Windows 10: Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator?

Discus and support Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Under UpdateOrchestrator there's a reboot task that always turns on the computer randomly. I disable option to wake my computer, but it always turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nights, Oct 11, 2017.

1. nights Win User

Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator?

Under UpdateOrchestrator there's a reboot task that always turns on the computer randomly. I disable option to wake my computer, but it always turns itself back on after every minor Windows update. Can someone make a script to just make sure to turn it off every day?

:)

nights, Oct 11, 2017

2. Is there a way to disable Windows Photos?

Could you try going to Settings > Apps and reset the Photos app so it has no state data, then set another picture viewing program as your default so that Photos will never open or initialize to process your pictures.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 11, 2017
  3. cheryl002 Win User
    Is there a way to disable Defender?

I didn 't need to. This time I got a message that Defender had been turned off {good riddance) and thank YOU

cheryl002, Oct 11, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Oct 11, 2017
Thema:

1. Is there a script to help disable UpdateOrchestrator? - Similar Threads - script help disable

2. Disable Automatic scripts windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Automatic scripts windows: How can we disable automatic powershell scripts or batchfiles from running in Windows PCs including servers for security improvement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatic-scripts-windows/c08a3adc-626e-47f6-99bf-406d552f11b8
  3. Disable Automatic scripts windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Automatic scripts windows: How can we disable automatic powershell scripts or batchfiles from running in Windows PCs including servers for security improvement https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatic-scripts-windows/c08a3adc-626e-47f6-99bf-406d552f11b8
  4. Disable Automatic scripts windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Help with Windows script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Windows script: I use Windows scheduler to run BAT files using the "At startup" option. Is it possible to insert some script into the BAT file that will prevent it from running on weekends? If not, is there some way to accomplish this while still being able to run at startup the rest of...
  6. Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 1909 and UpdateOrchestrator: Does anyone know if they patched this update? I was forced into 1909 today from 1809 and saw that this was one of the bigger issues. I'm not able to really find anything on it being fixed but just wanted to see if anyone here knew of anything at all. If they didn't fix this,...
  7. UpdateOrchestrator

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    UpdateOrchestrator: Hi. First time posting. My computer got woken up at 3 am and it was doing nothing , woken up, spending electricity and raising the bills until i saw it now at 11 am. I have tried to disable this event and nothing has worked . I need a solution to this problem because i...
  8. Disable script debugging in MS Edge

Disable script debugging in MS Edge: The MS Support instructions for Windows 10/Edge are often incorrect. For example, there is no tab available for "internet options" only "advanced settings" which does not have the simple tools available as options that are often needed. If I get an error message about a...
  9. How to delete UpdateOrchestrator sense it will not allow me to disable it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete UpdateOrchestrator sense it will not allow me to disable it: I am the administrator and solo user of my computer system, and even after uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10 I am not allowed to disable Update Orchestrator - Why? I may be lagging behind in computer technology, but I am not computer ignorant; which means if I can...
  10. Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled

Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator Schedule Retry Scan Cannot be disabled: I put my machine to sleep. It wakes up due to a task in Task Scheduler: UpdateOrchestrator > Schedule Retry Scan [ATTACH] I am the administrator of my own home machine and I would like to disable this as I do NOT want my machine waking when I am not using it. This...