Windows 10: Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

Discus and support Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been rammaging through the internet for a good PC to start gaming on. Has anyone heard of the CYBERPOWERPC BattleBox Ultimate SLC8600A PC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Techborg101, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

I have been rammaging through the internet for a good PC to start gaming on. Has anyone heard of the CYBERPOWERPC BattleBox Ultimate SLC8600A PC? Admittedly, I do own the PC after visiting with a friend that owns it. From the few hours I've been using it, it feels like a solid rig. But my experience with computers is limited so I don't exactly know what I'm looking for. I just know the price tag is not exactly friendly and I would want to know whether this pre-built system is better or worse than a built system. Would I have found a cheaper value gaming PC for the money. I got it for roughly $4,000.I've seen a couple of reviews online and an unboxing video on YouTube, but I would like to know if there's anyone here who's used it. P/s I have no benchmarks for this PC yet.

P/S I might have posted on the wrong forum, I'm not entirely sure. Still new here.
    Thanks in Advance.

Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-BattleBox-Ultimate-SLC8600A-i7-7700K/dp/B06XGXDXZF
    Online review: CYBERPOWERPC BattleBox Ultimate SLC8600A Gaming PC Review

:)

Techborg101, Mar 18, 2018

2. Is there a better Windows 10 phone than my Nokia Lumia 950-XL that I can buy unlocked?

No it was not faulty, it was a common problem. They did release an update and fixed (sort of) some affected models but I still used a lot of battery power and found the Mugen Extended battery solved my power all day issue.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 18, 2018
  3. 93tid Win User
    Is there a better Windows 10 phone than my Nokia Lumia 950-XL that I can buy unlocked?

HP Elite X3

93tid, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

Hardware vise it's a good PC. It got all you need for current gaming needs.

I am not quite sure about the $4000 price tag though...sounds a bit overpriced to me (someone with more experience and up to date price knowledge should verify this).

But then again, it's a complete plug and play setup, with everything important included except for a monitor.

That PC is a great looking gaming rig.

slicendice, Mar 18, 2018
  5. There are some out there that start at $4000.00

Desktops by Digital Storm

Josey Wales, Mar 18, 2018
  6. Did you even bother to check out the specs of the OPs system? It's no way near what the Digital Storms 4k machine. That one actually has Quad GPU, and the OPs computer does only have one GPU. With todays GPU prices the 4 GPUs alone could make the 4k price tag.

OK, I was wrong...the basic model has nothing interesting on the Digital Storm computers, and the prices are ridiculous. I would never pay such price for a PC with that hardware.

slicendice, Mar 18, 2018
  7. Neither would I, I read up on them and the way that they are built would make it hard for a user to get at the Motherboard. CyberPowePC's are far more affordable as well as Alienware.*Wink

Josey Wales, Mar 18, 2018
  8. Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

I'm a HUGE proponent of building the system myself. I prefer to have total control, down to brand of the components, etc. If you shop around, you can get better pricing, and the learning aspect of building the computer will have you never looking at a pre-built one again.

DeaconFrost, Mar 18, 2018
  9. bobkn Win User
    Your first link is messed up. You concatenated the review to the Amazon link. The "online review" isn't a review; it reads like a press release.

$4k is a bit high for such a system. A quick check suggests that the parts cost of such a system (at retail) would be closer to $3k. I suggest doing a more careful parts list, if you are able to do that.

I wonder whether anyone sells a system that includes a 1080ti without the "gamer's system" premium? Seems unlikely.

If you're comfortable paying extra for a packaged system, go for it.

bobkn, Mar 18, 2018
  10. Yes, this is what I was thinking too. But since I don't shop for dollar priced items, it was a bit tricky for me.

Similar prebuilt system cost about 3200€ in Finland and that suggests about a $3000 price tag in the US markets.

slicendice, Mar 18, 2018
  11. Thanks for your response. I also thought it was a bit overpriced. Here is the link
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGXDXZF...iglink26044-20

Techborg101, Mar 26, 2018
  12. What pther options do I have for $3000? I'm not exactly sure of how to get the best parts and most especially assembling them

Techborg101, Mar 26, 2018
  13. CountMike New Member

Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

There's no list of most crucial parts, make and model of MB and PSU, also suspiciously missing an SSD with only mediocre HDD and for 4000 bucks ? Although it has liquid cooling it looks like very basic one, not better than most air coolers.

CountMike, Mar 26, 2018
  14. Cr00zng Win User
    The Amazon link does list a 240GBs SSD, without specifying the interface. My guess, it's probably SATA III. Otherwise, the listing would state "240GB PCIe x4 NVMe", or something similar.

But I agree, the Noctua air coolers are probably as good, if not better most of the times than the liquid cooling in the CyberPowerPC...

The total price for the components listed is 2,500 - 3,000 bucks, if one would want to build this system, where the most expensive item is the video card, about 1,000 bucks. The system does not include a monitor, that's left up to buyer to get one. This should be a careful selection, since the system is probably capable of producing high frame rates per seconds. Selecting a "run of the mill" monitor may limit the frame rate displayed, regardless what the system is capable to do:

Frame Rate (FPS) vs Refresh Rate (Hz) - AVADirect

Over all, the CyberPower PC is probably a fast system and if you have the funds, go for it. Just unpack and fire the system up...

Cr00zng, Mar 26, 2018
  15. essenbe Win User
    Maybe I missed it, but I do not see specifics. What Motherboard (brand and model) does it come with, which brand, frequency and model ram (and why do you need 32 GB), which Brand, model, size Power supply, which brand SSD? You would have to know all those answers to be able to compare it's real value.

Having said that, generally it seems to be a capable computer, but personally I think it is way overpriced. I have to believe that most of the people responding to this thread could build you as good, and probably better PC for much less money. Just my 2 cents.

I also agree with @DeaconFrost. I have lost track of how many PCs I have built in my time, but the one I will never forget is my first one. After that, I have never even considered buying a prebuilt again.

essenbe, Mar 26, 2018
Thema:

Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

1. Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build? - Similar Threads - CyberPowerPC better worse

2. is cortana better than alexa

in Cortana
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  3. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  4. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  6. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  7. Worse than expected gaming performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Worse than expected gaming performance: Hey. Less than a month ago I was updating my graphics drivers. That time was a little weird though, my screens kept flashing more times than usual, they usually only flicker 2-3 times and then stop, but they flickered like 8 times then I got a windows popup saying some...
  8. Windows 10 build 2004 is a lot worse than 1709?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 build 2004 is a lot worse than 1709?: So my laptop has had awful battery life and performance after like 2 years of use. I thought: maybe it's time for a clean install of Windows 10 (with the latest drivers from Dell). Didn't help. Had a usb with 1709, tried that and... it performs like it did when I got it. Is...
  9. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE ?: From FIRST INSTALLTION of any particular version of Windows, or other amenable operating system, use AOMEI Partition Assistant to copy the Partition, or Migrate the Operating System, to another drive. If, at some future occasion, your system acquires mysterious problems that...
  10. Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?: Hi, My laptop specs are: Intel Core i7-8565U 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050 GPU Are these specs better or worse for gaming than the Xbox one s? Thanks...