Windows 10: Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?

Discus and support Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use my PC only for entertainment - gaming and watching TV shows and movies. That means that I only use the big screen, which is a plasma, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YonathanZ, Oct 27, 2016.

1. YonathanZ Win User

Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar?

Hi,

I use my PC only for entertainment - gaming and watching TV shows and movies. That means that I only use the big screen, which is a plasma, and as you're probably aware, plasmas have the burn-in issue.

So I enabled the Auto-hide taskbar function, but it still shows a line at the bottom that's about 2 pixels in height, which is always on. I would like to get rid of it. How do I do that?

Thank you.

:)

YonathanZ, Oct 27, 2016

2. Is there a way to get the full screen start menu to act more like win 8 start screen.

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks.

Edit: I also found a way to get the charm bar to auto hide most of the time.

• Switch to desktop mode
    • Search for the auto-hide setting of the task bar in Cortana and enable it
    • Switch back to tablet mode
    The setting can be found in tablet mode, but seems to break the bar some times if changed in tablet mode such that apps don't realize it is present and try to draw buttons underneath it while hiding not always working correctly. I've also noticed that it
    periodically changes into the task bar for less than a second or so when unlocking the tablet, before reverting back into the tablet mode bar.

Daphne Pfister, Oct 27, 2016
  3. janevir Win User
    Is there a way to delete (or hide) the Facebook contacts that I DON'T want on my phone?

When you say "Microsoft Account," do you mean (in my case) my Windows Live (i.e., Outlook.com) account? Or do you mean my Outlook account (in my case, Outlook 2010, synched via Akruto)? My Windows Live account doesn't have many contacts except for Facebook
    contacts, as I have never been successful in syncing my Outlook contacts to my Windows Live account. Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar? :( So I'm thinking you mean Outlook 2010 contacts.

And then, how do I link the ones I want to keep? From my phone? And from within what app?

Thank you!

janevir, Oct 27, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I've never seen it possible. The line that shows is available to resize the Taskbar up if it doesn't unhide when moving the mouse over it. Have you checked for a setting for the Taskbar about "always on top" that could be unchecked so a program takes all the screen?

Berton, Oct 27, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    I sometimes use Kodi for entertainment purposes and I don't see the line on it. to minimize Kodi I use the slash key
    Code: \[/quote] Also note I don't see a line when I autohide the taskbar

sml156, Oct 29, 2016
  6. Outlander Win User
    You could use winareo tweaker or some such and make it completely transparent. That was my solution to getting rid of that amateurish looking piece of construction paper. It's still there of course but no see, I like!

Outlander, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to *completely* auto-hide the Taskbar? - Similar Threads - *completely* auto hide

2. Any way to hide the taskbar completely when autohidden?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to hide the taskbar completely when autohidden?: When enabling taskbar auto hide there's a line of a few pixels at the bottom of the screen. Is there any way to hide this bar completely? submitted by /u/The_Forgotten_King [link] [comments]...
  3. Taskbar not completely hiding?

Taskbar not completely hiding?: I disabled the locked taskbar option, but there is still a very small yet very noticeable line that is the taskbar in the bottom of my screen. can i fully hide, and if yes, how? thanks! help much appreciated submitted by /u/TheWhatover [link] [comments]...
  4. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  5. Taskbar won't auto hide

Taskbar won't auto hide: I try'd Taskbar settings, and I try'd to reset windows explorer both did not work. submitted by /u/lostFate95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enym5v/taskbar_wont_auto_hide/
  6. Taskbar auto-hide fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar auto-hide fail: Very often or so it happens that the auto-hide feature of taskbar stops working, and that too, happens only partially. Which means that the taskbar does not go back in after the cursor is moved away from it nor does the windows get smaller to compensate for the extra space...
  7. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: Under "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" I have checked the box labeled "Auto-hide the taskbar", but it doesn't hide itself nor can I move it down using the arrows. What can I do to fix this problem. There was another thread about this problem but it was last commented on...
  8. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  9. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317
  10. Taskbar refuses to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar refuses to auto-hide: I did some poking around, and this thread comes close, but nothing listed there had any affect at all. When I am running an app in a full-screen windowed, I can sometimes make it hide by Alt-tabbing to the program. (Even though the program was already in focus.) Pretty...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a way to hide the taskbar completely