Windows 10: Is it safe to remove .sys file?

Discus and support Is it safe to remove .sys file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys my computer running out of disk space, and i would like to remove some files and its include pagefile.sys , hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikelferdinan, May 12, 2018.

1. Is it safe to remove .sys file?

Hey guys my computer running out of disk space, and i would like to remove some files and its include pagefile.sys , hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys. Is it safe to remove them? if so how to remove them?

:)

mikelferdinan, May 12, 2018

2. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, May 30, 2018
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Is it safe to remove .sys file?

1. Is it safe to remove .sys file? - Similar Threads - safe remove sys

2. Is it safe to clear page file sys

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to clear page file sys: my page file sys is using a bit of data. I was wondering it is safe to clear it to 0 just once. I dont want to disable it just clear it to 0. I saw online you can clear it to zero on shut down but i question weather its safe and if it is safe how would i go about doing it so...
  3. Is it safe to clear page file sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to clear page file sys: my page file sys is using a bit of data. I was wondering it is safe to clear it to 0 just once. I dont want to disable it just clear it to 0. I saw online you can clear it to zero on shut down but i question weather its safe and if it is safe how would i go about doing it so...
  4. Is it safe to clear page file sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is it safe to remove these files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to remove these files?: Hello, I am not sure if these folders are safe to remove them it have weird names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-remove-these-files/0a5fc350-5ecb-4679-8465-2872e4028ffc
  6. Removing .sys file in \Windows\System32\drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing .sys file in \Windows\System32\drivers: Hello. I need to delete two 2 system files in the above-mentioned directory: silabser.sys and silabenm.sys which has Read & Execute, Read privileges only 108 KB. Each time I receive "Access Denied." I have tried various programs such as File Shredder, BitRaser, Chmod-Win,...
  7. Are these safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these safe to remove: Hi Guys I have on my pc the following items and I want to know if its safe to remove. As far as I know, I do not have/use any Apple products or machines. Apple Application Support 64 bit Apple Mobile Device Support Apple Software Update W 10 of course 159676
  8. Can the Panther file be safely removed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can the Panther file be safely removed?: Can the Panther file be safely removed?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-panther-file-be-safely-removed/07371fbf-42fc-4abf-98bd-983316f8b48c"
  9. Safe to remove

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove: On 1 of 4 1809 machines, I lost the "safe to remove message" The ports are ok and the stick is ok because the led goes out. Does anyone have a fix that "really" works ? Thanks 125584
  10. sys file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sys file: There is error of sys file if you want to reomve this error then you visit our site https://unfitpc.com/asinshelp64-sys, it will be fruitful for you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-windows_skype/sys-file/414caabe-824d-4938-b5ee-70989d4c1a04