Windows 10: Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue

Discus and support Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Hope this is in the right area. I am running Windows 10 insider release (I know brave and stupid),,, which has Hyper-V 10.0.17728.1000 installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrew Perkin, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue

Hi,

Hope this is in the right area. I am running Windows 10 insider release (I know brave and stupid),,, which has Hyper-V 10.0.17728.1000 installed.

When I try to open a VM I get a connection failed message and the VM appears in a tiny scroll box bounded area (which isn't resizable) at top left of screen.

Scrolling around I can get to logon but in order to get to a full desktop, have to turn of enhanced session, then logon again and ignore a could not connect to the virtual machine message to get to the desktop.

This happens for an older Windows 201 R2 VM, and a brand new Windows 2016 one I used to see if it was the older OS that caused the issue.

I am running two monitors, one of which is 4K so I thought lets make sure RemoteFX is installed and found this

So whats the alternative if Remote-FX no longer supported.. and this is a pretty significant change that I cannot find any referenecto so far..

Any help/clues would be very welcome... as whilst after going through several hoops I can use Hyper-V - VMWare workstation is now looking very attractive..

Andrew

:)

Andrew Perkin, Aug 6, 2018

2. Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Hyper-V Manager Unable to Connect to Remote Servers in Windows 10

I recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Enterprise to Win 10 Enterprise. I had Hyper-V Manager installed to connect to a few Hyper-V hosts running on Windows 8.x. After the upgrade on my machine, I can no longer connect to the remote Hyper-V hosts.

• All Machines are part of the same domain.
    • This worked prior to the upgrade.
    • Verified that all the Remote Administration and WinRM features were enabled in the firewall post upgrade.
    Here's the error I receive:

Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue b2413319-11d2-44d9-b88d-c1407544b9e3.jpg

I've googled this a bit and tried a suggestion about running winrm quickconfig. That ran through it's process but did not resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated! I need to get access to manage these hosts through the Hyper-V MMC.

Thanks in Advance,

Doug

dstewart1829, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue

1. Is removal of Hyper-V Remote FX the cause fo strange Hyper-V connection issue - Similar Threads - removal Hyper Remote

2. Hyper-V causing network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V causing network issues: Ok so I have a really specific issue that I couldn't seem to find a solution for. There is a bit of background so bear with me. I just built a new PC about a month ago and install Windows 10 pro on it. I connected my PC to the internet via ethernet connection. A couple of...
  3. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  4. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  5. Hyper-V installation causes boot failure

Hyper-V installation causes boot failure: Hello all. James here. I'm trying to setup Hyper-V, using Kari's tutorial. After I select the modules, Windows installs them and asks for a reboot. I oblige and then the system loops. I have tried three times and have had to restore all three times. I have enabled Intel...
  6. Hyper-V Connection Lost

Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  7. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  8. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  9. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...