Windows 10: Is My CPU To Hot?

Discus and support Is My CPU To Hot? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz Mainboard Model: ASUS P8H67-M PRO BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. version 1104 AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hollett, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Hollett Win User

Is My CPU To Hot?

specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz
    Mainboard Model: ASUS P8H67-M PRO
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. version 1104
    AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
    Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 17134)

I just recently bought my nephews desktop computer (see above specs). A couple days ago I turned it on and it gave a CPU fan error. Ever since I been using SpeedFan to monitor the temperatures. My CPU temperature is constanly up into the 88-90C range even when I'm not doing anything. And the CPU Fan spped is listed at 645 RPM.

According to Speedfan I don't have any other Fans running but there are two case fans running all the time, one on the back and one on top.

Here are all the temperatures listed by Speedfan at the time of this writing:

System 30C
    CPU 89C
    AUX 90C
    SMIOT4 30C
    SMIOT4 30C
    SMIOT4 30C
    HD1 36C
    HD0 32C
    GPU 40C

Oddly, the only time the temperature seems to come down is when I'm doing something to push up the CPU load and then the fan starts spinning a little bit faster bringing the CPU temperature down. So my system starts out hot and cools down the more I use it, which seems strangly odd somhow.

So is there anything wrong with my system here that I should be concerned about? Do you think I need to replace the CPU fan? Or is there a BIOS setting to speed up the fan?

:)

Hollett, Aug 10, 2018

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 10, 2018
  3. JaYp146 Win User
    [FS][US] CPU, NForce4 skt 754 motherboard (with PCI-express slot, rare!), DDR RAM

bump, CPU's stepping is now listed.

JaYp146, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Is My CPU To Hot?

CPU Goes up to 100% and pc gets really hot

Hi ,I have lapton Asus x550cl and recently my pc started lagging. Laptop is ~1year old
    The fan sounds really loud ,pc get's really hot can't really do anything it's too slow, when i unplug my charger then pc lags so hard that it is almost unusable
    Any suggestions?
    Here some screenshots

Is My CPU To Hot? [​IMG]

Is My CPU To Hot? [​IMG]

Is My CPU To Hot? [​IMG]

Sorry for my bad English.

Navmanniks, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Is My CPU To Hot?

1. Is My CPU To Hot? - Similar Threads - CPU Hot

2. [Windows 11 Home 23H2] CPU getting very hot when scanning with Defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 11 Home 23H2] CPU getting very hot when scanning with Defender.: I have a Ryzen 9 3900x and use a Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT AIO cooler. Even when I set the fans to constant 100% and set the pump to Extreme, whenever I perform ANY scan on Defender my CPU is pushing 90 degrees, and all cores/threads are at a constant 100% usage! I can...
  3. [Windows 11 Home 23H2] CPU getting very hot when scanning with Defender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Windows 11 Home 23H2] CPU getting very hot when scanning with Defender.: I have a Ryzen 9 3900x and use a Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT AIO cooler. Even when I set the fans to constant 100% and set the pump to Extreme, whenever I perform ANY scan on Defender my CPU is pushing 90 degrees, and all cores/threads are at a constant 100% usage! I can...
  4. My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.: My computer is the AUSU ROG Zeyphyrus M16 gaming laptop and the CPU seems to be running hot even after doing some cleaning and self diagnostics. I've even gotten new thermal paste applied as it did needed it. I checked to see if all my drivers are up to date and it is.My GPU...
  5. My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.

My CPU is running hot but my GPU is not, what's going on.: My computer is the AUSU ROG Zeyphyrus M16 gaming laptop and the CPU seems to be running hot even after doing some cleaning and self diagnostics. I've even gotten new thermal paste applied as it did needed it. I checked to see if all my drivers are up to date and it is.My GPU...
  6. Cpu hot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu hot: Hey,I have msi g65 thin 10UE and today I opened it and was trying to install something and I did but after I installed it my cpu became too hot without doing any tasks and the fans are running like crazy. I thought it was a virus so I did a virus and malware scans using...
  7. Cpu hot

Cpu hot: Hey,I have msi g65 thin 10UE and today I opened it and was trying to install something and I did but after I installed it my cpu became too hot without doing any tasks and the fans are running like crazy. I thought it was a virus so I did a virus and malware scans using...
  8. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot: So my new gaming laptop, when the cpu temp reach 70- 80 degree celcius, the fan still silent at about 3000 rpm. until it gets like 90 almost 100 and then it started to run at full speedaround 5000-6000 rpm. it's kinda scary for me, while in normal usenot game the temp is...
  9. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot: So my new gaming laptop, when the cpu temp reach 70- 80 degree celcius, the fan still silent at about 3000 rpm. until it gets like 90 almost 100 and then it started to run at full speedaround 5000-6000 rpm. it's kinda scary for me, while in normal usenot game the temp is...
  10. My laptop fan is too slowsilent while my cpu already so burning hot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging