Windows 10: Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10?

Discus and support Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I had my Microsoft Office 2003 app on an earlier computer running XP there was a program called Money that I could use for personal finances, now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oldyeller38, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10?

When I had my Microsoft Office 2003 app on an earlier computer running XP there was a program called Money that I could use for personal finances, now I have the Office 2003 on this Windows 10 Pro machine, but no money app, why? Is it not compatible with the newer Win 10?

:)

oldyeller38, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Hootsmon Win User

Windows 10 is not compatible with MS Money 2002.

I have used MS Money 2002 since its' issue. Prior to the free upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit, the program has been compatible with every Windows version. Since the upgrade MS Money no longer functions, telling me it requires IE6. I have
    read and tried the various suggestions to overcome this problem, to no avail. I have now ditched Win 10 and gone back to Win 7. After having to edit much of my data in MS Money due to the temporary move, I am once again happily using a reliable MS Money program
    in Win 7. I am amazed that Microsoft have been unable to supply a patch to make their own program compatible. Any further suggestions?

Jimbo

Hootsmon, Jun 11, 2018
  3. LL-1023 Win User
    MS Money in Windows 10

I've been using MS Money 2005 and just bought a new computer with windows 10. I want to load MS Money Sunset, but it tells me that I need internet explorer 7. Do you suggest that I follow the steps you've outlined prior to installing MS money in order
    for it to download? Ore their other steps I need to do?

LL-1023, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10?

1. Is MS Money no longer compatible with the newer Win 10? - Similar Threads - Money longer compatible

2. MS Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  3. MS Money

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Money: Ive been using very successfully MS Money in the UK for 20 years latterly say 10 years using USMoneyBizSunset version.I have two 'files' - a personal and business both of which until yesterday worked very well.However when I try to open the personal file I get the following...
  4. MS Money Sunset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Money Sunset: Dear, For some time now, MS Money Sunset takes 15 minutes to start working. The operation is very slow, taking up to 5 minutes to input a Banking or Credit Card entry. I already deleted all past releases and my file is only with data from 2022. What to do?...
  5. MS Money Sunset Win 10 unable to import ofx file

MS Money Sunset Win 10 unable to import ofx file: This is a new one for me, this just started today. I'm running a VM of Win 10 build 1903, MS Money Sunet. Up until today I've had no problem. Any ideas why I can't import an OFX file - I get "you cannot perform this operation right now. There is an online operation in...
  6. MS Money on Windows 10

MS Money on Windows 10: I have used Money for years and all working fine on 64 bit Windows 10 until today. The program will execute from 2 of my 3 files but not my largest most critical file which is 27.2 Mb. I read the regedit suggestion and tried a similar one I found online but it didn't help....
  7. Ms Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms Money: I had to reinstall Ms Money under Windows 10. Now Money won't open the back-up file. It Comes up with the following message: "Money cannot locate the Backup file or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file, or you do have the permission tp change it, or your...
  8. MS Money for windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Money for windows 10: I have purchased a new Surface . I have Money98 on my old PC. How do I download the new ms Money for Windows 10 to see how it works. Can I move the old files to the new program...
  9. MS Money and IE compatibility problem

in Browsers and Email
    MS Money and IE compatibility problem: I have used MS Money for years and, although I realise it's now discontinued, it meets my needs and has worked well up until the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. It now fails to start and states it requires IE 6 to work, although I'm sure that's an old error message. It has...
  10. WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003

WIN 10 Compatibility with MS Money 2003: Hi Folks: I am presently running WIN8.1x64 on a DELL desktop XPS8700, and am considering changing to the current version of WIN10. Last week, an overnight, auto upgrade/download to WIN10 was done on my machine; however, I did not agree to Legalize and reverted back to...