Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?

Discus and support Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; People's request for transparency in Win 10 was answered: Modern Transparency for Windows 10 – Feature Suggestions for Windows But is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Delicieuxz Win User

Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  2. Stian Lund Win User

After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

After such a huge time, it's completely absurd Microsoft has not fixed this issue.

I even rolled back the CU because of this back in April, and decided to try again now guessing they would've changed most of the bugs, but apparently not... amazing.

I've tried sfc /scannow and toggling transparency settings, contrast settings, ClearType, uninstalling Classic Start Menu, nothing helped.

I have three monitors, and this happens on the TV connected through HDMI, running 1080p with 150% scaling. Changing scaling doesn't change anything either.

The *only* solution I've found is use Classic Start Menu to override it, by setting the Taskbar in CS options to "Transparent", and setting opacity to 85%. Then I get a slightly transparent taskbar without it being see-through.

This is a BUG and probably due to multi-monitor settings/DPI scaling or a combination of things.

Stian Lund, Apr 23, 2015
  3. Stian Lund Win User
    After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

I have the exact same problem, running on three monitors.

The taskbar on the primary is fine, the others are transparent. I've also seen the primary monitor taskbar be transparent.

I don't think it's related to settings, it's just a bug, possibly related to DPI scaling on multi-monitor setups.

I installed Creators Update manually because of the scaling improvements, everything is fine except for this, hope it will be fixed soon.

Stian Lund, Apr 23, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I did not even know that it existed.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    It doesn't.. you can't adjust the transparency level of the start menu.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  7. Delicieuxz Win User
    Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Sorry.. but I didn't see any adjustment in the settings for that. With this build(1`0061) you can turn it off and select a color but that's it so far.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  9. Delicieuxz Win User
    I meant it's a poor answer from MS to the community request, not your post explaining it to me, lol.

Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I understand.. I just wish I had a better answer to your question. It would be nice to adjust the level of the transparency .. IMO.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    At least I learned how to change the color of the Taskbar. Didn't like the dark grey, changed it to a medium blue.

Ztruker, Apr 24, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Well, that's cool.. And I got rid of the transparency.

BunnyJ, Apr 24, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Thanks Jeff, I did not think you could but was not sure.

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Honest question Gary.. it would be nice if you could but I doubt it's a thing that MS will add.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able? - Similar Threads - added Transparency setting

2. Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...
  3. Restore laptop factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore laptop factory settings: restore factory settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-laptop-factory-settings/3ce2106c-9dc8-4c6e-b2dc-d87236fffd06
  4. Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.

Windows 10 re-opening programs I manually closed and a major security/privacy flaw.: Hello everyone, hope you're doing okay! A couple months ago I started noticing a problem with my PC. I noticed that most of the times, when I shut it down (I always close all the programs running) and then turn it on again (instantly or hours after), all of my programs were...
  5. Windows10 Update "Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 Update "Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization": When Windows updates alerts me to available new Updates Ready to be installed....in Red I now see "Some settings are Managed by Your organization"...Please see attachment .... This began about 2 months ago following the creation of a new user Account. A Display issue was...
  6. HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Disk Usage Suddenly Goes Up to 100 and Comes Back (Re-Ask): Hi there, First of all, I have asked exactly the same question but didn't get an answer, but got some recommendations done and after some time I replied some of the solutions, but no response! I guess I have to ask AGAIN! I have an ASUS laptop with these specs: CPU:...
  7. Operating system has been crash after attempt too may bitlocker pin and we are not able to...

Operating system has been crash after attempt too may bitlocker pin and we are not able to...: Operating system has been crash after attempt too may bitlocker pin and we are not able to access C: drive from Automatic Repair while giving command to disable TPM from Command Prompt...
  8. how to reset task view to default settings?

how to reset task view to default settings?: my task view is changing to grid, how can i change it to default straight line again?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-reset-task-view-to-default-settings/0615e04f-f717-412c-8ac2-58172212340d
  9. windows settings in win-10

windows settings in win-10: Every time I open a new window or folder it always goes to the upper left corner of the screen. (0,0) How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-settings-in-win-10/e86b2c41-9c84-490c-b199-16cf4589aafd
  10. Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss

Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss: I tried to add a monitor (Benq GL2460) to my Lenovo Yoga 310 (Win10) but when I connect it (HDMI cable), I lose the fill screen display and can't access anything (i.e when I try to open an application or service it won't display on my laptop screen or added monitor). When I...