Is it safe to remove .sys file?

Discus and support Is it safe to remove .sys file? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hey guys my computer running out of disk space, and i would like to remove some files and its include pagefile.sys , hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, May 12, 2018.

1. mikelferdinan Win User

Hey guys my computer running out of disk space, and i would like to remove some files and its include pagefile.sys , hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys. Is it safe to remove them? if so how to remove them?

:)

mikelferdinan, May 12, 2018
  2. Nyima Yonten Win User

Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to remove .sys file? - Similar Threads - safe remove sys

1. "Safely remove hardware"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Safely remove hardware": Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's totally random. For example, if I can't see it now, I close session or reboot, and it appears. It started to happen after...
  2. "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.: Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's totally random. For example, if I can't see it now, I close session or reboot, and it appears. It started to happen after...
  3. Safely Remove not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Safely Remove not working properly: Since the 1803 update, Safely Remove is wonky. ASfter ejecting drive, I no longer get the 'Save to remove' popup. This ion my desktop pc. On my laptop, which has the same update installed, I do get the popup. Can I get the popup back on the desktop machine? 111207
  4. Safely Remove not wkring properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove not wkring properly: Since the 1803 update, Safely Remove is wonky. ASfter ejecting drive, I no longer get the 'Save to remove' popup. This ion my desktop pc. On my laptop, which has the same update installed, I do get the popup. Can I get the popup back on the desktop machine? 111207
  5. Move "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray to Hidden Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Move "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray to Hidden Icons: . My "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has moved from Hidden Icons to the system tray - to the right of the "Show hIdden icons" icon. How can I move it back to Hidden Icons? Thanks. 110170
  6. VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VulkanRT -- Trojan? Virus? How Do I Safely Remove It?: [img] I believe I may have a malicious threat called VulkanRT. Above is the list of files in a folder called VulkanRT. I have not clicked on any of them. A site called Malwareless lists this as a Trojan. Even though the files are all dated 9/13/2017, the C:/ dir lists...
  7. Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?: Is it safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings after you've installed the Windows 10 Creators Update? I've just upgraded to the Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows 10 1607, using the Windows Update Assistant. I got fed up waiting for the CU to come via...