Windows 10: is there a way to customize the login/off sound ?

Discus and support is there a way to customize the login/off sound ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i tried to customize the login and off sound on windows 10 and even w8.1 but under control panel -> sound -> i can't find any possibility to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drugo, Mar 23, 2016.

1. drugo Win User

is there a way to customize the login/off sound ?

Hi
    i tried to customize the login and off sound on windows 10 and even w8.1
    but under control panel -> sound -> i can't find any possibility to enable login or off , even startup or shutdown sound

is there a way to do ?
    maybe without messing up w10 *Wink

thanks

:)

drugo, Mar 23, 2016

2. Is there a way to customize my start up sound?

I read in Mashable an article about the 20th anniversary of Windows 95. At the end of this piece was an audio presentation of the different start up sounds for Windows OS over the years. I particularly miss the Windows XP startup sound. Is there a way
    to get this sound file from Microsoft or trusted source for my Windows 10 OS?

GibsonGirl55, Mar 23, 2016
  3. tyeee Win User
    Is there a way to customize my start up sound?

This worked for me.

1. Right click on the speaker icon on bottom right of screen.

2. Click on sounds.

3. Ensure "Play windows startup sound" is checked.

4. Right click on start button.

5. click on "Power options"

6. click on "Choose what power button do."

7. Uncheck "Turn on fast startup" ( it does say
    recommended to check this box)

8. If it is greyed out go up to the shield and click on "change settings that currently are unavailable."

I then shut off my computer. After a few minutes I started it back up and my startup sound worked. I does take a little longer to start.

tyeee, Mar 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

I can see these various .wav files in my C:Windows\Media folder. I would imagine you can edit them or replace them there and create the new sounds you want. You may need to change the permissions on the file before you can edit them.

Make sure you first create a restore point or have a system backup in case anything goes wrong!

philc43, Mar 23, 2016
  5. drugo Win User
    why is enough to copy wavs to the folder c:\Windows\Media\ ?
    i use explorer to copy wavs in this folder , it asked to me to copy as administrator , i did it

another point , control panel -> sounds -> there is nothing related to log off for example , there is the possibility to change the soind of mail notify ,but nothing about log in or off

thanks

drugo, Mar 24, 2016
  6. Wullail Win User
    I'm fairly sure he meant , replace the the ones already there (using the same file name) with your own login/logoff sound files so it plays those instead of the default ones.

Wullail, Mar 24, 2016
  7. drugo Win User
    hi
    i don't want to overwrite
    i want to add new wavs in the folder c:\Windows\Media\
    and customize the sounds via control panel
    but there is no way to find log off here

is there a way to customize the login/off sound ? [​IMG]

drugo, Mar 24, 2016
  8. mart44 Win User

The Windows sounds are stored in the C:\Windows\WinSxS folder. If willing to alter files in there, search the folder for the startup wav. I haven't tried this because I didn't feel the need to alter the sound that much.

If Skype is being used and is set to start with Windows, another way of having a sound is to use a custom sound for when Skype starts. I don't have a sound playing now but I have used the Windows 95 Start wav before. Kind of novel to have Windows 10 starting up sounding like Windows 95.

mart44, Mar 24, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Not true- they are stored in C:\Windows\Media and you can add wav files, then change the defaults sounds individully using Control Panel\Sound. You can then "Save as" for a sound theme.

is there a way to customize the login/off sound ? [​IMG]

Cliff S, Mar 24, 2016
  10. mart44 Win User
    Sorry if the information is incorrect but it wasn't based without foundation. This was something looked into a while back but not followed up ..and there a good number of wav files located in the WinSxS folder. What are these for?

How to change windows 10 startup sound? [Solved] - windows 10 - Systems

I broke my own rule about not writing about something unless tried personally. Hope the required sound is changed successfully. *Smile

mart44, Mar 24, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    The thing for the login/out sound is if windows doesn't have one by default to change, i don't know how to "change" it(it is possible I would guess though to create one, but have no idea how).

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. is there a way to customize the login/off sound ? - Similar Threads - customize login off

2. Is There a Way to Customize my Start up Sound in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is There a Way to Customize my Start up Sound in windows 11?: I want to change my default start up sound in Windows 11, I have even tried the old method which can still be used in Windows 10, Any ideas???...
  3. Is There a Way to Customize my Start up Sound in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is There a Way to Customize my Start up Sound in windows 11?: I want to change my default start up sound in Windows 11, I have even tried the old method which can still be used in Windows 10, Any ideas???...
  4. Custom sounds not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom sounds not working: I set up some custom sounds for e.g. notifications. Many work but for some the sound does not play. When I go to the settings and test it there, it works. When using it (getting a notification) it doesn't. There is no sound playing. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?...
  5. Any way to turn this anoying sound OFF???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Any way to turn this anoying sound OFF???: Hi A major annoyance (for me at any rate) is the tri-note sound whenever I alter the volume. I click on the speakers icon, alter the sound volume and as soon as I click off the slider, I get that damned annoying sound. It doesn't appear to be a setting in System > Sound...
  6. Customize Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Startup Sound: Hi, It would be cool if you were able to customize your startup sound. All the way back to v. 3.1. Can include any, but I will give a list of ones I think should be included. 3.1 95 4.0 5.0 98 2000/Me Whistler/XP Server 2003 Longhorn Vista/7 8/8.1 10 Cool if...
  7. Any way to add a custom Log-in/Sign-in sound? (Not startup sound)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to add a custom Log-in/Sign-in sound? (Not startup sound): Like after typing in your PIN/Password. Been trying to help my brother do it but nothing seems to work. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/94884-how-play-sound-logon-sign-windows-10-a.html I've tried this out, didn't work. I've tried manually adding the task. I've tried...
  8. Custom System Sounds

Custom System Sounds: hello, I've been trying to change my USB connect and disconnect sounds, but they aren't playing at all. I am sure they are .wav files, and I can choose them in the change system sounds menu, but they aren't working. Any advice?...
  9. Custom Sound Schemes

Custom Sound Schemes: So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?...
  10. Is there a way to customize keyboards?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to customize keyboards?: I would like to customize the keyboard so that one of the function keys makes a degree º symbol. Is there a way to do this? 73376