Is it safe to remove .sys file?

Discus and support Is it safe to remove .sys file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys my computer running out of disk space, and i would like to remove some files and its include pagefile.sys , hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, May 12, 2018.

1. mikelferdinan Win User

Hey guys my computer running out of disk space, and i would like to remove some files and its include pagefile.sys , hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys. Is it safe to remove them? if so how to remove them?

:)

mikelferdinan, May 12, 2018
  2. Nyima Yonten Win User

Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Is it safe to remove .sys file? - Similar Threads - safe remove sys

2. how to open mix file in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to open mix file in windows 10: I have *.mix files which I can't open them in Windows 10. Is any application can be downloaded to open mix files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-open-mix-file-in-windows-10/495dc746-1b7e-4166-941a-809b409b6c44
  3. Unable to install fonts - Invalid font file

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install fonts - Invalid font file: I just did a fresh install of windows 10 pro yesterday. I finished installing everything, steam, AV software, etc. I tried to play visual novel or install a font for a steam skin and I keep getting an invalid font file. When I create a new user, I can install fonts but here...
  4. my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?: my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/my-file-is-not-readable-how-do-i-change-it-so-i/da93c09e-466e-427a-bf5d-b811c82224bb
  5. Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing new or deleted files but not modified files: Hello I've recently started using Onedrive - not sure it was a good idea! It's syncing ok when I add or delete files but not when I simply modify a file eg open a file with Excel make a change and close the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve...
  6. Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost desktop and task-bar Icons windows 10 1709 and 1803 when i turn of online files in...: Windows 10 1709 & 1803 Lost icons I am currently going through all UK Windows 10 users and implementing Microsoft One Drive for Business. I currently have 2 users in the UK that are having issues after I have disabled offline files in Sync centre they lose all...
  7. Fresh Start Not Removing Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Start Not Removing Apps: I have a recently purchased Dell 9570. I tried to run Fresh Start three times, but the Dell apps are still installed when Fresh Start is complete. All of the Dell apps (and several other apps as well) are listed in the in the To Be Removed list when Fresh Start is selected....
  8. bluetooth for my airpods will not remove my device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth for my airpods will not remove my device: Hi, My Airpods in my Bluetooth settings will not remove the device. My Airpods stopped working and I tried to remove them and it just says "removing device". How and I remove them then reinstall? Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 v1803 freezes while copying files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v1803 freezes while copying files: I am currently running Windows 10 v1803 Os Build 17134.228, although this problem has been occurring prior to this build of v1803. I am trying to restore my files after reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. When I copy/restore my files either by using Windows Explorer...
  10. Colour a file name in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Colour a file name in windows explorer: I'm currently proof reading 100s of files in digital format from the original hard copy. Some have bits missing and the simplest way would be to be to change the file name colour so I can find it again easily at a later date. Ideally I would like to do this without hacking...