Windows 10: Is there a better Windows 10 mail app?

Discus and support Is there a better Windows 10 mail app? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Frankly, by this time I expected more that what I got from this week's download. Something approaching Outlook instead of staying in the comfort of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by websquad, Jul 16, 2015.

1. websquad Win User

Is there a better Windows 10 mail app?

Frankly, by this time I expected more that what I got from this week's download. Something approaching Outlook instead of staying in the comfort of early web mail browser-based apps. Thunderbird is a much better mail client than the free client we get with Win 10. Should I just install Outlook 2013?

I don't mean to be grumpy, but I confess my expectations were much higher!

:)

websquad, Jul 16, 2015

2. Is there a better version of Windows 10 than the FREE version?

The versions for free upgrades are identical to purchased copies of Windows 10.

Windows 10 editions - Wikipedia

Gerry C J Cornell, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Is there a better version of Windows 10 than the FREE version?

What is the best upgrade for Windows 10 free version?

hlscottt1929, Jul 16, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

The Win10 version does take some getting used to. I prefer the simple version on Windows 8.1 myself for day to day stuff.

Cliff S, Jul 16, 2015
  5. Bumpkin Win User
    The mail app and most other apps don't give many options to customize to suit the user.

Windows Live Mail has not been updated to keep up with security problems. I will be using Thunderbird with Windows 10.

Bumpkin, Jul 17, 2015
  6. kelliann Win User
    Bumpkin, are you sure Thunderbird will work with Windows 10? I liked Windows Mail, myself (not live mail which I hated).

kelliann, Jul 18, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Thunderbird works great in Windows 10.

Winuser, Jul 18, 2015
  8. Geneo Win User

^This. I having been using Thunderbird for a number of years on all windows. Even at work I use it as a client of our outlook mail.

Works like a champ on Windows 10. No issues at all. In fact there are not too many applications that I have found to have issues with Windows 10 coming from Windows 7.

Geneo, Jul 18, 2015
  9. swarfega Win User
    Thunderbird is constantly updated so you can be sure it'll work.

By the way, Windows Live Mail stopped being updated in 2012.

swarfega, Jul 18, 2015
  10. websquad Win User
    TBird works well in Win 10, even through build 10565. I can't say that about the Win 10 native mail client, because it will not accept credentials to a POP3 account that is known to work fine.

websquad, Oct 13, 2015
  11. Kanata Win User
    I used Outlook for years in Windows but when I started using Windows 10 then I wanted something a bit lighter weight and not so cumbersome. Also needed easy and straight-forward backup options and good (community) support and a good price (free if possible). Also needed useful mail import / export functions. I found Thunderbird and could not be happier. I tried quite a few other free / not free options and all others seemed to be lacking.

Kanata, Oct 13, 2015
  12. Johannes Win User
    I tried using Windows 10 mail and Outlook, but found them lacking in useable features. I now use Windows Essentials 2012 and I am happy with that.

Johannes, Oct 13, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

T-Bird will be dropped from their product line. I use Outlook 64 Bit 2010. It is quite fast.

14. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Oct 13, 2015
  15. Kanata Win User
    I don't see anything about this. I thought they had resurrected it in late 2014.

Kanata, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a better Windows 10 mail app? - Similar Threads - better mail app

2. Is there a better camera app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a better camera app?: The current Windows Camera App on my device only offers a grainy 720p quality that is horrible for zoom meetings and frequently crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-better-camera-app/2c66f021-2b4a-4af6-bb94-d86fd57debb3
  3. Is there a better camera app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a better camera app?: The current Windows Camera App on my device only offers a grainy 720p quality that is horrible for zoom meetings and frequently crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-better-camera-app/2c66f021-2b4a-4af6-bb94-d86fd57debb3
  4. windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10,Mail app,sent mail.: i could not get updated cannot see the sent mails, that i am sending them using Mail app, neither i could see them in any other gmail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10mail-appsent-mail/37a02e20-4d0e-4559-9128-c090ccc909a2
  5. How to better organise Windows inbuilt mail app folders?

How to better organise Windows inbuilt mail app folders?: I refer to image of Windows in built mail app , linked multiple inboxes, why not move the "All Mail" and everything below that are frequently used above? [ATTACH]...
  6. Track Mail in Mail app in Windows 10

Track Mail in Mail app in Windows 10: Hi, I use Mail App in Windows 10. I don't know how tracking my send email. Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/track-mail-in-mail-app-in-windows-10/f5cdbcdc-c0e4-4649-b7c8-d25af5ba0ae9
  7. Netzero Mail with Windows 10 Mail App

Netzero Mail with Windows 10 Mail App: Does anyone know all the correct Incoming/outgoing server configurations, security requirements to be checked/not checked so I can configure my Netzero POP mail to work in the Windows10 Mail App. Using this apps auto creation....does NOT properly configure Netzero mail....
  8. Windows 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: The OS I am running is Windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586). Windows 10 was preinstalled by Dell version Windows 8. I was able to upgrade to Win 10 with the latest build successfully. It appeared that all of the preinstalled apps were working properly. However the Mail app...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App.: I'm new here so I hope I'm doing this right. I have just recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home and am wondering if there is any other email client in this OS other than the mail app? The app seems so very limited and I'm use to using Incredimail which I no longer want to use...
  10. Universal Windows apps get better with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Universal Windows apps get better with Windows 10: Today Terry Myerson and Joe Belfiore talked about the future of Windows and gave the world its first look at Windows 10. They demonstrated new features designed to make people and businesses more productive and announced that a Technical Preview build of Windows 10 will be...