Windows 10: Is somewhere available Windows 10 1607 ISO to download?

Discus and support Is somewhere available Windows 10 1607 ISO to download? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My brother's Dell Inspiron 1545 lost wifi ability after CU upgrade, tried everything to get it work but no result. I think it vould be get back again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pirix, Jul 13, 2017.

1. pirix Win User

Is somewhere available Windows 10 1607 ISO to download?

My brother's Dell Inspiron 1545 lost wifi ability after CU upgrade, tried everything to get it work but no result. I think it vould be get back again by installing the 1607. Is that possible?

:)

pirix, Jul 13, 2017

2. Creators update: Can't go back to an earlier build

Your only way to go back if its more than 10 days, is to source a copy of the Windows 10 1607 or earlier ISO somewhere else. Microsoft no longer host older versions.

What exactly is the problem you are experiencing with the latest version?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 13, 2017
  3. Is there anyway to get windows free for development?

Hi,

The 90 Trial downloads are iso versions.

These are the available trials.

Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1607 | 64-bit ISO

Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1607 | 32-bit ISO

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 | 64-bit ISO

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 | 32-bit ISO

MSDN is Microsoft Developer Network. Their forums can help with programming and developer issues.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 13, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

You should have to download the 1607 ISO and do a clean install. Remember to only download the ISO from official Microsoft sites for best security.

Have you tried reinstalling the wifi driver, also have you considered doing a clean install of CU update which might fix the problem.

swarfega, Jul 13, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
  6. pirix Win User
    "Have you tried reinstalling the wifi driver, also have you considered doing a clean install of CU update which might fix the problem."

There is not driver for Windows 10 available. The CU install has done as clean. That's why cant't go back to AU. Next we are going to try a new wifi card and its wifi driver.

pirix, Jul 13, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    Whenever I am looking at buying new hardware, I always check their Windows 10 driver page first to make sure it's supported.

swarfega, Jul 13, 2017
  8. EdTittel Win User

You can use the tool at HeiDoc.net to download most Windows ISOs known to man: see Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool for a link to this magnificent and helpful way to access official ISO files directly (and only) from Microsoft.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 13, 2017
  9. pirix Win User
    Of course it must be checked, thanks!

pirix, Jul 13, 2017
  10. pirix Win User
    Thanks for the link!

pirix, Jul 13, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Is the Inspiron 1545 a Notebook/Laptop? As I recall some of the models I've seen also have an Ethernet port to plug into a Router or Modem. Also, Notebooks can have a small card in them that contain the Wi-Fi or like mine also have the Bluetooth wireless. And there are USB Wireless dongles available for Desktops and Notebooks if nothing else works.

Berton, Jul 13, 2017
  12. Bree New Member
  13. pirix Win User

Yippee, now I am much wiser than yesterday! Thanks to everyone for very good advises!

pirix, Jul 13, 2017
  14. EdTittel Win User
    For my part, and everyone else's part also I'm sure, you're very welcome. We're all here to pool our knowledge, and spare each other unnecessary suffering.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 14, 2017
  15. Try3 Win User
    Pirix,

1 This is what you need to do what you want Download Windows ISO for previous version - YourWindowsGuide - you use the normal MS download site but the link explains how to trick it into giving you the choice of ver 1703 or ver 1607 ISOs.

but

2 The Dell Inspiron 1545 with Dell Wireless WLAN 1397 Half Mini Card has always been a pig. If that is the same card that you are referring to then a simple driver installation should fix your problems. And Dell Support were no help at all.
    • Along with several other users I had to uninstall the Dell WiFi utility and revert the driver to the original default Windows 7 driver to get it to work. This was the subject of several threads in the MSAnswers user forum.
    • I deliberately tried again whenever Dell issued an updated Windows 7 driver but only that initial MS-installed one would work correctly.
    • The others all gave very poor reception that made it necessary to sit the computer on top of the router for it to receive anything at all.
    • I found a download for the good version of the driver and gave the necessary download link & an explanation in my 4th February 2015 post in Poor wireless signal Dell Inspiron 1564 laptop 1397 WLAN mini-card
    • This driver worked successfully in both Windows 7 & Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 1545 with Dell Wireless WLAN 1397 Half Mini Card.

and, just for info,

3 I eventually replaced the card with a faster one [ac standard] that also included Bluetooth.
    • I chose a Broadcom AzureWave BCM94352HMB. It cost £21.98 in November 2016. I am very happy with my choice.
    • Getting one that was also Bluetooth was just to allow me to get a mouse that did not use up a USB connection.
    • I downloaded the driver from Dell Broadcom BCM4352 Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Driver. {I also downloaded directly from Broadcom at the time but they now say to just use Windows update & they do not post a direct download of their own. Both the Dell-sourced driver & the Broadcom-sourced one were the same version anyway.}
    • I also considered these combined WiFi & Bluetooth cards at the time - {WiFi ac} Intel Network 7260 £29.99 and {WiFi N} Atheros AR5B225 £7.68, Intel 6230 £14.98, Intel 5100 £5.98, StarTech N-card £11.41.
    • It is essential to get a card that fits the connection & the physical layout inside your computer. You cannot just pick any WiFi card [unless you are content to get a USB WiFi dongle]. All the ones I have listed are the right fit.
    • Personally, I would not consider anything other than an ac-standard WiFi adapter & they are now commonplace.
    • All prices mentioned were those I found on Amazon UK in November 2016 and I have included the links to the Amazon product pages I studied at the time so you can see descriptions of them together with user reviews.

Denis

Thema:

1. Is somewhere available Windows 10 1607 ISO to download? - Similar Threads - somewhere available 1607

2. Download Windows 10 1607

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Windows 10 1607: Dear Microsoft: I need to download Windows 10 1607 for my coursework. However, I cannot find any official resources to get the iso file. Can you tell me where I can download it from Microsoft?Thanks....
  3. Download Windows 10 1607

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Windows 10 1607: Dear Microsoft: I need to download Windows 10 1607 for my coursework. However, I cannot find any official resources to get the iso file. Can you tell me where I can download it from Microsoft?Thanks....
  4. Download Windows 10 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Download Window 10 1607 v14393 iso

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Download Window 10 1607 v14393 iso: Although I had been searching for Window 10 1607 v14393 iso, I can't find any link to download. You guys plz show me the link to download Window 10 1607 v14393 iso. Thanks...
  6. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  7. Download 1nniversary update ISO 14393 1607

Download 1nniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  8. Windows 10 20H1 ISOs now available for download

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 ISOs now available for download: Microsoft is releasing the first official ISO images of Windows 10 20H1 feature update. Windows 10 20H1 is currently in the development stage with Microsoft already testing preview builds with Insiders in the Fast Ring. Windows 10 20H1 is expected to be the next big update...
  9. What version is the current 1607 iso download?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What version is the current 1607 iso download?: I am inquiring for a friend who had an unsuccessful update to the August 1607 version. After a very long session the update aborted and reverted to the previous version. I am suggesting he download an iso and manually install but I wondered if the iso included the follow up...
  10. Is MS ISO download 1607?

Is MS ISO download 1607?: MS 1607 update to my pre-1607 Win 10 have failed more than 10 times. Finally spent over 4 hours on the phone with MS level 1 and 2. Things are now even worse. Applications that have worked for a long time (including under Win 10) are failing. Including the OS telling me it is...