Windows 10: Is there a disc imagining program included in Win 10?

Discus and support Is there a disc imagining program included in Win 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was talking to a tech friend about Macrium Reflect and he said that there is a disc imaging app. included with Windows 10. Is this true? (don't think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fred22, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Fred22 Win User

Is there a disc imagining program included in Win 10?

I was talking to a tech friend about Macrium Reflect and he said that there is a disc imaging app. included with Windows 10. Is this true? (don't think so).

:)

Fred22, Mar 16, 2017

2. Windows 10 is there a media player included in Windows 10?

Hi Tomle,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern on Windows Media Player in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

Windows 10 has been integrated with Windows Media Player
    to play digital media files, organize your digital media collection, burn (create) CDs of your favorite music, rip (copy) music from CDs, and sync media files to a portable device.

Refer below article for more information on Windows Media Player:

How to locate and open Windows Media Player
    in Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Mar 16, 2017
  3. Windows 10 is there a media player included in Windows 10?

Oh, I suppose I downloaded the Windows 10 probably 6 or 7 months ago. I never thought about asking if a media Player was included in that. So, down at the bottom left-hand side that says web and windows and it takes me to a website so I can just download
    the media player. I chose a site and all of a sudden 4 big X's come up and tell me to "Don't use that site." So which site should I use to download a media player then? Thank you. Tom LeKander

TOMLE KANDER 604, Mar 16, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Yes - it is in control panel and called, for some reason, "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)".

Macrium is much faster though.

5. NavyLCDR New Member
    And more reliable and flexible.

NavyLCDR, Mar 16, 2017
  6. Fred22 Win User
    Thanks to the both of you for the information.

Fred22, Mar 16, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Stupid name - it confuses people. It means "the crappy tool we had in Windows 7 but have never updated it since because we want you to use file hostory backup even though that is not a disk imaging package and we tried to kill it off in Windows 8 but users would not let us so we have given it an obscure name to comply but we still do not want you to use it".

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a disc imagining program included in Win 10? - Similar Threads - disc imagining program

2. Is MS office included with win 10 pro?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Is MS office included with win 10 pro?: I'm not sure if Windows 10 Pro includes office programs like excel, etc. I'm undecided weather to get Pro edition or stay with home and buy 360. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-ms-office-included-with-win-10-pro/0497f953-c0d6-4a75-b3c9-eee25d02e615
  3. Disc Cleanup With Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disc Cleanup With Win 10: Should I have more of these boxes checked? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-cleanup-with-win-10/4bb97bf2-ac0e-4d76-8140-5a39ad683d65
  4. Disc management Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disc management Win 10: Extend volume Have main partition "C" primary, etc., then Recovery Partition, then New Volume. It says can only extend in adjacent formatted volumes. Both Primary "C" and new formatted volume show NTFS but Recovery Partition shows blank. Can I extend "C" primary to...
  5. Bootable WinPE disc for Win 10 1903

Bootable WinPE disc for Win 10 1903: I need to know how to make bootable WinPE disc for Win 10 1903 after ADK and ADKWinPEAddons for win 10 1903 installations. I have been looking but cannot find any up to date info on this. Please respond asap if possible. Thanks...
  6. DVD drive doesn't open, or even recognize, program discs with Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive doesn't open, or even recognize, program discs with Win 10: Hi, Since loading Win 10 I've been unable to insert a program loading disc and get the disc to work. The DVD drive will load music, but not programs. When I go to Win 10 file explorer, the DVD drive doesn't even "see" the program disc. Hopefully there's something simple I'm...
  7. Can't create win 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't create win 10 repair disc: I tried to create a repair disc for an HP laptop but windows wants me to insert an installation disc. I don't have any. I upgraded it from win 8.1 to win 10 so I don't have an installation disc. How do I get over this requirement? My two Dell laptops created repair discs just...
  8. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...
  9. 10 not recogniziing win 7 disc

10 not recogniziing win 7 disc: I got this new pc for christmas which came with 8.1, which I hate. So I did the free 10 upgrade but now run into many new problems. Many of my favorite programs are not yet compadible. Discs burned from previous operating systems and usb drives formated for previous OS will...
  10. Microsoft Imagine for Institutions

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Imagine for Institutions: What is Microsoft Imagine? Microsoft Imagine is the program that provides collegiate student developers, especially those who attend top CS universities, with the tools, resources and experiences needed to turn innovative ideas into reality. Welcome to Microsoft...