Windows 10: Is it safe to download/use a Windows 10 Repair Tool ?

Discus and support Is it safe to download/use a Windows 10 Repair Tool ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Some problems (IE 11 not opening, etc.) started with Win. 10, and I found a site offering a WINDOWS 10 REPAIR TOOL, as shown below: Download Latest... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Glyadun90, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Glyadun90 Win User

Is it safe to download/use a Windows 10 Repair Tool ?

Some problems (IE 11 not opening, etc.) started with Win. 10, and I found a site offering a WINDOWS 10 REPAIR TOOL, as shown below:

Download Latest Official Version
    (8.2 MB)
    Description: RegCure Pro®
    Operating System: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, & XP
    Version: 3.2.19.0
    Downloads: 3,281,199
    Release Date: March 21, 2017* * *
    PLEASE NOTE: Your PC will be scanned and repaired by the Windows 10 Repair Tool. It will fix, clean, and speed up Windows 10. The scan and repair process will take approximately 2 minutes.

It is offered by ERROR SUPPORT (errorrepair.org) but it is NOT clear (to me) what is this entity and whether this tool is approved by MSoft.

Being burnt already by downloading and afraid of this "experience" I ask you to help me understand:

How Safe it is to download and use this Windows 10 Repair tool ??

Any experience with the effectiveness of this program in repairing Windows 10, as well as considerations about how to DOUBLEcheck (after an Antivirus, such as NORTON) the safety of a download are also very very appreciated.

Thank you for attention

:)

Glyadun90, Mar 28, 2017
  2. poletha Win User

windows 10 PC Repair download - is this legitimate?

received pop-up on my pc to download windows 10 pc repair tool developed by Microsoft Partner Application Development. Is this legitimate and safe for download?

poletha, Mar 28, 2017
  3. Win10 "metro app" icons in taskbar used to work, but NOT now. Browser(s) taskbar icons work.

I searched online for the above problem and found a link to "Windows 10 Repair Tool" (aka "Regcure Pro"). Is this a "safe" diagnostic program to download and scan and repair my registry as advertised??

Dan_de_Lion, Mar 28, 2017
  4. Xilnik Win User

I would be very skeptical of a repair tool like that. RegCure Pro implies some automated tinkering with the registry, which I have found to cause more damage to my systems in the past. I think you are better off trying an In-place Upgrade Repair Install to try to repair Internet Explorer and other Windows related issues.

Xilnik, Mar 28, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    They are absolutely NOT in any way anything to do with Microsoft. They are in fact paid by the authors of this software to recommend it - just an advertising agency, as it were. Read the very small print at the bottom of their web page.
    This sort of 'fix all your problems and speed up your PC' software often causes more problems than it cures. There should be a law against it.

@Glyadun90, your IE problem on your other thread has a very simple solution. Have you tried running IE then cascading all your windows, as suggested in the link I gave you?

6. Glyadun90 Win User
    Bree:

Many thanks for your active attention to my IE problem. Unfortunately neither "Cascade" nor "Stacked" windows has any effect and there does not appear a checkmark near these options after I click them (after having several IE microwindows as appearing and then initiating this list of options by clicking the taskbar.

Glyadun90, Mar 29, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Sorry to hear that. There is one last thing left to try. I have posted it on your 'IE' thread here.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it safe to download/use a Windows 10 Repair Tool ? - Similar Threads - safe download Repair

2. Windows 10 stuck in repair tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck in repair tools: I restarted my computer while it was logging in my user because it took ages, i then got forced into repair tools and i forgot my admin pass https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-in-repair-tools/649e4120-d3c6-4f52-a436-2948e9ec0c44
  3. Windows 10 Repair Tool?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Repair Tool?: Hello All, Windows 7 had a repair tool which could be used by placing the Windows 7 CD in the CD player and running a repair. At least that is how I remember it. Anyway, is there a similar repair tool to run for Windows 10? I am having several issues with Windows 10 lately....
  4. Windows Repair Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Repair Tool: Hey, community. I was wondering if there is any application that can automatically repair Windows10 if anything goes wrong. Since my Pro edition has some difficulty with startup sometimes, I just want to know if there's any tool I can use to help Windows fix errors besides...
  5. Can't repair Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't repair Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool: Hello everyone, I'm having trouble with some Windows features, as a result I want to Repair windows using and USB drive and the Media Creation Tool. All is good when I boot to the USB. However, after pressing "next" on the window and clicking on repair (bottom left), it...
  6. Windows Repair tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Repair tool: I have just received an email ,supposedly for Microsoft, advising me that my windows repair tool is about to expire I believe this to be phishing scam. Am I correct? Regards Al...
  7. Using Windows Assistant tool to download Windows 10 to PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Windows Assistant tool to download Windows 10 to PC: I run windows Assistant tool to download the OS file to my PC and i realised that after the download is complete, it will start to verify and then it tool will just disappear without having to save the OS file on the PC. I tried it again thinking it was my fault so i was...
  8. Windows Repair Tool 10 Home

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Repair Tool 10 Home: Hello, Dear Sir, please give me a bug checking tool for Windows 10 Home and a Windows 10 Home Repair tool. Wait for response! Thank you! A good day! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-repair-tool-10-home/57f5cd82-72a7-4911-b4ae-6d21f618a56d
  9. repair tools for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    repair tools for Windows 10: Sometimes I face issues with my Windows so I’d like to find out if there is a full list of diagnostic and repair tools for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/repair-tools-for-windows-10/7ac97d08-33c0-447a-b882-19c888fc8803
  10. Windows 10 Repair Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Repair Tool: I have three hard drives that have installations of Windows 10. I swap them around as needed on the same PC. Lately, two of the three have become corrupted. One so badly, I can't boot on to it. Of course I can install Windows 10 cleanly to fix the problem, but then I will...