Windows 10: Is there a way to connect my USB1 device to my current computer ?

Discus and support Is there a way to connect my USB1 device to my current computer ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My current desktop only has USB3. Is there a way of connecting my legacy USB1 device ? (e.g. hardware adapter) 96009 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bansaw, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Bansaw Win User

Is there a way to connect my USB1 device to my current computer ?

My current desktop only has USB3.
    Is there a way of connecting my legacy USB1 device ? (e.g. hardware adapter)

:)

Bansaw, Oct 19, 2017

2. Is there a way I can my desktop my primary device to run Windows on instead of my laptop?

Reserving WILL delay getting win 10 according to Zdnet and others
    Microsoft goes public with more details on its Windows 10 rollout plan | ZDNet
    Windows 10: Preparing to Upgrade One Billion Devices - Windows Experience Blog

Starting on July 29, we will start rolling out Windows 10 to our Windows Insiders. From there, we will start notifying reserved systems in waves, slowly scaling up after July 29th. Each
    day of the roll-out, we will listen, learn and update the experience for all Windows 10 users.

If you reserved your copy of Windows 10, we will notify you once our compatibility work confirms you will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on your system.

There is no need to "reserve" anything. It is merely marketing on the part of MS to "encourage" users to upgrade. They will be happy to upgrade any qualifying OS during the first year for free and it will remain free for the life of the device when it
    is released on July 29
    You gain nothing by "reserving" other than giving Microsoft an email address to spam you at. You will not get it any sooner, nor will there be any other advantage. In FACT, if you reserve you may get it later as this statement from Microsoft explains

Your data should be seamlessly updated but as usual if you value your data BACK IT UP

You can read more about it here What you should know about the Win10 launch

Windows 10 FAQS
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq
    Windows 10 features
    Explore Windows 10 New Updates & Features | See What Windows 10 is Like

Win 10 Specs
    Windows 10 System Requirements & Specifications | Microsoft

How to upgrade

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

Upgrade paths
    http://www.askvg.com/windows-10-upgrade-paths-and-things-to-know-before-upgrading/

What you should know about the Win10 launch

http://windowssecrets.com/top-story/what-you-should-know-about-the-win10-launch/

Upgrade to Windows 10 for free

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 19, 2017
  3. Is there a way I can my desktop my primary device to run Windows on instead of my laptop?

Just perform the reservation on that computer if you have it ready before the 29th.

By July 29th though, any computer running Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 will be eligible.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Phone Man Win User

A USB 3 port actually has wiring for both USB 3 and USB 2. The USB 2 port should be compatible with your USB 1 device.

Plug it in and try it.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Oct 19, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    Check your BIOS for "USB Legacy mode".

CountMike, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Bansaw Win User
    Thanks. I looked and legacy is turned on.
    I also enabled XHCI hand off.
    No change.

Bansaw, Oct 20, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, Oct 20, 2017
  8. Bansaw Win User

This is the strange thing. My Win10 laptop (which is 9yrs old) recongizes the device and correctly assigns the right driver to it (called "AKM322").My Win10 desktop, where the problem is, actually does recognize it but assigns a different driver to it called "AKM322_Bootloader". And this doesn't work.

Win10 on both computers, updated to the same level. I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue with the USB ports. I actually do have a USB2 hub and tried plugging it in through that but same result.
    Puzzling. *sarc

Bansaw, Oct 20, 2017
  9. Bansaw Win User
    Is this proof that my device is USB1? This is in the driver properties:

Is there a way to connect my USB1 device to my current computer ? [​IMG]

Bansaw, Oct 21, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    Google those numbers, it seams to be some audio device.

CountMike, Oct 21, 2017
  11. Bansaw Win User
    Ok, if anyone with the same issue stumbles on this thread, I found the solution.The device itself was in firmware update mode and wasn't fully available for use, so it wasn't a USB1 2 3 issue.
    You basically need to flash its firmware again.This reddit thread helped me. PTL! : )
    Midi Keyboard help! : WeAreTheMusicMakers

Bansaw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to connect my USB1 device to my current computer ? - Similar Threads - connect USB1 device

2. My device won't connect to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device won't connect to my computer: So when i plug in the Fifine Technology microphone that i have, it disables 2 usb ports and i don't know what's happening and it says i don't have the PnP Device driver i've done many things to get help and it never worked or helped it stayed the same so i can't use my...
  3. My device won't connect to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device won't connect to my computer: So when i plug in the Fifine Technology microphone that i have, it disables 2 usb ports and i don't know what's happening and it says i don't have the PnP Device driver i've done many things to get help and it never worked or helped it stayed the same so i can't use my...
  4. My device won't connect to my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45: Hello. After a recent Windows 10 update my bluetooth device has dissappeared from my computer. To view it I have to "show hidden devices" on the device manager. When I rightclick on it it says that "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45"....
  6. Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45: Hello. After a recent Windows 10 update my bluetooth device has dissappeared from my computer. To view it I have to "show hidden devices" on the device manager. When I rightclick on it it says that "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45"....
  7. Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45

8. Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45: It happens to me in unknown date, well it annoys me because it also affects my Internet in Network Adapters, Camera is not available as detect in discord and when i saw the device manager and i enabled show hidden devices, the gray things showing errors: "Currently, this...
  9. No way to connect my bluetooth headphones to my computer

No way to connect my bluetooth headphones to my computer: Hi - my bluetooth is on - and my computer is recognizing the headphones I'm trying to connect, BUT - there is no CONNECT option. So I am seeing my bluetooth headphones but cannot "connect' them. HELP ! [ATTACH]...
  10. Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45): GEO laptop won't connect to wifi and doesn't even show any available networks. In Device Manager, wifi direct virtual adapter 1 and 2 status says: Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45) In Network properties: all networks are disconnected...