Windows 10: Is it safe to d-load Windows setup to an infected PC via Microsoft SDM

Discus and support Is it safe to d-load Windows setup to an infected PC via Microsoft SDM in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I intend to download Windows 7 x64 setup so that I can burn it on a DVD but there is a very persistent USB malware in the PC, and now I am wondering if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steffan, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Steffan Win User

Is it safe to d-load Windows setup to an infected PC via Microsoft SDM

I intend to download Windows 7 x64 setup so that I can burn it on a DVD but there is a very persistent USB malware in the PC, and now I am wondering if that malware could somehow "sneak up" into the ISO file that SDM would download and prepare for burning on a disk... If that is the case, then the whole process would be meaningless. Does anyone know?

:)

Steffan, Sep 28, 2016
  2. Gautam K Win User

Secure Download Manger "404- File or Directory not found"

I have tried to install different software on dreamspark but as you may know they are .SDX Files. I have tried countless times to download the SDM (Secure Down-

load Manager) but have been unable to. Is there any other site where I can download the setup?

Gautam K, Sep 28, 2016
  3. Is it safe to merge D and C drives?

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Are you using an OEM computer?

• Do you have any recovery drive?
    I would like to inform you that, manipulating partitions can be risky.

It's always good to have a backup, and keep copies of your files in case something happens to the originals.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 28, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Safe is always a relative term. Nobody can answer that question with any degree of certainty.

LMiller7, Sep 28, 2016
  5. Steffan Win User
    Would a malware infiltirate inside an ISO file when it is downloaded by Microsoft Secure download manager?

Steffan, Sep 28, 2016
  6. Zdravo brate,
    Pitaš da li je dobro da se pokrene Windows setup na zaraženom računaru preko Microsoft Download manager-a?
    Skini ti to negde drugde, bolje ne eksperimentiši. Kakvi Download manageri i čudesa. Skini sa GetIntoPC.

WebbyLight0, Sep 28, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    Not unless you had disabled UAC. If you had it would be simple - unzip an ISO, add something (add something to the .wim as well if you want) and recreate it with oscdimg.exe Obviously malware could do this (and so could you).

Don't turn off UAC and you'll be OK.

8. Winuser Win User

Just to be sure you could run a checksum on the ISO.

Winuser, Sep 28, 2016
  9. Samuria Win User
    Mostly it depends what your infected with

Samuria, Sep 28, 2016
  10. Steffan Win User
    Ne vidim kako bi bilo drugacije da skinem ISO fajl sa nekog drugog sajta ako skidan na isti racunar. Isti je tip dokuenta koji se preuzima sa oba...

Steffan, Sep 28, 2016
  11. Steffan Win User
    Well, it's definitely something that Avast doesn't see and BitDefender Live Disk won't remove. What it is it exactly, I don't know...

Steffan, Sep 28, 2016
  12. Steffan Win User
    Is it safe to d-load Windows setup to an infected PC via Microsoft SDM [​IMG]

It is set like this. I hope that's good enough since the DVD is already burned.

Steffan, Sep 28, 2016
  13. Steffan Win User

Would you explain how?

Steffan, Sep 28, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    When I get home I'll try to post some links.

Winuser, Sep 28, 2016
  15. Winuser Win User
    I haven't done it in a while so I had to try it first. I use ISOBuster. File Data Recovery software, best price quality solution
    1. Start ISOBuster
    2. Click on File
    3. Click on Open Image File
    4. Select the Image you want to open
    5. Right click on DVD
    6. Move cursor to MD5 Checksum file - Create MD5 Checksum and click on For this Image
    7. Choose were you want to save the file
    8. After file is created right click on it and select CRC SHA
    9. The you can select CRC-32, CRC-64, SHA-1 or SHA-256
    The hash code should be listed on the Windows 7 ISO download page.

Edit: I made a video but I don't know how to upload a video.

Winuser, Sep 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Is it safe to d-load Windows setup to an infected PC via Microsoft SDM - Similar Threads - safe load setup

2. Safely scanning potentially infected drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safely scanning potentially infected drive: Hello, I have recently got a terrible malware on my pc that forced me to ditch my hard drive, while I was taking out my hard drive out of my pc my pc is prebuilt which was the first time I had done that I found some random 1tb ssd. I wish to use this drive but I am worried...
  3. Safely scanning potentially infected drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safely scanning potentially infected drive: Hello, I have recently got a terrible malware on my pc that forced me to ditch my hard drive, while I was taking out my hard drive out of my pc my pc is prebuilt which was the first time I had done that I found some random 1tb ssd. I wish to use this drive but I am worried...
  4. Safe to setup windows with Microsoft account that was in past malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe to setup windows with Microsoft account that was in past malware?: So I wiped the computer and I setup windows 11 and logged into the same Microsoft account for it. I heard windows syncs still automatically like your passwords and preferences but does it sync anything or bring anything that could reinfect the pc?...
  5. Safe to setup windows with Microsoft account that was in past malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe to setup windows with Microsoft account that was in past malware?: So I wiped the computer and I setup windows 11 and logged into the same Microsoft account for it. I heard windows syncs still automatically like your passwords and preferences but does it sync anything or bring anything that could reinfect the pc?...
  6. Trying to run chkdsk after I formatted by HDD in the Windows Setup via an USB. Safe to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to run chkdsk after I formatted by HDD in the Windows Setup via an USB. Safe to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dadybosma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnrotn/trying_to_run_chkdsk_after_i_formatted_by_hdd_in/
  7. microsoft infection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft infection: microsoft has hindered my every attempt do down load my choise of other services, why is that" and how do I fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-infection/f882df43-20d1-40bc-83b1-fdeb86782f75
  8. Possible infected PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  9. Possible infected PC

Possible infected PC: Hello Community : I hope someone can help, I have an HP Compaq 8200 PC with Microsoft Windows 10 Pro SCENARIO: I needed to print and send a saved document to a client, as I was searching for the document I saw a file that I did not recognize, I...
  10. PC infected with malware

PC infected with malware: I recently ran kmspico.exe and couple other unverified programs(of course by mistake) and now my pc's loaded with malware and virus. I reset my pc completely but I still think there are virus files saved which weren't deleted as I had opted to kept personal files. I don't...