Windows 10: is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

Discus and support is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi is there a bat file to backup and restore the start menu ? thanks 19253 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by drugo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

Hi
    is there a bat file to backup and restore the start menu ?

thanks

:)

drugo, Aug 25, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

Pinned items not showing up in start menu

I have a few items on my desktop: a couple wordpad documents, and a .bat script that I wrote.

If I right click on the .bat file there is no option to pin to start menu. Yet if I drag it down to the start menu button it shows the circle with arrow indicating that it allows me to pin it, and ti says "pin to start menu". But then it doesn't show up
    in the start menu. How can I get it to show up?

thanks

Teemosan, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Jim_9999 Win User
    Windows 10 start menu doesn't work

Even without the start menu, I can access most of the windows functions by other methods. If you can right-click on the start menu, you can open the control panel. From there, type "backup" in the search box in the upper right corner to bring up backup and
    restore options.

If you can't access the start menu at all, right click on your desktop and click on "Display Settings" . In the search box type "backup" to see your backup options.

Jim_9999, Aug 25, 2015
  4. is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

they need to make one cause my settings use to be synced with onedrive which had the start menu apps and settings synced if I had to refresh in 8.1 but windows 10 it doesn't work... I always have to reconfigure them

icpwolverine, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

1. is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ? - Similar Threads - bat backup restore

2. Restore Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Backup: I have a backup made by Windows10 Home. I have changed my hard drive and done a clean install of Win10. Now I can see the backup in Win Explorer but can't see it in Recover Files. Why is that?...
  3. Adding Restore Backup/Restore Ownership to Windows context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Adding Restore Backup/Restore Ownership to Windows context menu?: I followed this tutorial to add the take ownership option to my windows 10 context menu, and I have worked with restoring ownership to certain folders using the icacls command, but if I can add take ownership to the context menu, can't I do the same with the icacls command,...
  4. Backup and restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore: Hi, How and when would you use backup and restore on the IT systems using the windows 10 operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/backup-and-restore/bd662f36-c19a-44cd-b2ca-8c5d1a49ef60
  5. Restore start menu apps to default

Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765
  6. Restoring backup

Restoring backup: Hi I have windows 10 installed on an SSD. I backup the entire SSD using Macrium Reflect Free. I now want to restore the windows 10 installation. Do I need to restore the entire SSD or can I just restore the C partition ? Whats the best way ? Thanks 27393
  7. Trying to add a Bat file to the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to add a Bat file to the start menu.: Hi there. I created the file google.bat with the following content: start "" "Google" What I want to do is add this file to the start menu. The objective is to be able to execute it with Cortana by saying "hey Cortana, open google". If I add the file into...
  8. Can not customize the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not customize the start menu: I'm having trouble with the start menu. I can't pin or resize or drag and drop icons even though I've tried a lot of ways. I've use sfc/scannow and it said it can see there're some problems but it can't fix those. I use Store apps frequently so this nearly drives me mad. Do...
  9. Start Menu - Can this be fixed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Can this be fixed?: Does anyone know how to fix the items below. The ones circled in red. And what is the one circled in green? 10061 start menu is really getting me frustrated. I've tried all the known fixes... WSREST, Reregister apps, try to install them again, etc. Done all the DISM and...
  10. Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10: This tutorial has been updated to work again. *Smile 3088