Windows 10: IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center?

Discus and support IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I may have never noticed this in Windows 10 but after the 1607 anniversary update was released I noticed that Mail notifications that turned on the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by moondoggy, Aug 24, 2016.

1. moondoggy Win User

IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center?

I may have never noticed this in Windows 10 but after the 1607 anniversary update was released I noticed that Mail notifications that turned on the Action Center Icon and the Email subject and sender information in the action center, over time, would disappear without any intervention on my part. To be clear an email notification would arrive and the Action Center Icon would change to indicated that a notification was received and the details of that notification were listed in the action center but (A) I did not click on the action center icon (B) I did not open the built-in Mail application and (C) I did not open Outlook 2010. However, after being absent from my PC for a period of time, I noticed that the action center icon was no longer showing a notification and when I did finally open the action center there were no notifications there either. What I seem to remember was that prior to the 1607 anniversary update, if you clicked on the action center icon the icon would remove the notification highlighting but to actually remove the notifications themselves from the action center I had to either clear the individual notification or clear all notification or open Outlook 2010 and download my mail.

So, is this the behavior that others are seeing? If so, is there a way to control this so notifications simply don't disappear on their own?

:)

moondoggy, Aug 24, 2016
  2. RamboJr Win User

Is there a video recording time limit for WP8 or Nokia Lumia 920? Tried to record 1 hour+, camera app failed resulting in corrupted mp4 video

Thanks for the quick response!!

When you say "transfer" do you mean between my phone and the computer? I read somewhere that this was an issue, but what about the file size inside the phone? Does it have a limit? My video file was corrupted even before attempting to transfer
    it.

RamboJr, Aug 24, 2016
  3. RamboJr Win User
    Is there a video recording time limit for WP8 or Nokia Lumia 920? Tried to record 1 hour+, camera app failed resulting in corrupted mp4 video

I was recording a concert and stopped the video at around 1 hour and ten minutes. When I stopped recording, the camera app froze. I waited for around 10 minutes before I restarted the camera app only to discover that my hour long video was nowhere to be
    found. When I connected my device to my computer i found a 4.7GB mp4 file there, corrupted, unplayable. This led me to think that:

1. The phone could not handle the large file

2. The system has a file size restriction that the app does not take into account when recording.

If any of these are true, what is the time limit for video recording(1080 30fps) so this does not happen? How does WP8 handle large recordings? Is this a bug?

Thank you.

RamboJr, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center?

1. IS there a time limit for Mail notifications in the Action Center? - Similar Threads - limit Mail notifications

2. Action Center - To disappear notification after some time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center - To disappear notification after some time: Is there an option by each app to disappear the notification in the action center in windows 10 from bottom right side.Example, now with teams update we can make the notification setting to window, after we saw the message in teams, still that notification is there in action...
  3. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  4. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  5. Action Center - E-Mail Notifications

Action Center - E-Mail Notifications: I just had to approve some link to my online e-mail account in order to apply for a job. Now the Action Center on my laptop throws a notification across the screen every time I get e-mail. Can anyone advise how to disable this?...
  6. Mail app not showing notification in action center

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app not showing notification in action center: The only way I know if their is a emailnis if I open the app. The sync settings are set To show a banner and play a sound. To test I send a email from my phone and nothing happens on the pc unless I open the mail app. In settings it set fine. Their was a update this morning...
  7. No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center

in Browsers and Email
    No Notification of new Outlook 2016 mail in Action Center: I have selected the option to receive notifications of new email from Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 settings, but am not receiving them in the Action Center. Are there any other settings that need to be changed or possibly any registry keys that need to be added? Thanks. 38719
  8. Windows 10 mail app action center notification

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app action center notification: The Windows 10 mail app stops notifying me about new emails. What happens is I need to delete my account from the Windows mail app then recreate the account. The mail app will notify me a few times when new mail comes then it stops. Have to keep doing this over and over...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. Mail Action Center Notification No Longer Works

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Action Center Notification No Longer Works: I used to get notification from Action Center for new email messages. Not any more. I searched various forums, and it appears to be a bug. Is everyone else experiencing this? I have two accounts connected to the Mail program--Outlook and Gmail. It's not getting...