Windows 10: Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing

Discus and support Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing over and over again Visual C ++ 2012 update is the only one that keeps reinstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Littlejohn56, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing

Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing over and over again
    Visual C ++ 2012 update is the only one that keeps reinstalling and all the installs are successfully installed

Anyone have any ideas *Biggrin

:)

Littlejohn56, Mar 8, 2016

2. Is there a fix yet for the Anniversary update kerfuffle?

What kerfluffle?

Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool on either computer?

Is the Dell Desktop PC the same computer as in
    your 05 June 2015 thread
    ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may obtain Microsoft-sponsored (but not necessarily free) support via the Answer Desk =>
    http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com

====================================================

DISCLAIMER: Posted AS IS with no guarantees. MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Is there a fix yet for the Anniversary update kerfuffle?

I need this fixed. I recently lost my husband to cancer this year and I want my memories back. I am starting to panic because I never authorized these updates to my machines outside of scheduling the Win10 update back in July, and now I am in danger of losing
    the last 6 years of pictures and videos because of this.

Both my desktop (Dell) and laptop (Toshiba) have been affected. I was able to "fix" the problem by resetting them to previous builds, but, for whatever reason, Microsoft forced the Win10 update on me again for both, and now my desktop is completely disabled.
    The system restore points are gone, and the only available "operating systems" are Win10, where my desktop originally came equipped with Win7.

Is there anything I can do? Resetting didn't work this time...

Thanks...

Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing [​IMG]

TaurusIndigo, Mar 8, 2016
  4. cbwilsha Win User

Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing

Go to Programs and Features, left click EACH C++2012 entry, click Repair and restart computer after last repair. Check by Checking for updates and see if it tries again to install.

cbwilsha, Mar 8, 2016
  5. What I found here was a pair of C++ installs but only the first saw the details. The check is looking at the Update for Microsoft C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (KB3119142) trying to go on as the second item on the 14279 Insider Preview build here. Apparently that has a problem going on when your 3rd party av program or firewall is active and continues try to get on each time you check.

Ever since the 10586 Insider was replaced by the TH2 General Release version I have been noticing the Windows Defender update also trying hard right before the next Insider build comes into view! There is no left click to fix option only the right click to uninstall option seen for any updates.

Night Hawk, Mar 8, 2016
  6. Thanks that fixed the problem *Smile

Littlejohn56, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing

1. Is there a fix for windows update reinstalling the same thing - Similar Threads - fix update reinstalling

2. Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.: As written above my speakers and headphones are grouped as the same thing by Windows. This is the reason why if I unplug my headphone cord, play a sound and then plug my headphones in again the sound is still playing on the speakers. I do know how to get on my headphones I...
  3. Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers and headphones grouped as the same thing by Windows.: As written above my speakers and headphones are grouped as the same thing by Windows. This is the reason why if I unplug my headphone cord, play a sound and then plug my headphones in again the sound is still playing on the speakers. I do know how to get on my headphones I...
  4. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  5. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  6. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

7. Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?: Hi, I'd like to reinstall my Windows 11 installation, since I have a very annoying issue I can't get rid of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-shutdownsleephibernate/b68475ee-ae09-4dd7-bb7a-5d799861a38f . Now I'm wondering whether the...
  8. Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?

Is "Reset Windows 11" the same thing as reinstalling it from an USB stick?: Hi, I'd like to reinstall my Windows 11 installation, since I have a very annoying issue I can't get rid of https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-shutdownsleephibernate/b68475ee-ae09-4dd7-bb7a-5d799861a38f . Now I'm wondering whether the...
  9. Reinstall same software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall same software: Is it possible to reinstall win 10 home, version 20h2, OS 19042.630, 64 bit over the same software that has the same version, OS on the same computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-same-software/5cfa4f5d-a23d-4914-af52-c66b64fbf2a4
  10. Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hide / Disable daily driver updates of the same thing.: Hi Not sure of the optimum place to post, so if it's wrong - Sorry, Every day my [img] runs and successfully installs the driver in the picture, Synaptics - Mouse (although it is the touchpad area I suspect). Tried quite a few things, Microsoft technician? remoteing in...