Windows 10: Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator?

Discus and support Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under UpdateOrchestrator there's a reboot task that always turns on the computer randomly. I disable option to wake my computer, but it always turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nights, Oct 11, 2017.

1. nights Win User

Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator?

Under UpdateOrchestrator there's a reboot task that always turns on the computer randomly. I disable option to wake my computer, but it always turns itself back on after every minor Windows update. Can someone make a script to just make sure to turn it off every day?

:)

nights, Oct 11, 2017

2. Is there a way to disable Windows Photos?

Could you try going to Settings > Apps and reset the Photos app so it has no state data, then set another picture viewing program as your default so that Photos will never open or initialize to process your pictures.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 11, 2017
  3. cheryl002 Win User
    Is there a way to disable Defender?

I didn 't need to. This time I got a message that Defender had been turned off {good riddance) and thank YOU

cheryl002, Oct 11, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Oct 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator? - Similar Threads - script help disable

2. Please help... script error

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help... script error: Hi...before I start I will need replies in Laymans terms as I am not technically minded...sorry. Every time I use my laptop it comes up with a box stating "script error" how do I rectify this? Also the laptop is running VERY SLOW is there a way I can get it back to running...
  3. UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UpdateOrchestrator: Hi. First time posting. My computer got woken up at 3 am and it was doing nothing , woken up, spending electricity and raising the bills until i saw it now at 11 am. I have tried to disable this event and nothing has worked . I need a solution to this problem because i...
  4. Disable script debugging in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable script debugging in MS Edge: The MS Support instructions for Windows 10/Edge are often incorrect. For example, there is no tab available for "internet options" only "advanced settings" which does not have the simple tools available as options that are often needed. If I get an error message about a...
  5. How to delete UpdateOrchestrator sense it will not allow me to disable it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete UpdateOrchestrator sense it will not allow me to disable it: I am the administrator and solo user of my computer system, and even after uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10 I am not allowed to disable Update Orchestrator - Why? I may be lagging behind in computer technology, but I am not computer ignorant; which means if I can...
  6. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...
  7. Help needed writing batch script!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed writing batch script!: Firstly thank you for even clicking on this thread as I understand that this probably isn't meant to be here. The scenario is that I'm trying to write a script that incorporates the result of a ping to an IP and then based on the result do different things. Here is an...
  8. How to disable Windows Script Host

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to disable Windows Script Host: Is there a good way in registry or group policy to disable wscript.exe? Does it apply to all users? Purpose is to prevent users from accidentally running malicious scripts. I could just delete it or rename it, but it might come back after a Windows update. 92329
  9. Unable to change Reboot setting in UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change Reboot setting in UpdateOrchestrator: Hey guys, not sure what subforum to put this in.. A little background information since I am new to this forum. I've been using W10 since it first came out, and I really loved it being a fan of Windows 7. I felt like Anniversary Update made it even better! Then, Creators...
  10. Can Someone Help me Write a Script

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Someone Help me Write a Script: I use an old kvm switch without active ddc so I am always having to open screen resolution settings and click detect. I would like to make a script file and then a shortcut to the file to do this for me but I have never written a script and can't figure out how to do it....