Windows 10: Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?

Discus and support Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; People's request for transparency in Win 10 was answered: Modern Transparency for Windows 10 – Feature Suggestions for Windows But is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Delicieuxz Win User

Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able?

Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  2. Stian Lund Win User

After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

After such a huge time, it's completely absurd Microsoft has not fixed this issue.

I even rolled back the CU because of this back in April, and decided to try again now guessing they would've changed most of the bugs, but apparently not... amazing.

I've tried sfc /scannow and toggling transparency settings, contrast settings, ClearType, uninstalling Classic Start Menu, nothing helped.

I have three monitors, and this happens on the TV connected through HDMI, running 1080p with 150% scaling. Changing scaling doesn't change anything either.

The *only* solution I've found is use Classic Start Menu to override it, by setting the Taskbar in CS options to "Transparent", and setting opacity to 85%. Then I get a slightly transparent taskbar without it being see-through.

This is a BUG and probably due to multi-monitor settings/DPI scaling or a combination of things.

Stian Lund, Apr 23, 2015
  3. Stian Lund Win User
    After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

I have the exact same problem, running on three monitors.

The taskbar on the primary is fine, the others are transparent. I've also seen the primary monitor taskbar be transparent.

I don't think it's related to settings, it's just a bug, possibly related to DPI scaling on multi-monitor setups.

I installed Creators Update manually because of the scaling improvements, everything is fine except for this, hope it will be fixed soon.

Stian Lund, Apr 23, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I did not even know that it existed.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    It doesn't.. you can't adjust the transparency level of the start menu.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  7. Delicieuxz Win User
    Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Sorry.. but I didn't see any adjustment in the settings for that. With this build(1`0061) you can turn it off and select a color but that's it so far.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  9. Delicieuxz Win User
    I meant it's a poor answer from MS to the community request, not your post explaining it to me, lol.

Delicieuxz, Apr 23, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I understand.. I just wish I had a better answer to your question. It would be nice to adjust the level of the transparency .. IMO.

BunnyJ, Apr 23, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    At least I learned how to change the color of the Taskbar. Didn't like the dark grey, changed it to a medium blue.

Ztruker, Apr 24, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Well, that's cool.. And I got rid of the transparency.

BunnyJ, Apr 24, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Thanks Jeff, I did not think you could but was not sure.

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Honest question Gary.. it would be nice if you could but I doubt it's a thing that MS will add.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is the re-added Transparency setting scale-able? - Similar Threads - added Transparency setting

2. Not able to find color calibration in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to find color calibration in settings: Whenever I go to my display settings, I am not able to find the link saying advanced settings or color calibration. Can someone please help?...
  3. Scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scaling: I got a new program, but it wouldn't display properly so I changed the scaling to 100% and it worked but was too small, so I changed back to 200% and it still works but is slightly blurry, but I can put up with that, however Outlook is now blurry. I don't want to select "Let...
  4. Settings / account “suggestions” added

Settings / account “suggestions” added: Hey guys! Just a question, I’m settings / accounts I switched my local account to a Microsoft account.. it asked me to verify my account, which I did and now I can see suggestions in accounts. I don’t know if I’m making sense maybe I can post a screenshot, is this new?...
  5. Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience

in Windows 10 News
    Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience: Over the years, you’ve told us that transparency and control over your data and ad experience are important. That's why we've built products and tools to help you manage that experience. Back in 2009, we launched Ad Settings, providing you with a single place for your ad...
  6. RE-Set of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RE-Set of Windows 10: Last week I did a reset of windows 10, keeping my files. When the reset was over and the lock screen came up I could not get into the computer. My wireless or wired keyboards and mouse would not work. I can get into the BIOS but not. According to the reset Windows 10 was to...
  7. Transparency Program

Transparency Program: I am looking for a program that is free and will create a solid transparent color .bmp files. Any ideas? Bill 34359
  8. Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to set automatically detect proxy in LAN settings: In LAN settings in internet options, I can't change any of the options, if i select the checkbox to automatically detect the proxy settings, clicking the OK button does nothing. In Proxy settings inside windows settings I can toggle "Automatically detect settings" but it...
  9. No Transparency?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Transparency?: How come only Start Menu area gets transparency? What about borders and title bars within open windows? 9653
  10. Best way to set monitor scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to set monitor scaling: I have just bought the Acer Predator xb271hu monitor. It's resolution is much higher than the old one and its higher than my second monitor. I have tried using scaling to increase the text size as its a bit small for me. Unfortunately it changes the scaling on both...