Windows 10: Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?

Discus and support Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; People's request for transparency in Win 10 was answered: Modern Transparency for Windows 10 – Feature Suggestions for Windows But is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?

Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015

2. After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

After such a huge time, it's completely absurd Microsoft has not fixed this issue.

I even rolled back the CU because of this back in April, and decided to try again now guessing they would've changed most of the bugs, but apparently not... amazing.

I've tried sfc /scannow and toggling transparency settings, contrast settings, ClearType, uninstalling Classic Start Menu, nothing helped.

I have three monitors, and this happens on the TV connected through HDMI, running 1080p with 150% scaling. Changing scaling doesn't change anything either.

The *only* solution I've found is use Classic Start Menu to override it, by setting the Taskbar in CS options to "Transparent", and setting opacity to 85%. Then I get a slightly transparent taskbar without it being see-through.

This is a BUG and probably due to multi-monitor settings/DPI scaling or a combination of things.

Stian Lund, Apr 23, 2015
  3. After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

I have the exact same problem, running on three monitors.

The taskbar on the primary is fine, the others are transparent. I've also seen the primary monitor taskbar be transparent.

I don't think it's related to settings, it's just a bug, possibly related to DPI scaling on multi-monitor setups.

I installed Creators Update manually because of the scaling improvements, everything is fine except for this, hope it will be fixed soon.

Stian Lund, Apr 23, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I did not even know that it existed.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    It doesn't.. you can't adjust the transparency level of the start menu.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  7. Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Sorry.. but I didn't see any adjustment in the settings for that. With this build(1`0061) you can turn it off and select a color but that's it so far.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  9. I meant it's a poor answer from MS to the community request, not your post explaining it to me, lol.

Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I understand.. I just wish I had a better answer to your question. It would be nice to adjust the level of the transparency .. IMO.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    At least I learned how to change the color of the Taskbar. Didn't like the dark grey, changed it to a medium blue.

Ztruker, Apr 24, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Well, that's cool.. And I got rid of the transparency.

BunnyJ, Apr 24, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Thanks Jeff, I did not think you could but was not sure.

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Honest question Gary.. it would be nice if you could but I doubt it's a thing that MS will add.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able? - Similar Threads - added Transparency setting

2. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  3. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  4. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  5. Pre-setting printer scales

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pre-setting printer scales: Hi, I want my printer to print at 90% scale and I print a lot of stuff. Is there an option to pre set the scale to automatically 90% rather than keep changing it every time I want to print something off?Thanks for help...
  6. RE: Adding devices that can't be added.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RE: Adding devices that can't be added.: Chat support told me that in order to stop getting security mails that force me to verify and change my password I need to add ALL my devices. Well, I can't do that, I don't want to do that. Some of my devices are just temporary, really outdated. What if I need to borrow...
  7. Scale and Layout setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale and Layout setting?: I have a 14 inch laptop and I was wondering what would be the best Scaling and Layout? Should I leave it at the recommended level of 150% or 125%? I tried the 125% setting, and looks more professional, the layout of apps and windows are a bit smaller, but seems appropriate....
  8. Start Menu Transparent When Set to Transparency Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Transparent When Set to Transparency Off: Set start menu to be not transparent. It is still transparent. Set it to be transparent, then set it back to not transparent in hopes that would work. It didn't. Any help?...
  9. re set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re set: why has treasure hunt reset to level one every time I try to play also have lost all my larger amounts of bombs etc gone back to 2 each https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-set/6fa63f70-6735-4c3c-b7a6-2c82f7382ce3
  10. Display scale / settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...