Windows 10: Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

Discus and support Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm back for a bit. How are we doing? Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bruce SX, Apr 19, 2017.

1. simrick Win User

Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it.

I'm back for a bit. How are we doing?

simrick, Apr 24, 2017
  2. Bruce SX Win User

I stopped to eat and shower.

I got to where the only option is #1 and it is: UEFI SanDisk cruzer

I left it there. Am I ready to go for it now?

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
  3. simrick Win User
    Yes, I think so.

simrick, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Bruce SX Win User

It told me no go. I had disabled Boot option #1 [Windows boot manage....] in order to leave just Boot option #2 [Sandisk Cruze....]n which then appeared by itself as boot option #1

When I hit enter it told me that with secure boot disabled It couldn't boot.

I closed out BIOS without saving changes.

So....I am back trying to get into BIOS again using the only method that worked once.....which is the F2 key while starting.

Got in again!

EDIT

Stopped at Advanced Tab this time

The choices are:

Internal pointing device [enabled]
    Wake on Lid Opening [enabled]
    Power Off Energy Saving [enabled]

Intel Virtualization Technology [enabled]
    OS Selection [Windows 8.x]

>Sata Configuration
    >Network Stack Configuration
    >USB Configuration

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    Okay, so no changes have been saved to the BIOS.

Let's try getting into the one-time boot menu without modifying the BIOS.

You should press the power button, and then immediately start tapping the ESC key (tap tap tap tap tap) until it brings up a menu to select the boot device. There you should be able to select the flash drive. I have even seen some flash drive selections indicated as PMAP, but that is usually on older systems.

Some systems need Secure Boot off, and some don't - I have no idea why it is that way....

simrick, Apr 24, 2017
  6. Bruce SX Win User
    Just read this.

Should I then do the Esc tab?

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    Yes, let's try to get to the one-time boot menu - that should work for sure, if you can get there. Otherwise, I'm researching another trick.

simrick, Apr 24, 2017
  8. Bruce SX Win User

Going to try try now. I'll give it 10 minutes. I won't get back to this pc til then

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
  9. Bruce SX Win User
    Got in with esc button Choices below

windows boot manager
    SanDisk Cruzer
    Enter setup

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
  10. simrick Win User
    Cruzer is what you want!

simrick, Apr 24, 2017
  11. Bruce SX Win User
    On it! I'm down to 2 undeletable drives.
    Drive 0 unallocated space 465 GB free space
    Drive 1 partition 1 : ESD-USB 11.5 GB System

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
  12. simrick Win User
    Okay, you don't want to delete the USB - that's right. So the 465GB drive is unallocated now? That's where you want to install Windows.

simrick, Apr 24, 2017
  13. Bruce SX Win User

I thought so. But I'm still glad I waited. I will let you know how it turns out!!

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
  14. simrick Win User
    Okay! You're doing fine. *Smile

simrick, Apr 24, 2017
  15. Bruce SX Win User
    I'm glad you asked. It has loaded. Maureen is now in the process of personalizing a few things and, after a short while, I'm going to re install the printer.

Again. It's amazing that this all started with a inability to re install the printer.

The big benefit is how much I've learned(as much as it probably seemed like an exercise in futility). I now feel confident enough to perform the same procedure on hers again, if necessary, and on mine too, if it were to need it.

My deepest gratitude goes out to you.*Thumbs

Tomorrow I will send you a pm. I have a couple of other questions(not tech related) I hope you can answer for me. Nothing mysterious, or inappropriate. Just a couple run of the mill things.

I'll also leave another update in this thread about the install.

*Cool

Bruce SX, Apr 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Is there a trojan csrss.exe? If so how do I eliminate it. - Similar Threads - trojan csrss exe

2. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  3. How do I remove this Trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove this Trojan: I have noticed that my chrome is keep on ending itself seconds after I open it. It then opens it up again with the old tab i was suspicious that I got a virus then when i was just on my device all of the sudden things like a command bar opens up then quickly leaves. Now I...
  4. How do I remove this Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan

SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan: Hi. I recently found a virus in my computer, sihost64 and sihost32 running on the background. I dont know how to remove it. Please help me, especially @_AW_ who was helped people with the same problem.Here i attached my...
  6. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  7. How do eliminate the password in logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do eliminate the password in logon: How can I eliminate the password during logon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-eliminate-the-password-in-logon/b2132cf7-a9bc-432c-9ebd-5a6881bcc273
  8. How do I remove a Trojan

How do I remove a Trojan: Hello, I downloaded a file some days ago. After that I got warning from Windows security, "That comes with windows, not the scam" It said trojan detected. It was set to quarantine. After weeks later my computer act different. My files was looking weird. It does not say any...
  9. how do I eliminate a long running script

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do I eliminate a long running script: how do I eliminate a long running script https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-eliminate-a-long-running-script/45acadbf-e478-464f-b1dc-2d93c8178c3e
  10. Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan

Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan: Hello, I've been getting a lot of notifications from bitdefender that i have viruses named: pcds32.exe, pcds64.exe, and rv32.exe. Bitdefender usually finds it in my temp folder and it'll keep disinfecting it and blocking it and I've manually deleted it as well but it keeps...