Windows 10: Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.

Discus and support Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am confused. How does the Recycle Bin become corrupted? Apparently this has been a long standing problem in Windows. So is this a system security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.

I am confused.
    How does the Recycle Bin become corrupted?
    Apparently this has been a long standing problem in Windows.
    So is this a system security weakness?
    An OS weakness?

Why does not Microsoft fix it the mandatory updates?
    The published fixes are long, complicated, and intricate.
    If Microsoft does not fix this for us, is there an easier fix?
    What are the implications of ignoring the dire warning?

:)

mikeincousa, Feb 8, 2017
  2. ScottK895 Win User

Windows 10 corrupted Recycle bin

These are the results when I try to clear recycle bin as following instructions above

C:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-18 - The directory is not empty.

How I keep the message from popping up that says recycle bin is corrupt?

Thank You

SCOTT

ScottK895, Feb 8, 2017
  3. jodad_sr. Win User
    after win10 upgrade, desktop pc, frozen on first page

Method #1 was very helpful. and I thank you for the fast response. 10 is up and running, but has a few problems .The program is working fine,except for the popup notice! that keeps coming up.

It said "(the Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive? YES or NO?)" I said YES..... It goes away, then it returns after i press a few keys. I sure could use your help on that pop up. Thanks

jodad_sr., Feb 8, 2017
  4. Winuser Win User

Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.

I have never had this notice popup on any of my computers. I would say that the file/folder is corrupted on your computer. I don't know if you could delete the folder and have windows rebuild it or not. I'm sure someone will see this thread and be able to help.

Winuser, Feb 8, 2017
  5. I've found, this most often happens when permissions are altered on the Recycle Bin's hidden folder structure, which ever drive it is on. To fix it, delete the recycle bin folders and it should go away. Windows will recreate them with proper permissions.

logicearth, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused.

1. Is the Corrupt Recycle Bin Pop Up Legitimate? I am very confused. - Similar Threads - Corrupt Recycle Bin

2. Corrupted Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Recycle Bin: Hello, it is me, again, so From some reason, somehow, my Recycle Bin on my Hard Disk D:\ drive got corrupted, and when I start my pc, try to open recycle bin, or delete any file, I get a message which says: the recycle bin on D:\ is corrupted do you want to empty Recycle Bin...
  3. Recycle bin corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recycle bin corrupted: Hello,I got an error message that my recycle bin on my D drive is corrupted.i tried to use cmd to delete the recycle bin folder but it says "the system cannot find the path specified." I also tried sfc /scannow but it didnt find anything....
  4. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up: I opened my laptop lid and it told be that my recycle bin was corrupted. It asked me if I wanted to delete all files in it, and since I only had one file for school I didn't need, I clicked yes. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Please reply soon....
  5. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up: I opened my laptop lid and it told be that my recycle bin was corrupted. It asked me if I wanted to delete all files in it, and since I only had one file for school I didn't need, I clicked yes. Is there anything I should be concerned about? Please reply soon....
  6. Recycle Bin Corrupted Pop-up

7. Recycle bin is corrupted

Recycle bin is corrupted: When I turn on my laptop it goes to a blue screen with the date and time. When I push “enter” it gives me the message:“Recycle bin is corrupted. Do you want to empty…? But I can’t click “yes” or “no” nothing happens. After 15 seconds or so it goes back to the blue screen. I...
  8. Recycle bin corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin corrupted: Hello I recently upgraded to an SSD and in the process of doing so I accidentally disabled my old hard drive in the BIOS. I was able to figure out the permissions and stuff to allow me access again but I got a few error messages saying that certain folders/files couldn't be...
  9. corrupted recycle bin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupted recycle bin: response to rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin is access denied. How do I delete recycle bin to fix corrupt problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-recycle/4388b107-bb28-413d-8578-6defd768932b
  10. Recycle bin is corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin is corrupted: I tried the method of rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd prompt but this is what happens: C:\WINDOWS\system32>rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.binC:\$Recycle.bin\S-1-5-~1\$R932BU1\3DMGAM~1.CRA\2016年全 部热门单机游戏及汉化下载.url - Access is denied....