Windows 10: Is Kinguin Legit?

Discus and support Is Kinguin Legit? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, Anybody been burned getting OEM keys from Kinguin? I want one to dual boot Windows from my Mac, but their prices just seem too good to be legit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 0ct0pus, Oct 18, 2016.

1. 0ct0pus Win User

Is Kinguin Legit?

Hey,
    Anybody been burned getting OEM keys from Kinguin? I want one to dual boot Windows from my Mac, but their prices just seem too good to be legit and Reddit reviews are mixed. Some people say they're good with game keys, but it seems a little shady.
    Thanks!

:)

0ct0pus, Oct 18, 2016

2. Can i install OEM License back after complete format drive?

Thanks i will install windows asap again, it is windows 10 pro cost me 25.99$ from Kinguin sellers.

Would you say this is legit as other preinstalled OEM?

Or if not why is microsoft not doing anything against kinguin?

HasanLafci, Oct 18, 2016
  3. How can I activate my free upgrade of Windows 10 after Motherboard change?

Kinguin 29 bucks a new win 10 key pro Is Kinguin Legit? :)

Eric in IT, Oct 18, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Is Kinguin Legit?

Anywhere that sells keys cheap is always dodgy in some way e.g. they are selling keys intended for 3rd world countries where they are much cheaper. To buy such a key is not actually illegal but is against MS commercial terms and conditions and in theory, they could block such keys.

The reality is they do not really make much of an effort (presumably the cost of rigid enforcement far outweighs the minor financial loss - after all they recently gave free upgrades to 100's of millions of users).

Some sites are definitely outright scams but Kinguin is quite a well known site and whilst dubious, I doubt it blatantly scams users.

Thus so long as key is an oem key, not a volume licence key, they are usually ok (absolutely no guarantees of course). In the end, you take a risk - do not do it if you cannot afford to write off the investment.

cereberus, Oct 18, 2016
Thema:

Is Kinguin Legit?

1. Is Kinguin Legit? - Similar Threads - Kinguin Legit

2. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  3. My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is idling at 65% memory usage, but all the programs seem legit. How can I reduce...: Good evening, I have noticed that recently my computer fan does not turn off and wanted to check to see why. It appears that my Memory usage is extremely high literally all the time. I grabbed some screenshots of task manager and resource monitor, but all of the programs seem...
  4. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  5. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  6. I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...: My previous computer the motherboard crashed the boot drive became unreadable as a boot drive I rebuilt the computer motherboard and processor and ram and power supply and new motherboard has a m.2 ssd boot drive. I got a windows 10 temporary installation from Microsoft...
  7. I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...: My previous computer the motherboard crashed the boot drive became unreadable as a boot drive I rebuilt the computer motherboard and processor and ram and power supply and new motherboard has a m.2 ssd boot drive. I got a windows 10 temporary installation from Microsoft...
  8. I had a legit version of Windows 10 on old computer can I retrieve the WINDOWS 10...

9. How to check if installed windows 10 is legit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to check if installed windows 10 is legit?: im just a tiny bit paranoid. how can i check if the windows i installed is a legit one, and not a malicious copy made to steal data or smth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-if-installed-windows-10-is-legit/fe6db82c-3ea9-4bcd-b1ec-ecc5921941fa
  10. Purchased windows 10 pro key from kinguin, how to tell if genuine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased windows 10 pro key from kinguin, how to tell if genuine?: I purchased this key for my friend to use with his PC we just built. Used with the windows installation software from a USB and we typed in the key, and it was accepted. Then the computer rebooted and because we hadn't removed the USB drive, it loaded the installation program...