Windows 10: Is it safe to delete windows.old after spring update

Discus and support Is it safe to delete windows.old after spring update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After updating to Spring Update..installation went ok but my pc rebooted to spinning dots for hours. Out of frustration i did a pc reset..now everthing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by treblefree, May 6, 2018.

1. Is it safe to delete windows.old after spring update

After updating to Spring Update..installation went ok but my pc rebooted to spinning dots for hours.
    Out of frustration i did a pc reset..now everthing is ok.A couples of questions...

Can i delete Windows.old folder and another folder called Windows 10 upgrade...say after a week?
    and when i delete above folders..and have to do another pc reset ( hope not ) ..what OS would be on my pc...?
    Windows 10 with Spring Update or Windows Spring Update..i'm confused..would i have re-install Windows 10
    then install Spring Update again ?

Thank you

:)

treblefree, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to delete windows.old after spring update

1. Is it safe to delete windows.old after spring update - Similar Threads - safe delete old

2. Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11: Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11 because my c: drive is low on space but my machine can't or won't delete it. Tells me it's doing it but Windows old is still there and I'm still short of disc space. how do I delete the old files to give W11 the space it needs...
  3. Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11: Trying to delete Windows old after update to W11 because my c: drive is low on space but my machine can't or won't delete it. Tells me it's doing it but Windows old is still there and I'm still short of disc space. how do I delete the old files to give W11 the space it needs...
  4. spring 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring 2021 update: creating a sytem image went from 2 minutes using a samsung t5 external drive.what iis the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/aee51f0a-b3d8-4b46-8fc6-dca1a98951f7
  5. Spring 2021 Update

Spring 2021 Update: Taking a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/7a2e095c-4e8e-4f4e-af64-ced37fe0f1e6
  6. Spring Update on the Horizon

Spring Update on the Horizon: Can be sure the Win10 Spring Update Version 2004 is not far off, now... As of today Fast Track Insiders have moved on to 20H2 Builds. Obviously, meaning 20H1 is done & can be expected, soon. There's a good quantity of stuff <-- very techy term that most Folks will probably...
  7. Windows 10 Spring update

Windows 10 Spring update: Hello, I have a new HP business laptop and so far I have installed Office 2016, Symantec Security Endpoint protection and have downloaded a handful of Microsoft updates but after 10 days the Spring update has not started to download or install. The computer is connected to...
  8. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  9. After spring update NOD32 AV error

After spring update NOD32 AV error: After the latest update I get after a while "a serious application error occured AV modules are not working" Especially 1 hour after using a memory hungry film editing program(Cyberlink) When the registry is set to clear pagefile cache, after reboot ok. Installed a program to...
  10. Spring Update Deleted Outlook.com E-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Spring Update Deleted Outlook.com E-mails: After installing the recent Spring update, I discovered when I went to my Outlook.com e-mails that all my saved e-mails were gone. Apparently the update deleted everything in my saved folder. This does it for me. Microsoft can take their e-mail program and stick it. Going to...