Windows 10: is there a tutorial to install apps and keep a local account?

Discus and support is there a tutorial to install apps and keep a local account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i have searched inside the forum , but i haven't found a tutorial about install apps from appstore and keep a local account thanks 17775 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by drugo, Aug 19, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

is there a tutorial to install apps and keep a local account?

Hi
    i have searched inside the forum , but i haven't found a tutorial about

install apps from appstore and keep a local account

thanks

:)

drugo, Aug 19, 2015

2. Is there a tutorial for Windows Maps?

You can find help for the
    Maps app here
    , which includes instructions for some of the most common actions including

how to download offline maps

You should be able to find directions to places without having offline maps downloaded as long as you have Internet connectivity. The app shouldn't have problems finding that address as you typed it, are you still getting that error?

The app will automatically use the offline maps you download whenever you don't have an Internet connection. You can do searches and get driving and walking directions while offline.

Analy [MSFT], Aug 19, 2015
  3. Is there a tutorial for Windows Maps?

1. I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 10 Lumia 730 Windows phone.

What tutorials are there for Windows Maps for Windows 10 Lumia 730 Windows phone?

2. On my Windows phone, I wanted to go from my Home to 78 Durgin Road, S. Paris, ME.

I get the answer: "We can't seem to find where you are going. Why?

Do I need to download maps of Maine? How? What APP to download maps needed?

3. Can you explain when / how I can use Offline MAPS on my Lumia 730?

When how to use online MAPS?

NicholasOurusoff, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Boozad, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  6. drugo Win User
    drugo, Aug 19, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member

No problem drugo. You would just need to use OPTION TWO to sign in to the Store with your Microsoft account. This way you will still be able to sign in to Windows with your Local account, and be able to use apps that use a Microsoft service and a Microsoft account.

Brink, Aug 19, 2015
  8. RonCFL Win User
    RonCFL, Aug 19, 2015
  9. drugo Win User
    thanks

drugo, Aug 19, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. is there a tutorial to install apps and keep a local account? - Similar Threads - tutorial install apps

2. Software/Apps installed as a local user only appear in the admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software/Apps installed as a local user only appear in the admin account: I've recently started using Windows 11 & mostly use a local account. It seems that sometimes when I install software to use on the the local account, it installs to the Admin account only. Or at least the start menu & desktop shortcuts only appear on that account.I don't...
  3. Tutorial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tutorial: My PC is showing Error Kmode Exception Not Handled I was trying to fix this blue screen ..is this YouTube tutorial will fix this issue ? https://youtu.be/_SzOIBvwg6Y?list=LL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tutorial/8dc52c96-bd3b-4c32-b19c-a825b32dc48c
  4. Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account: Hello I have had a problem for a while in my network. Several computer accounts keep creating local user accounts and deleting them in a matter of minutes. This occurs in several devices in my environment. Could this be a service?...
  5. A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    A tutorial on how to add a local user account in Windows 10: 1. On your computer, go to Start and then Settings 2. Select Accounts 3. Select Family & other users. 4. Click on Add someone else to this PC....
  6. Local Admin account settings keep changing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Admin account settings keep changing: Hi There, On some of our computers running Windows 10 the local admin keeps asking for a change of password even though we select the option for the password to never expire. Has anyone else experienced this?...
  7. Link Account but keep local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Link Account but keep local password: I recently linked my Microsoft Account to my Windows 10 Pro installation to make sure I don't lose my license key once I upgrade a few pieces of hardware in my desktop. What I was not informed of anywhere on that settings page, was that on my next log in, I would be locked...
  8. Why does Microsoft install Apps on a local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft install Apps on a local account?: I have clean installed build 9626 more than once on a desktop computer and have booted many times. I use a local account only which is an option in the installation if you scroll down on the page where a new account can be established with Microsoft you will see use a local...
  9. Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?: I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At most, the system will want you to validate using your MSA, but not insist on switching your account to the MSA. In Win 10...
  10. Local account installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local account installation question: Hey all, just wondering what to look for when I get around to installing 10 after the release as to local account setup. It was tricky with 8/8.1 so want to avoid any problems. Skipping step(s), small worded info on lower part of screen, etc. I did a search here and looks...