Windows 10: Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?

Discus and support Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My mother just bought herself a stylish red WD Passport external hard drive. Hardware and cable are nice quality and it's showing excellent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by cytherian, Jul 27, 2018.

1. cytherian Win User

Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?

My mother just bought herself a stylish red WD Passport external hard drive. Hardware and cable are nice quality and it's showing excellent performance.

Of course, it came with the WD backup software. I keep seeing high praise for Macrium Reflect. Is this still the case, such that I shouldn't even bother with the WD software?

:)

cytherian, Jul 27, 2018
  2. monim1 Win User

Looking for Backup Software with Specific Features

Nova BACKUP, Macrium Reflect etc are best data backup software with special feature. You can try these.

monim1, Jul 27, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down? [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

Geeks check this out (quote from Tell your backup software, win Macrium Reflect Home license! - Windows 10 Forums):

Another quote that might interest you (from post #2 in TenForums Saturday Live Chat 03-SEP-2016 - Windows 10 Forums):

Thema:

1. Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down? - Similar Threads - Macrium Reflect still

2. Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is Macrium Reflect still the best backup software, hands down?: My mother just bought herself a stylish red WD Passport external hard drive. Hardware and cable are nice quality and it's showing excellent performance. Of course, it came with the WD backup software. I keep seeing high praise for Macrium Reflect. Is this still the case,...
  3. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  4. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  5. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  6. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  7. Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect

Missing backup definition files in macrium reflect: I have two backup tasks that appear in the "scheduled backups" tab, and they run on schedule, but they don't appear in the "backup definition files" tab. This happened due to an uninstall and reinstall. How can I get them back into the "backup definition files" tab? I...
  8. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  9. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524
  10. Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File

Reusability of a Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File: I think I understand the idea behind the Macrium Reflect Backup Definition File. It saves backup settings so you don’t need to re-enter them. What I don’t get is how it’s supposed to be used over time. Right now I create a new one every time I do a full backup and then use it...