Windows 10: Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title says all. Tried msconfig with no initialization GUI but no sucess. Thanks in advance. 11030 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wehaveall, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Wehaveall Win User

Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10?

Title says all. Tried msconfig with no initialization GUI but no sucess. Thanks in advance.

:)

Wehaveall, Jul 31, 2015
  2. SAM-1 Win User
    SAM-1, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Is there a way to completely block Windows Update in Windows 10?

Hi Janka and Michael,

The task that you are trying to accomplish is possible. There is an article about:
    Hide Windows updates or driver updates. Kindly follow the instructions on the article. There is also
    another article about: How to temporarily prevent a Windows Update from reinstalling
    in Windows 10
    . this article will guide you how to hide or prevent this update from reinstalling.

You also said the PC that he is using is having an issue with disk space. Kindly go to
    Settings>> Storage>> Change how to free up space>> check the options that applies to your PC>> Click, Clean now.

In the future, to save space you save your new apps, documents, and files on a
    USB stick
    or a an external hardrive to prevent your disk space from piling up. To do this, please follow these steps: Go to
    Settings>> Storage>> Change where new content is saved>> Select the destination.

If you have other concerns, let us know.

Robert Caw, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

control userpasswords2 from the Run box (Winkey+R).

Select your account then uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    Enter password on next screen then OK as needed to get out.

When you boot it will go directly to the desktop with you logged in.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Wehaveall Win User
    But the welcome screen is still showing to me.

Wehaveall, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Sara Win User
    @Ztruker , same here.
    @Wehaveall did you figured out? It could be the fact that I left the pass field blank ? I am not interested to use a password.

7. Dropbox Win User
    The solution @Ztruker is giving works fine.

Dropbox, Aug 20, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

^^ Correct.

I don't know of anyway to totally disable the login/welcome screen from displaying when you start up your PC. The best you can get is when using the auto login and it just shows for a moment. There might be a way to accomplish this but I don't know of anyway. When I get some time today I'll look into this.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  9. Dropbox Win User
    The only way is auto logon since the newest build. *Sad

Dropbox, Aug 20, 2016
  10. Sara Win User
    Thanks,
    It's all clear folks, I thought that the above solution will remove the welcome screen for good.
    Maybe I'll find a workaround to use the same picture as the desktop background;

11. BunnyJ New Member
    I'll look into this.. it would be nice to have as an option I think.

BunnyJ, Aug 20, 2016
  12. Dropbox Win User
    Agreed, but 99,9% sure it is removed.

Dropbox, Aug 20, 2016
  13. Sara Win User

Btw, meanwhile, I've tried this one, but the result is the same.

14. Edwin New Member
    Completely disable? I doubt it.
    Sign in with a local account, have fast startup enabled, selective startup enabled,
    after a couple cold boots, you shouldn't see the Welcome Screen, if you do, it'll only be for a fraction of a second. It should boot straight to the desktop.
    (Cold boot only, all other areas you will see it)

Edwin, Aug 20, 2016
  15. Sara Win User
    Thank you, I'll try that. Selective startup was enabled but the hibernate was disabled (as far as I've read the fast startup depends on hibernate). As far as I remember before anniversary the welcome screen was not there.

Thema:

1. Is there a way do completely disable welcome screen on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - completely disable welcome

2. Windows 10 Welcome Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Welcome Screen: Hi, I’m using a work computer and one of my assistants somehow got the system stuck on the windows welcome screen. I’ve looked up videos that could solve the issue my only problem is I have no way to turn off the pc because the system is locked inside a server rack that no...
  3. Windows 10 Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Welcome Screen: Hi, I’m using a work computer and one of my assistants somehow got the system stuck on the windows welcome screen. I’ve looked up videos that could solve the issue my only problem is I have no way to turn off the pc because the system is locked inside a server rack that no...
  4. Windows 10 Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Welcome screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen in Windows 10: Welcome screen in Windows 10 shows picture but not my name, instead the word 'USER' displays. How can I change from User to my name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-in-windows-10/1705a53e-32c8-4e7f-9e47-1cb9c0ff1305
  6. Windows 10 Welcome Screen

Windows 10 Welcome Screen: I have reviewed two W10 books and can not find an answer. My welcome screen shows my name and welcome against a very out-of-focus picture of the Microsoft picture of the beach scene. I would like to change the photo or just get it in focus. Everything else in in focus...
  7. Windows 10 welcome screen

Windows 10 welcome screen: How do I sharpen a blurry welcome screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-welcome-screen/64c9cbf2-f277-446e-9ad0-9fe6c0fcca8e
  8. Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen

Disable Pictures in Welcome and Lock-Screen: Hi, I want to change the Welcome and Lock-Screen to a Solid Color. That Pictures from Windows are just Horrible, Terrible , they are making me sick. Thank you 63087
  9. Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?: So I just installed Windows 10, everything seems to be running great at the moment except for 1 thing, Cortana is still running in the background (taking up around ~30MBs of RAM), even after following Brink's tutorial (link). Is there a way to disable it completely? 9491
  10. Windows 10 welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 welcome screen: I make PCs sometimes for people and i wanted to know if its possible to take Wiondows 10 (or any other windows) back to the initial start screen where you enter your username and password etc after you have installed drivers and programs already? Has in ready for a new...