Windows 10: is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

Discus and support is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi is there a bat file to backup and restore the start menu ? thanks 19253 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by drugo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

Hi
    is there a bat file to backup and restore the start menu ?

thanks

:)

drugo, Aug 25, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

Pinned items not showing up in start menu

I have a few items on my desktop: a couple wordpad documents, and a .bat script that I wrote.

If I right click on the .bat file there is no option to pin to start menu. Yet if I drag it down to the start menu button it shows the circle with arrow indicating that it allows me to pin it, and ti says "pin to start menu". But then it doesn't show up
    in the start menu. How can I get it to show up?

thanks

Teemosan, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Jim_9999 Win User
    Windows 10 start menu doesn't work

Even without the start menu, I can access most of the windows functions by other methods. If you can right-click on the start menu, you can open the control panel. From there, type "backup" in the search box in the upper right corner to bring up backup and
    restore options.

If you can't access the start menu at all, right click on your desktop and click on "Display Settings" . In the search box type "backup" to see your backup options.

Jim_9999, Aug 25, 2015
  4. is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

they need to make one cause my settings use to be synced with onedrive which had the start menu apps and settings synced if I had to refresh in 8.1 but windows 10 it doesn't work... I always have to reconfigure them

icpwolverine, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

1. is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ? - Similar Threads - bat backup restore

2. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  3. How can I restore function to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restore function to the start menu?: My start meu and Windows Key is not working. No pop up window. As well the StartMenuExperienceHost.exe is missing. Tried a number of things using Task Manager including a restart WindowsExplorer, no affect. Prior to that the Task Bar disappeared. I managed to get it to...
  4. Restore Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Start Menu Programs: By mistake I removed all my programs from the start menu, they are installed its just they don't show up here on being removed. How to restore them back? Windows: 7 Already Tried: Restarted already...
  5. Restore Start Menu Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Start Menu Programs: By mistake I removed all my programs from the start menu, they are installed its just they don't show up here on being removed. How to restore them back? Windows: 7 Already Tried: Restarted already...
  6. How to pin a bat file to start menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to pin a bat file to start menu: Before anyone points to the various workarounds, I've tried all I can find and they all seem to have problems. I want to be able to give other people in my office a folder of files eg, on a usb stick that they can move to a location on their PC that allow them to connect to...
  7. Backup Start Menu layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Start Menu layout: I do not know where to ask this question as none of the little drop down boxes has anything to do with the Start Menu. Question: Is there is any way to backup my start menu on my main Windows 10 computer so that I can use it on my other windows 10 machines. My main computer...
  8. Backup and Restore completely fails to start

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore completely fails to start: It used to work but then something happened on my Windows 10 machine and now I can't backup at all (don't have external so I relied on this windows-7 leftover method to backup on an internal separate drive) My control panel looks like this now: Edit I can't upload an image?...
  9. Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10: Code: :: Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 @Echo Off net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c %~0""" -verb Runas & exit) Cls & Mode CON LINES=11 COLS=80 & Color 0E & Title Created By Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo. Echo Do You Want to Backup...
  10. Trying to add a Bat file to the start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to add a Bat file to the start menu.: Hi there. I created the file google.bat with the following content: start "" "Google" What I want to do is add this file to the start menu. The objective is to be able to execute it with Cortana by saying "hey Cortana, open google". If I add the file into...