Windows 10: Is my computer being remote controlled?

Discus and support Is my computer being remote controlled? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by I need helpRW, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Is my computer being remote controlled?

I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6" on a bunch of other processes that looked like "8". When I ended the processes my computer acted weird, like the background turned black and then flashed back to normal, and microsoft edge restarted when I ended "7", but inside "7" were extensions I also had in my browser. I don't know if these processes are

:)

I need helpRW, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Zero Cool Win User

PC as remote control

Hey I have this TV next to my computer, and the remote control is lost. is there any way I could use my computer as a remote control? like bluetooth or infrared?

Zero Cool, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 4, 2024
  4. RuskinF Win User

Is my computer being remote controlled?

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Is my computer being remote controlled?

1. Is my computer being remote controlled? - Similar Threads - computer being remote

2. Is my computer being remote controlled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my computer being remote controlled?: I saw this process on my computer named "8". Just a raw process named "8", the process had the picture of a command prompt, when I opened it up with the arrow next to it I saw a bunch of other processes some of which I recognized. There were multiple numbers like "7" and "6"...
  3. My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program: I was downloading games from the internet. I tried to open one of the games, and it did not work. It was some sort of .bat file supposed to manually download the game. Now that I come to think of it, it was clearly very dumb.A couple of weeks later I get a pop up, an...
  4. My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program

My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program: I was downloading games from the internet. I tried to open one of the games, and it did not work. It was some sort of .bat file supposed to manually download the game. Now that I come to think of it, it was clearly very dumb.A couple of weeks later I get a pop up, an...
  5. My computer is being Remotely controlled by an external program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. remote control

remote control: how can I change administrator on my laptop and stop remote access to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-control/d542e390-733b-4389-835b-cb802adb532a
  7. Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer

Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer: So, earlier some person I know ended falling in a scam and gave other people access to him computer remotely. I tried to find the app they were using to do this, but they always closed the the tabs and were trying even to stop me from turning the computer off. Because of that...
  8. Help. I think my computer being remotely accessed.

Help. I think my computer being remotely accessed.: I believe i've been hacked remotely by someone who has had access to my computer, Is there anyway to check so that i know for sure? The reason why I think this is because of all these devices being added onto my computer. i don't use VM ware. I don't know half of these...
  9. What drivers are being used for remote access to my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What drivers are being used for remote access to my computer?: A lot of them contain the name root and my ex has gotten into my network so trying to get him off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-drivers-are-being-used-for-remote-access-to/588d1735-c5e6-4264-ab39-a650fa5e0a7d
  10. My computer is being reconfigured remotely

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is being reconfigured remotely: My computer keeps being invaded and reconfigured. My Admin permissions have been altered to deny me access to my own system. I am unable to admin log into my own router. How can I retake control of my computer?...