Windows 10: Is Recuva safe to use?

Discus and support Is Recuva safe to use? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Last year CCleaner contained malicious code and users were told to restore from a backup and update to the latest version CCleaner. I've tried my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by srosemond, Feb 9, 2018.

1. srosemond Win User

Is Recuva safe to use?

Last year CCleaner contained malicious code and users were told to restore from a backup and update to the latest version CCleaner.

I've tried my best to research this issue, and so far haven't found any articles, but is Recuva safe? I'm assuming when the malicious code was discovered and removed, Piriform most likely verified that their other products were clean and safe to download and use, they just haven't said anything. I looked at their blog and it only mentions the security issue concerning CCleaner, but nothing about Recuva.

Before downloading and using Recuva, I wanted to double check.

:)

srosemond, Feb 9, 2018

2. Pictures DISAPPEARED after update....heeellllpppp

Use Recuva:

Recuva - Free Download

Follow up with the purchase of a few inexpensive 8GB-64GB USB sticks where you put offline/local copies of such things in a safe or at a family members house for safe keeping.

Shenan Stanley, Feb 9, 2018
  3. RDrewD2 Win User
    Reset computer to factory default , photos n docs got deleted also

There are a few to choose from, Recuva is the current favorite.
    Can be safely downloaded here:

Download Recuva | Recover deleted files, free!

Here are tutorials on how to use it:

recuva - YouTube

A few years ago, my HD crashed and I lost everything too; that's what it took for me to learn that running file backups and system images to an external drive is absolutely mandatory for any computer user.
    Frederik Long
    is right; go grab an external drive asap, back up to that, and you'll be immune to this in the future.

RDrewD2, Feb 9, 2018
  4. axe0 New Member

Is Recuva safe to use?

Hi srosemond,
    Welcome to 10Forums *Smile
    Since Piriform mentions only Ccleaner, you can safely assume any other products are safe.

axe0, Feb 9, 2018
Thema:

Is Recuva safe to use?

1. Is Recuva safe to use? - Similar Threads - Recuva safe

2. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re RECUVA: Hi, anyone familiar with Recuva software app? Was scanning for deleted files in Recycle bin - Whilst running I got a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it; saying" failed to scan the following drives \\\HarddiskVolume2 Unable to determine file...
  3. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re RECUVA: Hi, anyone familiar with Recuva software app? Was scanning for deleted files in Recycle bin - Whilst running I got a box up with a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside it; saying" failed to scan the following drives \\\HarddiskVolume2 Unable to determine file...
  4. Re RECUVA

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?

in Browsers and Email
    Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?: I made a previous thread but it got real messy and confusing, I don't think a lot of people would bother reading it at this point. In simple, with my windows 8.1 computer was fine but wasn't getting internet even though other PCs on router were. I tried some basic network...
  6. Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are these crashed drive Recuva-recovered Chrome bookmarks usable?: I made a previous thread but it got real messy and confusing, I don't think a lot of people would bother reading it at this point. In simple, with my windows 8.1 computer was fine but wasn't getting internet even though other PCs on router were. I tried some basic network...
  7. cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cipher /w:c:\ runs but Recuva finds hundreds of files to recover.: I can run the command line cipher /w:c:\ just fine. Then when I run the Recuva program, hundreds of files are displayed, most of whom can be recovered, not what I expect to see. Any suggestions anyone?...
  8. Advice on recuva and selling hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice on recuva and selling hard drive: I have just sold a laptop for a good price and had intended to replace the hard drive with a new one before sale. However I can't get the hard drive cover off as there are a couple of deeply embedded screws with broken threads, so decided to leave the drive in and wipe it a...
  9. Used Piriform Recuva, files corrupted.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Used Piriform Recuva, files corrupted.: Hello all, I used Piriform Recuva, and it reported that it has “successfully” recovered files. When I try to open the .docx files in Microsoft Word, work reports that they are corrupted. PDFs and Excel docs are also corrupted. Any help is appreciated!...
  10. Windows desktop everything dissapeared. No restore back up, progs like recuva find nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows desktop everything dissapeared. No restore back up, progs like recuva find nothing: I think its all gone but had to ask. Is there any tricky way to recover missing desktop files. I think, although i'm not sure a windows update happened after iwent to sleep. I woke up to a message "recycle bin corrupt something something" And it didnt occur to me but at some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is recuva safe

2. is recuva safe to use

3. ccleaner recuva is it safe

4. Is Recuva safe?,
  5. recuva safe ,
  6. is recuva secure,
  7. is recuva safe to download,
  8. recuva software safe,
  9. is a software Recuva safe to restore my files,
  10. is recuva ccleaner safe,
  11. is the use of recuvar safe,