Windows 10: Is my scanner/printer just too old?

Discus and support Is my scanner/printer just too old? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The device in question is a scanner/printer by Epson, the Stylus NX415. I bought it in March, 2010 and originally used it on my Win 7 laptop. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silverwolf73, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Is my scanner/printer just too old?

The device in question is a scanner/printer by Epson, the Stylus NX415. I bought it in March, 2010 and originally used it on my Win 7 laptop. I just bought a tower with Win 10 on it and am in dire need of a driver. I've already scoured Epson's site, but they have everything except drivers. I see links to driver download sites on Google, but I don't want to infect my new computer with malware from some dodgy site. *sarc

Is there anywhere reputable that a driver for my trusty old printer/scanner can be obtained for Win 10, or am I SOL?

Thank you.

:)

silverwolf73, Feb 17, 2017
  2. Liesl W Win User

Programs and "all apps" missing from Start menu Windows 10

I too had the same problem. Under the Apps I found that my scanner was just listed as "HP Smart" doesn't say scanner or printer or give any indication. That's where I found my scanner/printer app. I'm not happy at all with windows 10 date.

Liesl W, Feb 17, 2017
  3. Programs and "all apps" missing from Start menu Windows 10

Thanks, Agree, not happy with new 10

CranbrookZJ, Feb 17, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Is my scanner/printer just too old?

spunk, Feb 17, 2017
  5. I've been all over that page. They don't offer driver downloads as far as I can see. All they do is tell you to update older drivers already installed. The last drivers I had were for Win 7, so I doubt they'll work on a 10.

Thank you.

6. spunk Win User
    The link in post # 2 takes you directly to the download link for the printer?

spunk, Feb 17, 2017
  7. No. Just to a FAQ page. Unless I'm missing something, there's no download link on that page.

8. spunk Win User

Click the Downloads Tab at the top. 3 Downloads appear with a big Blue Download button on the right

spunk, Feb 17, 2017
  9. I don't see a Downloads tab anywhere on the page. Sorry.

Is my scanner/printer just too old? [​IMG]

10. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Feb 17, 2017
  11. That's the same page. *Sad

Thanks anyway.

12. f14tomcat Win User
    I just clicked the big blue button and it downloaded.
    @silverwolf73, you have to click the "+" next to "Recommended for you" to see the Download button.....

f14tomcat, Feb 17, 2017
  13. spunk Win User

spunk, Feb 17, 2017
  14. I finally got it to load! I had to use Edge instead of Pale Moon to get the page to render correctly.

Thanks for your help.

15. f14tomcat Win User
    @silverwolf73, Glad you got it. Hope that driver fixes your problem. Let us know.

Have a good weekend.... TC

f14tomcat, Feb 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Is my scanner/printer just too old? - Similar Threads - scanner printer too

2. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  3. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  4. Scanner to Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner to Printer: Hello, I have scanned an instruction sheep which is 6" X 4", and I would like to print it as an A4 size, making the instruction lettering larger, I have poor eyesight and cannot read the instructions properly, Is there a way to do this please, I woud appreciate any help yo...
  5. Printer/Scanner

Printer/Scanner: Why doesn't my computer running Windows 10 recognise my Canon MG5350 Printer/Scanner. Any help appreciated. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/30d13de0-b95e-406b-a500-07c253d655e4
  6. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I cant scan from my printer/scanner into my computer although the printer is connected correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printerscanner/fcb77770-4348-46c3-8aee-98f60600fbd8
  7. printer/scanner

printer/scanner: I have a Brother MFC multifunctional printer when I go into it now I cant select the scanning option well it is not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printerscanner/17414f47-8f6c-4f26-baa8-df3bc61b1830
  8. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  9. Printer/scanner

Printer/scanner: I have an epson XP-610 printer and scanner. I have the printer connected to my new laptop, but when I try to scan it says the scanner is not connected. I am using Windows 10 can you help?...
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355