Windows 10: Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?

Discus and support Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I determined the high resource usage when idle (laptop) was caused by the Synaptic Touchpad drivers. Upon uninstall, Win10 will immediately start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mrpumpkin, Oct 10, 2015.

1. mrpumpkin Win User

Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?

I determined the high resource usage when idle (laptop) was caused by the Synaptic Touchpad drivers. Upon uninstall, Win10 will immediately start downloading and installing the driver. *really I disabled automatic driver updates.

However, I would like to keep automatic driver updates for everything except the Synaptic Touchpad drivers. Is there a way?

:)

mrpumpkin, Oct 10, 2015

2. Is there a way in Contacts to display only my Outlook contacts and not my SIM contacts?

I agree Chrissim

I only keep my 10 most important numbers on my SIM and I use a slightly different name so I can avoid having side by side duplicates.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 10, 2015
  3. chrissim Win User
    Is there a way in Contacts to display only my Outlook contacts and not my SIM contacts?

had the same on my glofiish x500

no filter for SIM contacts

so... I deleted my SIM contacts

I dont think I will need those anymore since the PDA <-> PC sync function

chris

chrissim, Oct 10, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 10, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 10, 2015
  6. mrpumpkin Win User
    I went with the later MS solution and it seems to be working. Why this is not natively a part of Win10, but I can mess around with services, registry, powershell and cmd prompt.

mrpumpkin, Oct 10, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Smile

This was stripped out of Windows 10 since Microsoft wanted automatic updating to have all updates always installed by default and not be able to stop it. This was decided to make PCs more secure since users were just not keeping their PCs updated and letting the become infected and be zombies.

Brink, Oct 10, 2015
  8. mrpumpkin Win User

Thx for the help.

It just seems counter intuitive. I can find the buried ability to disable driver updates, so I have to disable all updates. I do not sense the casual user, the ones being protected, would be there in the 1st place. All or nothing seems a strange approach.

mrpumpkin, Oct 11, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I agree. I prefer to have the option.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates? - Similar Threads - exclude particular driver

2. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  3. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  4. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates: I have set my group policy to exclude drivers in Windows updates. This adds the value ExcludeWUDriversinQualityUpdates to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate. Whilst I was looking at setting something else I also discovered the same value in...
  6. Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to stop Notifications only when a particular program is running?: I receive calendar notifications in the bottom-right of the screen. I appreciate these and want to keep receiving them, except when I am playing a game. When I play a game, I will receive the calendar notification in the game, and if I click Dismiss, it takes me to my...
  7. Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update": I'm really happy that Microsoft Windows 10 is not an aircraft because I could never take off as there is always something that wouldn't work. It's probably them who developed the 737 Max MCAS flight control system.... If it's not this, it's something else. Persistence since...
  8. Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Persistent refusal to disable "exclude driver update": I'm really happy that Microsoft Windows 10 is not an aircraft because I could never take off as there is always something that wouldn't work. It's probably them who developed the 737 Max MCAS flight control system.... If it's not this, it's something else. Persistence since...
  9. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  10. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...