Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Title says all. Tried msconfig with no initialization GUI but no sucess. Thanks in advance. 11030 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wehaveall, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Wehaveall Win User

Title says all. Tried msconfig with no initialization GUI but no sucess. Thanks in advance.

:)

Wehaveall, Jul 31, 2015
  2. SAM-1 Win User
    SAM-1, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Robert Caw Win User
    Is there a way to completely block Windows Update in Windows 10?

Hi Janka and Michael,

The task that you are trying to accomplish is possible. There is an article about:
    Hide Windows updates or driver updates. Kindly follow the instructions on the article. There is also
    another article about: How to temporarily prevent a Windows Update from reinstalling
    in Windows 10
    . this article will guide you how to hide or prevent this update from reinstalling.

You also said the PC that he is using is having an issue with disk space. Kindly go to
    Settings>> Storage>> Change how to free up space>> check the options that applies to your PC>> Click, Clean now.

In the future, to save space you save your new apps, documents, and files on a
    USB stick
    or a an external hardrive to prevent your disk space from piling up. To do this, please follow these steps: Go to
    Settings>> Storage>> Change where new content is saved>> Select the destination.

If you have other concerns, let us know.

Robert Caw, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

control userpasswords2 from the Run box (Winkey+R).

Select your account then uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    Enter password on next screen then OK as needed to get out.

When you boot it will go directly to the desktop with you logged in.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Wehaveall Win User
    But the welcome screen is still showing to me.

Wehaveall, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Sara Win User
    @Ztruker , same here.
    @Wehaveall did you figured out? It could be the fact that I left the pass field blank ? I am not interested to use a password.

7. Dropbox Win User
    The solution @Ztruker is giving works fine.

Dropbox, Aug 20, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

^^ Correct.

I don't know of anyway to totally disable the login/welcome screen from displaying when you start up your PC. The best you can get is when using the auto login and it just shows for a moment. There might be a way to accomplish this but I don't know of anyway. When I get some time today I'll look into this.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  9. Dropbox Win User
    The only way is auto logon since the newest build. *Sad

Dropbox, Aug 20, 2016
  10. Sara Win User
    Thanks,
    It's all clear folks, I thought that the above solution will remove the welcome screen for good.
    Maybe I'll find a workaround to use the same picture as the desktop background;

11. BunnyJ New Member
    I'll look into this.. it would be nice to have as an option I think.

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  12. Dropbox Win User
    Agreed, but 99,9% sure it is removed.

Dropbox, Aug 20, 2016
  13. Sara Win User

Btw, meanwhile, I've tried this one, but the result is the same.

14. Edwin New Member
    Completely disable? I doubt it.
    Sign in with a local account, have fast startup enabled, selective startup enabled,
    after a couple cold boots, you shouldn't see the Welcome Screen, if you do, it'll only be for a fraction of a second. It should boot straight to the desktop.
    (Cold boot only, all other areas you will see it)

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  15. Sara Win User
    Thank you, I'll try that. Selective startup was enabled but the hibernate was disabled (as far as I've read the fast startup depends on hibernate). As far as I remember before anniversary the welcome screen was not there.

Thema:

Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - completely disable welcome

1. Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops: Working in a school environment we are trying to find a way via GPO to completely disabel the virtual desktops for our workstations. We have pt in place the setting to hide the taskbar icon but the WIN-CTRL-D shortcut is still accessible. The registry hacks to disable the WIN...
  2. How to completely disable windows update virus

in Windows 10 Support
    How to completely disable windows update virus: Dear all. I do not consent to the general idea my computer would be safer if I change software setup every day (updating). After my 20+ years of computer usage NO virus has of yet been discovered by a "virus protection" software before buying an upgrade for this specific...
  3. Antimalware Scan Interface <> AMSI -how to disable COMPLETELY??

in Windows 10 Support
    Antimalware Scan Interface <> AMSI -how to disable COMPLETELY??: Greetings. I'm using BitDefender Internet Security, but sometimes some internetsites are blocked by AMSI, which is part of Windows 10 Antimalware Scan Interface (Windows) How do I turn this completely off?? I have a lifetime license to Malwarebytes, and for some reasons...
  4. Can Windows Defender be completely disabled in CU?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Windows Defender be completely disabled in CU?: Title. In 1607 and earlier, it was possible to shut it off. You could just turn each feature off from the Settings app, then use group policy settings to prevent it from turning itself back on (I used WinAeroTweaker to do this in one click) While I can still disable it...
  5. I have completely disabled Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    I have completely disabled Windows Update: With the Windows Anniversary update next week and the forcing of Cortana and unwanted adware, I have disabled Windows update and will keep it off until Microsoft removes Cortana and the unwanted adware. Thank you. 57853
  6. How do I completely disable Windows' low battery warning?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I completely disable Windows' low battery warning?: Greetings. This is my first post in TenForums, and I'm looking forward to make this place as my first spot to resolve my Win 10 issues if you guys don't mind with that. So, I have a relatively old laptop that its battery has gone bad. The battery is broken that if I'm...
  7. Disabling Hibernation caused laptop to not shut down completely

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Hibernation caused laptop to not shut down completely: Hi, Hope you guys can help. When I go to Start -> Power -> Shut down, it displays the "Shutting down..." window, then the screen goes black, but the laptop won't shut down completely. That is, the WiFi, Bluetooth and Power (light bulb) indicators are still on (and...
Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10? solved