Windows 10: Is my Hard disk is usable

Discus and support Is my Hard disk is usable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My hard disk recently got corrupted either because of virus/hard disk failure and I had to take the help of professional for recovering my data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam9, Jun 28, 2018.

1. sam9 Win User

Is my Hard disk is usable

My hard disk recently got corrupted either because of virus/hard disk failure and I had to take the help of professional for recovering my data (luckily I had back up of my system image) but hard disk was not getting detected even in macrium. I have now formatted my hard disk but I want to know whether this hard disk is usable or I should call it scrap. I am attaching the crystaldiskinfo details of this hard disk.
    Is my Hard disk is usable [​IMG]

Is my Hard disk is usable [​IMG]

:)

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 28, 2018
  3. tomcatv1 Win User
    Making a hard drive usable

I have a new hard drive I'd like to use for back ups but Windows 10 doesn't recognize the drive as usable as a viable drive for backups. The drive is seen by the computer just not usable for back ups. Any suggests?

Thanks,

Rodeheaver

tomcatv1, Jun 28, 2018
  4. FX-GMC Win User

2 of my internal hard drives, not been reconized!!

Try using diskpart to convert one of the drives to basic disk

Code: diskpart list disk (verify this with disk manager to make sure the drive numbers haven't changed. The two disks you are trying to clean should have a * in the Dyn column) select disk # (#= the disk number) convert basic clean create partition primary select part 1 format fs=ntfs quick[/quote]

FX-GMC, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Is my Hard disk is usable - Similar Threads - Hard disk usable

2. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Dear All,Recently I reinstalled my windows 11 after crashing. I had two hard disks. One is SDD which is working fine. But another hard disk is failing to initialize. I tried to initialize it, but it showed the message "a device which does not exist was specified." It would be...
  3. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard disk: Hello everyone?I don't know why my 2-nd hard disk not showing up after I updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.It doesn't show up even in disk management, computer management, cmd diskpart, and I tried in BIOS but I didn't fix it. I would like an answer as soon as...
  4. Hard disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard disk: Hello everyone?I don't know why my 2-nd hard disk not showing up after I updated my computer from Windows 10 to 11.It doesn't show up even in disk management, computer management, cmd diskpart, and I tried in BIOS but I didn't fix it. I would like an answer as soon as...
  5. Is my hard disk bootable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard disk bootable?: Hello I wanted to set up my computer again and have made my hard disk bootable via the Mediacreationtool at least it should be bootable but I can not boot from the hard disk I have a relatively old pc and therefore an old Bios and find the hard disk not I can insert a few...
  6. Windows 10 - Hard Drive Not Usable

Windows 10 - Hard Drive Not Usable: I put in a 4TB WD Black in my system. It is detected in device manager however not in file explorer. How can I view this disk in file explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hard-drive-not-usable/545b017e-70b3-4d49-894f-c334ab663d34
  7. My Hard Disk Crashed !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hard Disk Crashed !: My Hard Disk has Crashed so if i replace hard disk, would i be able to use the same keys of windows 10 & office which i was using earliear ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-crashed/4fea347e-e1c4-4932-aeef-a83d8cb5031a
  8. Recovering my hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering my hard disk: When creating a USB windows install disk, I confuse my hard disk to mu USB stick and I lost all my data. I have already used Womdersahe recoverit, and easus data recovery. Each has performed recovery, but no file is openable. Can someone help me please?...
  9. Is my hard disk slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is my hard disk slow?: my disk is 5400rpm [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-hard-disk-slow/c70b5c37-e612-4b0a-80f4-884011969e43"
  10. No hard disk????

No hard disk????: So, there are many desktops not working in my school, but this is a weird one I'm talking about. It says on the screen: "Alert! No Hard disk" It's the second time it has happened. Is this a malfunction or not?...