Windows 10: Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

Discus and support Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ari94, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Ari94 Win User

Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box.So please suggest if it is safe to change such settings or not?Thank you

:)

Ari94, Apr 25, 2024

2. Virtual memory not changing

My guess at this stage is that you are missing one of the clicks perhaps on SET Manage Virtual Memory Pagefile in Windows 10 OR you are short of available free space on the drive OR there is something using a heavy amount of virtual memory and the 6.01 refers to available or IN Use Check as per the tutorial please

Macboatmaster, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Apr 25, 2024
  4. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

Hi,
    Nice one Shawn
    What's the listing above about is that to help with the new fake shut down features ?

Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows  10 and change settings or not 181759d1521654629t-clear-virtual-memory-pagefile-shutdown-windows-10-a-above.png

ThrashZone, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

1. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not - Similar Threads - safe manage Virtual

2. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  3. Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it safe to manage Virtual Memory Pagefile In Windows 10 and change settings or not: On websites and videos I noticed people talk about changing settings for Virtual memory in Windows 10.They say it is ok to change the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile physical memory also on the Virtual Memory box, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for...
  4. setting virtual memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting virtual memory: i am using a 8gb laptop and i have found a lot of issues with out of memory and low virtual memory errors. upon searching in google, it said this:To calculate the "general rule" recommended size of virtual memory in Windows 10 per the 8 GB your system has, here's the equation...
  5. setting virtual memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    setting virtual memory: i am using a 8gb laptop and i have found a lot of issues with out of memory and low virtual memory errors. upon searching in google, it said this:To calculate the "general rule" recommended size of virtual memory in Windows 10 per the 8 GB your system has, here's the equation...
  6. Logical bad sectors in the disk of virtual memory pagefile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logical bad sectors in the disk of virtual memory pagefile: Dear community, My laptop is having frequent UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION issue. A previous question related to that:...
  7. windows virtual memory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows virtual memory settings: can anyone recommend best virtual memory settings for 3 gb ram computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-virtual-memory-settings/51127e63-596e-42ca-b1c6-18be38a2fe47
  8. Enable or Disable Virtual Memory Pagefile Encryption in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Virtual Memory Pagefile Encryption in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Virtual Memory Pagefile Encryption in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Virtual Memory Pagefile Encryption in Windows 10 Encrypting the pagefile prevents malicious users from reading data that has been paged to disk, but also adds processing...
  9. Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10: How to: Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10 How to Clear Virtual Memory Pagefile at Shutdown in Windows 10 Virtual memory support uses a system pagefile to swap pages of memory to disk when they are not used. On a running system, this pagefile is...
  10. Manage Virtual Memory Pagefile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage Virtual Memory Pagefile in Windows 10: How to: Manage Virtual Memory Pagefile in Windows 10 How to Manage Virtual Memory Pagefile in Windows 10 Paging is a memory management scheme by which a PC stores and retrieves data from secondary storage for use in main memory. In this scheme, the operating system...