive and was trying to enable ready boost for increasing my pc performance but There is no Ready boost tab in the pendrive properties....
  7. No ready boost

No ready boost: I have recently bought a SanDisk Ultra 3.0 pendrive and was trying to enable ready boost for increasing my pc performance but There is no Ready boost tab in the pendrive properties....
  8. Ready boost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ready boost: Ready boost option is not working in my windows when I open it blue screen comes, then the computer dies. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ready-boost/05e6e65d-b280-4054-b76a-bed04681ac0e
  9. Ready Boost

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ready Boost: After some study I would like to try Ready Boost in the hope it might do something to help my limited RAM. However, the option does not appear at all when I look for it inthe Properties of USB Flash Drives. The Ready Boost tab does not appear, in the way described in articles...
  10. Ready boost

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ready boost: Readyboost option is not shown in my window 10 pc which has latest 1809 version of Window 10 ***Moved from Insider forum*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ready-boost/641630d2-2649-4570-bc42-4738b0cd8231"