Windows 10: Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

Discus and support Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Here's what I have : Win10 ISO downloaded W10 keycode from SoftKeyPlus: Installed key ends in 8HVX7 Original key from SoftKeyPlus ended in FCYGR... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bruce SX, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Bruce SX Win User

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

Here's what I have :
    • Win10 ISO downloaded
    • W10 keycode from SoftKeyPlus: Installed key ends in 8HVX7
    • Original key from SoftKeyPlus ended in FCYGR
    • Version from SoftKeyPlus: 1.0.6125

• From Microsft: Edition is W10 Home (previous was W8.x) version 1607
    • From Microsft: Version 1607
    • From Microsft: License key endind in N9H3KD1

• Belarc photographed

• Haven't done Ccleaner(uh-oh?)

• Office confirmed as 365, but without O in front

• Passwords change

• No backup necessary. Nothing in Files/photos/videos to save

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  2. simrick Win User

That's fine. That's one of the W10 Home generic keys - confirms that this system was upgraded.

Okay, I think we will be installing 1703, Creators Update (latest).

If no installed programs list (I use Ccleaner because it's easy), do you have that written down so we can get all her personally installed programs back on? All I know of is Office. Belarc included this list. If you photographed all pages of Belarc, you will have it.

She had no personal files on the system at all?

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  3. simrick Win User
    One question: Does she use iTunes? Is that installed on there?

The reason I ask is, if she does, the system should be de-registered with Apple, as they have a limited amount of non-iOS devices you can install iTunes on, that's all.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Bruce SX Win User

I'll check the Belarc.

A couple of other things.

• I thought she had changed her log in info for the notebook but she hasn't. I assume she'll hav e the opportunity to do that when the new OS is installed?
    • Also: Does she assign a new Google password from her machine or mine?

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    How does she log in to the laptop? MS account or local account?

If she hasn't changed her Google account password yet, it can be done from hers after the clean install is completed.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    Actually, it doesn't matter at this point, because I'm going to suggest during the install that we make a local account for her to login. If she wants to change that to an MS account later, it's very easy. But I hope her MS account password has been changed.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  7. Bruce SX Win User
    No personal files.

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  8. Bruce SX Win User

No iTunes

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Okay, so, here we go. *Smile

Plug the power cord into the laptop. Remove any peripherals like external mouse, external monitor, external hard drives, etc. The only thing connected should be the flash drive with the W10 install media you made.

Turn the system on, and start tapping the key which gives you the one-time boot selection. (tap tap tap...)
    This is usually F12, but depends on the system manufacturer. When then system first turns on, at the black screen there will usually be some indication at the bottom of the screen like: Press F12 for Boot Menu, Press F2 for BIOS, etc. If you can't figure it out, please advise the laptop specs and I'll look it up for you.

Select to boot from the flash drive.

Select to install Windows.

Select language, time and keyboard.

Select Install Now.

When/if it asks for a product key, select I don't have a product key.

If it shows multiple editions, select Windows 10 Home.

Accept the license.

Now select Custom Install.

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. [​IMG]

Highlight each partition on the drive, one at a time, and delete it. You'll probably find there are quite a few-there usually are with a W8>W10 upgrade. We want to clean install to a completely unallocated drive, to be sure everything that the scammers may have done, is gone.

Proceed through the installation, create the user account, select privacy options, connect to the internet, etc.

I would create a local account for her. She can always change it to an MS account later if she wants.

Skip setting up Cortana for now. If she does that, she will need to use an MS account to login to her computer.

Here's the tutorial, in case you need it:
    Clean Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Any questions, please ask. It's quite painless really. *Wink

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  10. Bruce SX Win User
    She has changed the Google password.

Do we change her Microsoft password using her pc using the following steps?

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and then click Change a password.
    • Type your old password followed by a new password as indicated, and then type the new password again to confirm it.
    • Press Enter.

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  11. simrick Win User
    No, I would not change a password on a possibly compromised computer.
    Is it an MS account password, or a local account password?

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  12. Bruce SX Win User
    I'm embarrassed to say, but I do not know the difference.

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

At the login screen of the computer, where you enter the password, does it just have, say, her first name, or is it an email address? If it's an email address, then it's an MS account.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  14. simrick Win User
    Here's another way to check:

Type account in the search box and look at the window that pops up.
    If it says Sign in with a Microsoft account instead, then she's using a local account and not an MS account.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  15. Bruce SX Win User
    It says: can't sign in right now. go to account.live.com or use the last password you signed in with

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. - Similar Threads - trojan csrss exe

2. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  3. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  4. How do I remove this Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan

SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan: Hi. I recently found a virus in my computer, sihost64 and sihost32 running on the background. I dont know how to remove it. Please help me, especially @_AW_ who was helped people with the same problem.Here i attached my...
  6. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  7. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  8. How do I remove a Trojan

How do I remove a Trojan: Hello, I downloaded a file some days ago. After that I got warning from Windows security, "That comes with windows, not the scam" It said trojan detected. It was set to quarantine. After weeks later my computer act different. My files was looking weird. It does not say any...
  9. how do I eliminate a long running script

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I eliminate a long running script: how do I eliminate a long running script https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-eliminate-a-long-running-script/45acadbf-e478-464f-b1dc-2d93c8178c3e
  10. Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan

Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan: Hello, I've been getting a lot of notifications from bitdefender that i have viruses named: pcds32.exe, pcds64.exe, and rv32.exe. Bitdefender usually finds it in my temp folder and it'll keep disinfecting it and blocking it and I've manually deleted it as well but it keeps...