Windows 10: Is Sanddisk worth the extra $ ?

Discus and support Is Sanddisk worth the extra $ ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; No idea where to post this. I am on budget spending. So, I'd like to know if it is worth paying more for a Sandisk flash drive vs cheaper make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Feb 27, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

Is Sanddisk worth the extra $ ?

No idea where to post this.

I am on budget spending.
    So, I'd like to know if it is worth paying more for a Sandisk flash drive vs cheaper make such as Lexor, Onn etc.
    The difference of $ ranges from $7 to more for buying a Sandisk.
    Thank you.

Adding............ what do I use it for ?
    General usage, such as personal files, iso files, that sort of thing.

:)

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016

2. sand disk micro sd will not work in my phone and what is fat that keeps comeing up

sanddisk micro sd will not work in my phone and what is fat that keeps comeing up why

traceykane, Feb 27, 2016
  3. Memory cards for N8

Class 10 is a bit overkill for a mobile phone, you won't get the benefit of the extra speed it offers. If the class 10 is the same price as a class 4 or 6 then it's worth considering but it's not worth paying extra for.

psychomania---01, Feb 27, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

I have a box full of flash drives - some are also Sandisk and Lexor. I never noticed a difference.

5. b1rd Win User
    Ditto.

I almost always buy the cheaper stuff (flashes that is) and never had any real issues. However, I do have a couple of better ones for some of the more important data.

6. davidhk Win User
    OK. Thank you to both.

davidhk, Feb 27, 2016
  7. caperjack Win User
    I purchase Sandisk micro sd cards for my Raspberry Pi, because they are better than the cheaper ones ,in my ever so humble opinion ..speed being the biggest reason, as for flash/thumbdrives I buy just for some non important storage ,I buy any one on sale

caperjack, Feb 27, 2016
  8. Datapod Win User

In addition to what others have correctly stated I would add, make sure you're buying them from reputable sources. New egg, Amazon (directly, not Amazon resellers) Crucial etc.... Stories are abound of flash memory, drives and such from eBay and less reputable sources (stuff from China is especially prevalent) That are of lower capacity, quality yet look like the real deal.

An example of a Western Digital "hard drive" from China.

Is Sanddisk worth the extra $ ? [​IMG]

Datapod, Feb 27, 2016
  9. MrWhoopee Win User
    I buy Sandisk Extreme flash drives when speed is important. I use them for restoring drive images and running Windows installers, anywhere time is important and there's a lot of data to transfer. Otherwise, Lexar, Kingston, PNY, they all work fine. As stated before, beware of fakes off eBay and Amazon.

MrWhoopee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is Sanddisk worth the extra $ ? - Similar Threads - Sanddisk worth extra

2. Graphics tablet (is it worth it)?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics tablet (is it worth it)?: For 45€ you can get the https://www.amazon.de/GAOMON-Tablett-Express-Druckstufen-Batterie/dp/B07R49KYCF/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=grafiktablett&qid=1594546229&s=computers&sr=1-3 or should I get it for 199€...
  3. this program is worth it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    this program is worth it?: so I'm getting e-mails about System Mechanic Pro® for $39,95 a year and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if the software is worth it to have it or use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-program-is-worth-it/d96d5496-d38a-481f-be7d-1aa6342e2207
  4. Malwarebytes - worth it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes - worth it?: I am just wondering whetehr or not to put Malwarebytes onto the machine as an addon and what I would like to konw is it necessary and also still have a free version as I cannot find one in a search with Edge. 148991
  5. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  6. Usb to vga worth it?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Usb to vga worth it?: I have an old Gigabyte GA-A75M-UD2 motherboard in a slim line pc and it is no longer outputting video signal. How do I go about resolving this issue? Can I just buy a usb to vga adaptor? It doesn’t have to be powerful as it’s only to display a program on a touch screen...
  7. PerfectDisk Worth It for SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PerfectDisk Worth It for SSD?: With Windows 10 I am moving to use SSD exclusively in my machines with the exception for my media drive. Up until now I have used PerfectDisk to help defrag mechanical drives and optimize SSD. I'm curious though, now that I am going to SSD fully, is it worth using this...
  8. SSD worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD worth it?: I've had most types of hardware over the years but never had an SSD. Considering changing over now but unsure if worth the cost. Would be going with a 1 TB drive, either Samsung, Mushkin, or SanDisk. I have various software that should be able to do the move already so that...
  9. W10 Worth it?

W10 Worth it?: I'm thinking about downloading the beta version of W10 but I'm not sure if it would be worth the time or effort. How does it run? Is it too buggy to be worthwhile? If I do decide to DL it, would you recommend that I install it over my current OS (W8.1) or dual boot?...
  10. Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?

Is the 1511 upgrade worth it?: I have Windows 10 Home version. It continually fails to install the 1511 upgrade. I have already spent lots of time on this and am concerned that successfully upgrading will require an inordinate amount of time and effort. An HP support person told me that it is not...