Windows 10: Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PrintMaster program will not run. It wants to reinstall. Can I reset it like you could with other Windows versions? I have looked for setback,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by purplelover, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10?

My PrintMaster program will not run. It wants to reinstall. Can I reset it like you could with other Windows versions? I have looked for setback, recovery to no avail. Drat!
    Thanks in advance! Eileen

:)

purplelover, Nov 16, 2016

2. Is there a way to go back to windows 7?

Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 - I understand that time needed to relearn everything from Windows 7. What a headache, time consuming waste! I am thinking to convert to Fedora, Ubuntu or Mint...

[Moved from: Microsoft Edge / Favorites, history, and downloads / Windows 10]

Gary Kanev, Nov 16, 2016
  3. Is there a way to go back to windows 7?

Hello Gary,

Apparently, Windows 7 and Windows 8 is no longer available from the Microsoft
    Store.

If your laptop is OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) licensed, you may still request a downgrade recovery media from the laptop manufacturer. Once the downgrade procedure is complete, you may get in touch with the manufacturer if the
    product key needs to be overridden to the laptop's BIOS. To check the product key installed on your system, click the
    Start button, type slmgr.vbs /dli, and then press
    Enter. Check the Description to know if the product key is
    OEM or not.

NOTE: You may encounter possible driver issue upon downgrading your laptop since it is designed for Windows 10. There's also no guarantee that it can be done to your laptop especially if the device is not compatible with prior versions of
    Windows.

Let us know if you have other questions.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark if as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Devlin Sco, Nov 16, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10?

"Can I reset it like you could with other Windows versions?"
    With old programs, you can set the compatibility to a version of Windows where you know the program used to work. Navigate to the C;/Program Files (x86)/{desired program}. Find the exe that opens the program, r-click and set compatibility, as desired. see image -

Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 16, 2016
  5. marsmimar Win User
    I'm not familiar with PrintMaster so here are a couple of random thoughts.

1. If PrintMaster was recently working and suddenly stopped working, you could try using a System Restore Point to roll your computer back to a date/time prior to it stopping.

System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

2. Open Control Panel by right-clicking the start button. Go to Programs and Features and look for PrintMaster (it might be listed under the name of the parent company Broderbund.) Click on the program name to highlight it and then see if you have an option to repair it. (My screenshot is just an example of repair option.)

Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10? [​IMG]

3. If you still have issues you could try contacting technical support to see if they have a way to repair your installed PrintMaster.

Support Home | Encore

marsmimar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10?

1. Is there a way to "go back" to an earlier date in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - earlier date

2. Restore my computer to an earlier date'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore my computer to an earlier date': I need to restart my computer to an earlier date* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-my-computer-to-an-earlier-date/868e61bb-71d2-42b6-9405-6571264d59ed
  3. Restore my computer to an earlier date'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore my computer to an earlier date': I need to restart my computer to an earlier date* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-my-computer-to-an-earlier-date/868e61bb-71d2-42b6-9405-6571264d59ed
  4. Restore my computer to an earlier date'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  6. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  7. Blue Screen of Death Loop was just tryning to restore some programs to an earlier date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death Loop was just tryning to restore some programs to an earlier date: So I was trying to restore my device to an earlier time, cuz some of my files were broke, and didn’t work, I went through the restore I was using Dell’s SUPPORTOS to restore, cuz I didn’t have any restore points saved onto my device, and then after it was finished and i...
  8. Blue Screen of Death Loop was just tryning to restore some programs to an earlier date

Blue Screen of Death Loop was just tryning to restore some programs to an earlier date: So I was trying to restore my device to an earlier time, cuz some of my files were broke, and didn’t work, I went through the restore I was using Dell’s SUPPORTOS to restore, cuz I didn’t have any restore points saved onto my device, and then after it was finished and i...
  9. how in hell do u uninstall or recover/ reset computer to earlier date...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how in hell do u uninstall or recover/ reset computer to earlier date...: THIS IS RIDICULOUS...I HAVE IN THE PAST REINSTALLED/ RESET COMPUTER TO DIFF DATE, WITH NO PROBLEM , NOW ITS A HASSLE, MAKES NO SENSETO BE THIS COMPLICATED...GOOGLE OR MICRO ATE SOME OF MY FILES I HAD ON SCREEN AND CANNOT GET THEM BACK..PLUM SAD AND RIDICULOUS AND IS...
  10. how in hell do u uninstall or recover/ reset computer to earlier date...

how in hell do u uninstall or recover/ reset computer to earlier date...: THIS IS RIDICULOUS...I HAVE IN THE PAST REINSTALLED/ RESET COMPUTER TO DIFF DATE, WITH NO PROBLEM , NOW ITS A HASSLE, MAKES NO SENSETO BE THIS COMPLICATED...GOOGLE OR MICRO ATE SOME OF MY FILES I HAD ON SCREEN AND CANNOT GET THEM BACK..PLUM SAD AND RIDICULOUS AND IS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. way to go back to an earlier version of windows