Windows 10: Is it safe to go ahead and download the Creators Update?

Discus and support Is it safe to go ahead and download the Creators Update? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is it safe to go ahead and update to the Windows 10 Creators Update through the Windows 10 Update Assistant? Thanks! *Smile Windows 10 Creators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jesse Williams, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Is it safe to go ahead and download the Creators Update?

Jesse Williams, Mar 27, 2017

2. N80 Updater when it finally gets the go ahead.

Think I may just stick with getting a NSC to do it then. I'm bound the fluff it up.

taffytafftaf, Mar 27, 2017
  3. rufao Win User
    N80 Updater when it finally gets the go ahead.

the faq says the warranty will not be affected

so if the updater causes a problem you will get a warranty repair.

you would need to check with the engineer who is repairing your phone to see waht it is they plan to do.

as for your second point on who pays for the repair out of warranty, this is already answered on the FAQ here:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,8764,95600,00.html#23

rufao, Mar 27, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Is it safe to go ahead and download the Creators Update?

Based on previous experience of upgrades, I'd opt to wait up to 3 months for MS to push out the next big update.
    However, you have Home, and can't defer upgrades, but could block all updates.
    PCs can be rendered unbootable for various reasons by these major changes.
    Note: MS will not have tested this with your particular combination of hardware and software.

However, the way to play it safe, if you're prepared to spend the time, is
    a. Create a system image (disk image) using e.g. Macrium Reflect (free). (That you are hopefully doing routinely anyway so you can recover from many kinds of problems relatively quickly and painlessly without technical help).

b. Try the upgrade

c. If ok, create a new base image and continue happily, marching triumphantly into the setting sun.

d. If it fails, your disk image gives you an additional (or perhaps your only) recovery option.

You will be able to monitor people's experience on the relevant thread in News on this forum, e.g.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2017
  5. I have Macrium Reflect on one of my computers, and it is backed up to it.

Jesse Williams, Mar 27, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    It's worth checking on what the creator's upgrade offers.. which you've probably done.
    3D & VR, display dimming, more control of updates, some Edge features, possibly blue-light reduction...
    Probably won't let users block some critical updates with metered connections.
    Extended 'out of hours' period.
    Active hours up from 12 to 18 hours.
    etc...

I.e. is there anything of value?

dalchina, Mar 27, 2017
  7. Those links to download the Creators Update are all dead (meaning they don't do anything). So, I will probably just wait until it is officially released on April 11th to download it from Microsoft, unless y'all know how to do it now. I am a Windows Insider but I don't have the Insider versions on any of my PC's anymore. But waiting may be the better option to keep my computers secure and safe.

Jesse Williams, Mar 29, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

To be strictly accurate, they were live for about 18 hours until MS realised they'd been discovered, so they pulled them.
    http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/28/15...load-iso-files

Personally I'm waiting for the MCT to be updated so I can make the combined x86/x64 iso. Then I can update as many machines as I like for just the one download.

9. @Bree, yes I agree. That's what I will wait on too. The Media Creation Tool to be updated.

Jesse Williams, Mar 29, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    Useful fact: the current MCT will continue to make the 1607 iso long after 1703(?) is released, you'll need to download a new one. I have a collection of previous MCTs and even the 10240 one still works (I used it to made an iso last month).

11. slicendice, Mar 29, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    I'd say it's safe to download it... the question is what happens then... *chuckle

dalchina, Mar 29, 2017
  13. Phone Man Win User

I would wait for the official release. The preview is still being tested by insiders and MS and they are probably working on a Cumulative Update to fix any last minute bugs and will release it with the official release on April 11.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Mar 29, 2017
  14. I agree. If not a tech savvy then better just wait for all final fixes, for a smooth ride to Creators Update.

slicendice, Mar 29, 2017
  15. Steve C Win User
    "Final fixes" *Roflmao2 I'll leave the upgrade for at least 3 months to digest the problems surely to be reported on the forum.

Steve C, Mar 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Is it safe to go ahead and download the Creators Update? - Similar Threads - safe ahead download

2. Finally got the option to install 2004 on my computer, is it safe to go ahead?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finally got the option to install 2004 on my computer, is it safe to go ahead?: I just turned it on and checked for updates and the "your device is not supported" message is gone and I'm currently downloading it. Is it okay to install it now? submitted by /u/samsungbunny [link] [comments]...
  3. Is it safe to download the 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it safe to download the 1809 update: Hi, I just purchased X1 Carbon Yoga and based on what happened to my surface I am hesitant to download the 1809 update on my new computer. Is this update now safe to install or do I run the risk of loosing my files and damaging hardware?...
  4. Creator's Update

Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  5. Creator update 1703 downloads and installs, but then ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creator update 1703 downloads and installs, but then ...: I have been trying for days now to update from 1607 (OS 14393.1358) to 1703. I've used Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool; the necessary files are downloaded and installed (which seems to take forever), but immediately upon rebooting, the computer reverts back to 1607....
  6. New creators update, how to prevent download?

New creators update, how to prevent download?: I've been informed that this update is due in the fall. It provides nothing that interests me. Can I prevent MS from installing this on my computer? Thanks....Ed Toshiba laptop, W10 Anniv. Home. 86872
  7. Creators Update

Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  8. Creators update not downloading after reviewing settings

Creators update not downloading after reviewing settings: So tonight my pc finally got the privacy settings KB through windows update as a precursor to the creators update. Although having installed it I wasn't seeing the subsequent pop up to review the privacy settings. I know it can take a bit of time but I did notice in the start...
  9. When is Creators Update safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    When is Creators Update safe?: I have four Windows computers, and generally use only three. The forth was an older Vista machine that was given to me, and I took it with the intention of loading it with Linux Mint. However, when I get it hooked up and powered on, I found someone had replaced Vista with...
  10. Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?

Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?: Wait a good 2 to 3 months after it comes out, everyone and their brother will be trying to update, I wait at least 6 months *Smile or even a full year. I have Pro so I can do that. But if I hear great things, maybe I`ll install it on the Z170 a bit sooner.