Windows 10: Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install

Discus and support Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made a 100gb partition because I was going to try and install Windows 7 and have it as a 2nd OS along side Windows 10, but about half way through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheMrJezza, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install

I made a 100gb partition because I was going to try and install Windows 7 and have it as a 2nd OS along side Windows 10, but about half way through the computer restarted and I can't boot into Windows Setup. That's fine, I changed the default OS and made Windows 10 be chosen instantly on startup. Although in disk management the (Windows 10) Windows C: partition says Boot, I'm not really sure whether or not it's safe to delete the Windows 7 partition. Could somebody please help me out with this. Here is a screen shot of Disk Management if it helps.

Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install [​IMG]

:)

TheMrJezza, Dec 30, 2015

2. query about deleting the partition where Windows 10 is installed.

At first I was running Win XP on a 29.9 GB partition( C: ). Then I changed to dual-boot and installed Win 7 on a 87.7 GB partition( D: ) and was using both as required . But after release of Win 10 I installed it on the partition of Win XP( So now Win 10
    is on the ( C: ) and Win 7 remains in the ( D: ) ) by formatting that partition from installation disk and then also I was fluidly able to use both Win 7 and Win 10. But now I am running out of space and after changing my motherboard( My old motherboard was
    damaged) my Win 7 loads up but stucks at a black screen where I was supposed to sign in. So my question is that is it safe to format the win 7 partition from any windows installation disk????? I am attaching a Screenshot of the disk Management

Original title:
    Is it safe deleting old Win 7 partition

Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install [​IMG]

SnehashisSarkar, Dec 30, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Windows 10 killed my computer

Did you boot to the windows 7 dvd and select Custom Install when you see the screen with that option, Drive Options, delete the partition with win 10 and then begin the install? You cannot skip Custom install because windows 7 cannot recognize
    a partition with windows 10 on it. Deleting the partition with win 10 allows the win 7 install to reformat the partition and install 7.

Try it now.

mlg63, Dec 30, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install

Yes, it is safe to delete the Windows 7 partition. The partition marked as active is the one which contains the boot files, and that would appear to be your first partition "EFI System".

NavyLCDR, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install

1. Is it safe to delete a partition containing unsuccessful win 7 install - Similar Threads - safe delete partition

2. Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete: So I am trying to install windows 11 on my laptop by myself and so far I’ve been doing good but when it’s comes down to which drive I should download it I don’t know because I’m scared deleting or formatting one will have a negative effect on my system can you please help me...
  3. Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which of these partitions drives are safe to delete: So I am trying to install windows 11 on my laptop by myself and so far I’ve been doing good but when it’s comes down to which drive I should download it I don’t know because I’m scared deleting or formatting one will have a negative effect on my system can you please help me...
  4. how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?: Im trying to uninstall updates that i installed because after i installed them one of the games i play stopped working and so far ive deleted all the updates i can delete but i cant delete some of the updates because they were unsuccessfully installed.....
  5. how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i delete unsuccessfully installed updates on windows 7 ?: Im trying to uninstall updates that i installed because after i installed them one of the games i play stopped working and so far ive deleted all the updates i can delete but i cant delete some of the updates because they were unsuccessfully installed.....
  6. Is it safe to combine/delete these partitions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to combine/delete these partitions?: As the title says, I took a look into Disk Management on Windows 10 and am wondering if its safe to combine the two recovery partitions which are Disk 0 partition 1 and Disk 0 partition 4. (I've read that Windows creates a new partition every time there is a Windows Update so...
  7. safe to delete intermediate partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe to delete intermediate partitions?: I'm dual booting ubuntu 18.04.3 alongside Windows 10, I want to allocate 100gb of disk space for ubuntu. I already have 50gb of unallocated space, I want to extend another 50gb from windows c. but there are two partitions in between can I delete them? I wanted to know the...
  8. Is it safe to delete baselayer and sandbox from Containers Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to delete baselayer and sandbox from Containers Folder: First post. Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I made the mistake of following the tutorial to enable Sandbox. It failed miserably, with different errors at different times such as the common Error: 0x80072746. So I disabled Sandbox but i still have this garbage partition...
  9. Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Clean install - delete partitions: Clean install from flash drive. I'm just following instructions... All okay up until "...delete each Drive/Partition..." EXCEPT the "Unallocated Space". I do not see the term Unallocated Space. I have 5 partitions 1-5. 1(ESP/System) says don't delete as it's an EFI...
  10. What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are these partitions for and which can be safely deleted (clean install): I'm planning on doing a clean install of Windows 10 from ISO on a USB. Looking at the partitions I have now, I'm not sure exactly what all these are for and which I should/could keep/delete. [ATTACH] I know what (C:) obviously is, and Disk 1 is an external drive, so...