Windows 10: Is there a solution for permenantly disabling the touch pad mouse?

Discus and support Is there a solution for permenantly disabling the touch pad mouse? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that I can not disable the touch pad as I did in Windows 8. I have found I can disable it except for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by teabones, Aug 23, 2015.

1. teabones Win User

Is there a solution for permenantly disabling the touch pad mouse?

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that I can not disable the touch pad as I did in Windows 8. I have found I can disable it except for the buttons but when the computer starts again I have to disable it again which has become a pain where I sit. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

:)

teabones, Aug 23, 2015

2. Touch Pad FN +F9 Function does not work with Windows 10 Update.

The Fn +F9 key and Touch Pad switch to disable Touch Pad does not work after Windows 10 upgrade on a Toshiba Satellite M640 laptop. Has anyone run into this and found a solution. Ideas welcome.

MC74Engineer, Aug 23, 2015
  3. JRock93 Win User
    unable to disable touchpad in windows 10

Original Title: Disable Touch Pad

Hi, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to disable my touch pad. I want to use my mouse and only my mouse. I have tried all of the suggested solutions suggested online including accessing settings, the control panel, FN plus
    F5 keys, but nothing is working. I cannot find anything that allows me to click a box that says "disable touch pad." Please help as I keep hitting my touch pad when typing -- and it's driving me nuts!!! Thank you!!! =)

JRock93, Aug 23, 2015
  4. BReeves Win User

Should be able to turn it off in the BIOS. Have done this with a couple laptops, I use a wireless mouse and sometimes the touch pad gets in the way when I'm typing.

BReeves, Aug 23, 2015
  5. teabones Win User
    Changing BIOS is probably a little beyond my comfortable knowledge level, thanks for the response.

teabones, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a solution for permenantly disabling the touch pad mouse? - Similar Threads - solution permenantly disabling

2. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  3. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable touch pad: Trying to disable touch pad on HP computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/5444f394-2dbf-4eca-a224-78246b4fd0fd
  4. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  5. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable touch pad: How do I disable the touch pad on my laptop when I have an external pointing device mouse attached?There used to be a check box, but this no longer shown.I have found a way to disable the touch pad but every time I start my laptop again it is once again enabled.I have read...
  6. Disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. disable touch pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable touch pad: disable touch pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touch-pad/997b2e32-56f8-4509-8a81-b85222278f94
  8. Disable Touch Pad

Disable Touch Pad: How can I disable the touchpad on my new HP laptop when there is no touchpad tab under devices? I use a mouse exclusively, and have a difficult time not touching the touch pad when I type. It's really annoying to have to keep searching for my cursor....
  9. Mouse and touch pad

Mouse and touch pad: I bought a new mouse. When I plug I install it into the usb port I am not able to automatically disable the touch pad. It's driving me crazy. Why is this so complicated?...
  10. Touch pad Mouse

Touch pad Mouse: Need help with my mouse. During data input, mouse moves and will click on other menus and/or access the cut and paste options. In my word processor, I have lost blocks of data. The same problems happen online on several websites requiring data entry. Really need answer....