Windows 10: Is it worth buying a used Radeon 7870 to do Crossfire?

Discus and support Is it worth buying a used Radeon 7870 to do Crossfire? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm wondering whether it worth buying a used 7870 to do crossfire with. Ebay has some for around $50 and was thinking it might be a cheap way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by waffles, Jun 20, 2018.

1. waffles Win User

Is it worth buying a used Radeon 7870 to do Crossfire?

I'm wondering whether it worth buying a used 7870 to do crossfire with. Ebay has some for around $50 and was thinking it might be a cheap way of increasing my computers power.
    CPU: AMD 8320
    Graphics: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition
    Power supply: CORSAIR CX-M series CX600M 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE
    memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

waffles, Jun 20, 2018

2. Windows Update Causing Crossfire Issues

The update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458)
    is causing my AMD crossfire to stop working. I have tested on the games Planetside 2, Skyrim, and Devil May Cry. In all of these games the audio works but the screen is black. Disabling crossfire fixes the issue. All of these games are 32 bit and DX9
    (Planetside 2 current version is 64 bit but was originally 32 bit).

It appears that even being in the install queue breaks crossfire. The only way to fix the issue is to install the update, uninstall the update, and then reinstall AMD drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller.

I've tried reinstalling AMD drivers and resenting/reinstalling Windows but the above is the only way I've found to fix the issue.

Any suggestions for fixing this problem?

Computer Specs:

8Gbs RAM

Gigabyte 990FX Mobo

2x AMD 7870 OC

AMD 8350 OC 4.4Ghz

MichelConn, Jun 21, 2018
  3. joshwurtz Win User
    Crossfire not working. Please help

Trying to crossfire my Radeon HD 6990 4GB with my HD 7770 2GB. before i put the crossfire cable on i had the option in catalyst control to enable crossfire but now that they are connected with the cable the option to do so does not appear. i am running
    windows 10 pro x64

joshwurtz, Jun 21, 2018
  4. Is it worth buying a used Radeon 7870 to do Crossfire?

7870 to 280x worth it?

AMD Radeon™ R9 290X. Take a look at this. See if it fits your needs. *Smile Is it worth buying a used Radeon 7870 to do Crossfire? :) -- My suggestion.

Desktop Graphics Cards | AMD

under_score, Jun 21, 2018
Thema:

Is it worth buying a used Radeon 7870 to do Crossfire?

1. Is it worth buying a used Radeon 7870 to do Crossfire? - Similar Threads - worth buying used

2. Buying TIkTok Followers, Views and Likes - Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying TIkTok Followers, Views and Likes - Is It Worth It?: Hello. I consider buying TikTok followers, views and likes to grow my account faster. What is your opinion about this? I found one reliable source - SocCeleb - to do this. I read they are selling real ones....
  3. Buying TIkTok Followers, Views and Likes - Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying TIkTok Followers, Views and Likes - Is It Worth It?: Hello. I consider buying TikTok followers, views and likes to grow my account faster. What is your opinion about this? I found one reliable source - SocCeleb - to do this. I read they are selling real ones....
  4. Is it worth using differnt os

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it worth using differnt os: My windows 10 has quite a lot of stuff on it that I don't want to lose But it takes 15 minutes to open any browser 10 and there is quite a lot of dumb stuff about windows and I'm using a computer described as ultra budget so is it worth getting dual os's and maybe having...
  5. Partition changes - Worth doing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition changes - Worth doing?: I am not very tech savvy, so I apologise for not knowing much about this. I recently fired up an old PC that I haven't used for a while. It is running very slow and I am trying various things to try to improve this. I have done the basics, like clean up the files I have...
  6. Partition changes - Worth doing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Partition changes - Worth doing?: I am not very tech savvy, so I apologise for not knowing much about this. I recently fired up an old PC that I haven't used for a while. It is running very slow and I am trying various things to try to improve this. I have done the basics, like clean up the files I have...
  7. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  8. crossfire issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    crossfire issue: Hello my english isnt the best so ill try to be as clear as i can i have a problem with my crossfire im trying to run two r9 390's it seems to be toggled on in the radeon settings but when i look at the performance monitor it clearly shows only one of the cards working at a...
  9. Python on Windows -- is it worth doing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Python on Windows -- is it worth doing: Hi there I like running python scripts on Linux -- I see that you can run python on windows Is it actually worth it -- the language seems easy and powerful (quite addictive - especially if your previous foray into any sort of programming was the old GW (or DOS) BASIC or...
  10. Crossfire Video problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Crossfire Video problem: ​My crossfire AMD Radeon R9-270's was running fine on Win 8.1 but now since update to Win 10 only one card shows and both was running fine on win 8. I plugged in to top card first pci-e on MB(win 8) now only 2nd pci-e bottom card(win10)works and have to plugin VGA or HDMI...