Windows 10: Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

Discus and support Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It says: can't sign in right now. go to account.live.com or use the last password you signed in with Okay very good. This means she has changed her MS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bruce SX, Apr 19, 2017.

1. simrick Win User

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

Okay very good. This means she has changed her MS password, and that was how she was signing into the laptop. Good. That's what I needed to know.

Okay, post #53...here you go.
    Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. - Page 6 - - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  2. Bruce SX Win User

Okay, post #53...here you go.

I so want to get rolling on this, but if I don't mention this I 'm afraid I would be making a mistake.

I hadn't accessed the settings passwords in Google until a short while ago. She had a lot of passwords for different sites(32 to be exact). All the important ones(I hope were changed) by her yesterday.

Can the rest be changed on my machine later?

Or will it be necessary to reset all those other passwords on my pc at this time...before the reload of her notebook.

I really try to be more consistent in how I do things. I feel like my hands are all thumbs dealing with this. By rights this should probably have been finished days ago.

This is the last unknown.

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  3. simrick Win User
    You mean the passwords save in Google Chrome Browser?
    It can all be done later using her laptop.
    Suppose she doesn't know a password to a site:
    All she needs is to have access to whatever her account recovery email is. Then, she simply clicks on forgot password at any site, has a password reset email sent to her, and resets the password that way.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Bruce SX Win User

I was hoping you'd say that. Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou!

I'm off to post #53. Everything is ready: Drive plugged in, outside monitor disconnected, no outside drives, no mouse, power off.

*Cool

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    Good luck! *Smile

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  6. Bruce SX Win User
    Her notebook(Asus X551M) won't respond to the F12 tap or even a F8 tap.

It flashes(for a nanosecond it seems) something that might be the option page and then settles on the log in page.

Don't know what's up with that. This is a first for me on any machine.

I'm going to do a search and see what comes up.

*Cool

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    See here:
    How to boot the system from the USB disk or the CD-ROM drive? | Official Support | ASUS USA

This shows you how to enter the BIOS and set it to boot from the flash drive, and also turn off Secure Boot. Since it came with W8.1, it has this feature.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

Seems there's a secret for this laptop:
    Hold down the F2 key; while holding it down, press the power button to start the machine, while still holding down the F2 key. That should take the system into the BIOS. Let me know if that works please.

EDIT: Instead of getting into the BIOS, see if this works first:
    hit the ESC (Escape) key as you turn the system on - that should give you the one-time boot options, and you can select the flash drive from that without making any changes to the BIOS.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  9. Bruce SX Win User
    I couldn't get anywhere from that lnk. Don't know why.

However, I did check system cofiguration from the startup menu

In the General tab it displays the following 3 selections
    • normal
    • diagnostic
    • selective(under selective we have the below #ed choices[my numbering]

• Load system services-checked(defaulted)
    • Load startup items-checked(defaulted)
    • Use original boot configuration-unchecked(defaulted)

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  10. Bruce SX Win User
    I tried the turn on with the F2 key. That didn't work either

EDIT: Will now try the escape button option

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  11. Bruce SX Win User
    Got it with the F2 key.......finally. I can start at post #53 now...and it's almost lunchtime. I can wait.

*Cool

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    YAY!

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  13. Bruce SX Win User

Now that I'm into BIOS at the top of the page I chose Boot from the tabs listed.

In the boot menu I have the following:
    BOOT CONFIGURATION
    Fast Boot [enabled]
    Launch csm [disabled]

BOOT OPTION PRIORITIES
    Boot option #1 [Windows boot manage....]
    Boot option #2 [Sandisk Cruze....]

> Add New Boot Option
    > Delete Boot Option

So, I highlighted Boot Option #2 pressed enter

The result was a pop up window that contained the following:

Boot Option #2
    Widows Boot Manager (PO: ST500LT0)12-1DG142
    UEFI: SanDisk Cruzer Glide 2.01 (this is highlighted in the window)
    Disabled

I hit enter again and Boot option #2 above now is written as: [UEFI: SanDisk Cruze]

Do I tap enter again?

EDIT: From This:
    BOOT OPTION PRIORITIES
    Boot option #2 [Sandisk Cruze....]

To this:
    BOOT OPTION PRIORITIES
    Boot option #2 [UEFI: Sandisk Cruze....]

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
  14. simrick Win User
    We want Boot Option #1 to be the SanDisk Cruzer and boot option #2 doesn't matter (it will probably change to Windows Boot Manager).

FAST BOOT should be set to disabled.

The system should then boot to the flash drive.

I have to leave now for a while. Will be back later. I'm sorry, can't be helped.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  15. Bruce SX Win User
    Not a problem. I will see what I may be able to accomplish in the interim

*Cool

Bruce SX, Apr 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. - Similar Threads - trojan csrss exe

2. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  3. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  4. How do I remove this Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan

SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan: Hi. I recently found a virus in my computer, sihost64 and sihost32 running on the background. I dont know how to remove it. Please help me, especially @_AW_ who was helped people with the same problem.Here i attached my...
  6. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  7. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  8. How do I remove a Trojan

How do I remove a Trojan: Hello, I downloaded a file some days ago. After that I got warning from Windows security, "That comes with windows, not the scam" It said trojan detected. It was set to quarantine. After weeks later my computer act different. My files was looking weird. It does not say any...
  9. how do I eliminate a long running script

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I eliminate a long running script: how do I eliminate a long running script https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-eliminate-a-long-running-script/45acadbf-e478-464f-b1dc-2d93c8178c3e
  10. Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan

Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan: Hello, I've been getting a lot of notifications from bitdefender that i have viruses named: pcds32.exe, pcds64.exe, and rv32.exe. Bitdefender usually finds it in my temp folder and it'll keep disinfecting it and blocking it and I've manually deleted it as well but it keeps...