Windows 10: Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems?

Discus and support Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've read through most of the threads here on fixing the networking issues cause by the Windows update. But I don't want to start changing settings I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CountryBumkin, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems?

I've read through most of the threads here on fixing the networking issues cause by the Windows update. But I don't want to start changing settings I don't understand, so I just rolled back the update to get things working again - This fixed three of my five networked computers but I still have a problem I can't fix by rolling back.

Two of my HTPC computers (are connected to my home TVs for streaming movies/TV/etc.) were having the network problem so I did a Win10 (Reset), and now I can connect to them but there are no "folders" to access. I can see the two computers (had to use my computer name/password) on each to get access, but all I have when I try to connect by clicking on the "computer icon" at File Explorer>Network is what looks like an empty folder (there are no subfolders like Public/Documents, User, etc.). it just opens like its an empty folder and won't let me copy anything to it.

So I can wait a little longer for an official MS fix - assuming one is coming. Does anyone know if Microsoft intends to fix this problem?

:)

CountryBumkin, Dec 14, 2015

2. Is there a fix for the problems caused by the latest Windows 10 update?

Hi Helen,

There are various reasons in having issues after a Windows System Update. It is possible that the update is incompletely installed or you need to update the apps manually.

To resolve your concern, you can click this
    link
    and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to troubleshoot issues after an update.

We also recommend that you check for new updates by following the steps on this

link
    and install all available and critical updates on your computer.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the steps above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 14, 2015
  3. Is there a fix for the problems caused by the latest Windows 10 update?

Since the last Windows10 automatic update Microsoft Solitaire Collection, Miicrosoft Majong and XBox will not load. These programs came with the computer. This is more than a little irritating. Is there a solution?

HelenMount, Dec 14, 2015
  4. Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems?

I ended up setting up a HomeGroup to solve the problem. And even that had problems since Windows thought I already had a HomeGroup ready to join but I didn't have its password (and it wouldn't let me start over with a new password). But I worked through that and now all my home computers are linked again.

CountryBumkin, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Pendaws Win User
    I found an answer that fixed my issues with Th2 release and also the insider builds that
    stopped me seeing my NAS, and 2 other external network drives in Explorer.

This is what I did and it fixed the issue:
    Code: Can't see NAS drives in your network on Windows 10? Here is the solution: 1/ run cmd as admin 2/ sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi 3/ sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled Restart and you are done![/quote] You will need to reboot the machine and remember to back up your install (preferably with Macrium)
    before you start, just in case. I hope it helps you. *Smile

Pendaws, Dec 16, 2015
  6. voyagerxp Win User
    You will need to reboot the machine and remember to back up your install (preferably with Macrium)
    before you start, just in case. I hope it helps you. *Smile[/quote]
    Top man, That fixed my nas *Smile

voyagerxp, Dec 16, 2015
  7. You will need to reboot the machine and remember to back up your install (preferably with Macrium)
    before you start, just in case. I hope it helps you. *Smile[/quote] Tried that a couple of days ago and it didn't work for me. I actually got an error running it. But I didn't want to dig in any deeper as this networking stuff is magic to me.
    Anyways the HomeGroup got me working (which is probably what Microsoft wanted me to use in the first place.

CountryBumkin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems?

1. Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems? - Similar Threads - Microsoft fix coming

2. How to fix network adapter problem!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix network adapter problem!?: Hello dears, I'm having problems in my both local and management NIC, it show red X icon on network connection. I tried to update both networks drivers, but still the same issue. Worth mentioning that I also tried to install the driver manually from the website. Your support...
  3. How to fix network adapter problem!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix network adapter problem!?: Hello dears, I'm having problems in my both local and management NIC, it show red X icon on network connection. I tried to update both networks drivers, but still the same issue. Worth mentioning that I also tried to install the driver manually from the website. Your support...
  4. How to fix network adapter problem!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to fix network adapter problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to fix network adapter problem: so i was updating drivers with driver easy and suddenly my network adapter has a yellow exclamation mark ik what it means but i cant fix it neither connect to the internet and i didnt even update the networkadapter...
  6. how to fix network credential problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix network credential problems: having problems with network credentials. When trying to view other computers on my home network i am asked for the credentials password. Tried fixes I have found on network to no avail. Network sharing worked perfect before windows 10 or 11. Can someone suggest a work around...
  7. how to fix network credential problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix network credential problems: having problems with network credentials. When trying to view other computers on my home network i am asked for the credentials password. Tried fixes I have found on network to no avail. Network sharing worked perfect before windows 10 or 11. Can someone suggest a work around...
  8. Please, Microsoft, fix the network detection problems.

Please, Microsoft, fix the network detection problems.: Hello, I am running Win10 64 bit version 1909 on a laptop and on a PC, on both machines, network discovery and file sharing is turned on, both machines can see one another and I can share files between them, however..... I have two Buffalo NAS stations, both with the...
  9. Find and fix network problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find and fix network problems: I use the built-in windows wifi troubleshooter to fix my problems, but about an hour ago I tried it again and this time I got this: [ATTACH] What do I do now?...
  10. Network Problem I Cant Fix!!

Network Problem I Cant Fix!!: <div style="text-align:justify;">I've got 2 routers in my house. My PC can only connect to 1 of them, with the other one not supplying internet Although it normally does. But all my other devices can connect and use the internet with both routers. I tried fixing it with...