Windows 10: Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"?

Discus and support Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There is an easy way to make File Explorer open on "This PC" instead of its default of "Quick access". Does anyone know of a way [1] to make File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RetiredEngineer, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"?

There is an easy way to make File Explorer open on "This PC" instead of its default of "Quick access". Does anyone know of a way [1] to make File Explorer open on "my login name" instead? Through an error on my part I have purchased Windows 10 Pro instead of Windows 10 Home, which may do exactly this.

[1] Probably an obscure Registry tweak which will be discovered by someone bolder than I.

:)

RetiredEngineer, Mar 23, 2017
  2. farby Win User

Is there a way to make my N8 beep when i have a missed call or a message i failed to hear ??

All the applications pasted are Stand-alone applications that do not require any Network support.. So it will (should) work anywhere in the world...

farby, Mar 23, 2017
  3. Is there a way to make my N8 beep when i have a missed call or a message i failed to hear ??

will the first one work in the UK and the 2nd one doesnt get much of a rating but thx for the links

chukka---01, Mar 23, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"?

You can change where the shortcut on your taskbar opens as described here open windows explorer to default folder

I just tested it on latest insider version and it works fine.

Not sure if/how you can do it for pressing *Start + E

5. dalchina New Member
    This free reputable tool may be of interest - it does many more things:

Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"? [​IMG]

dalchina, Mar 29, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    It doesn't help with the question though. You can open explorer in quick access/this PC anyway. Opening in Downloads is a well known registry hack.

You can't open in your home directory without using a shortcut - which is what the OP wanted.

7. I was unable to duplicate the results in open windows explorer to default folder, because there is no File Browser folder in my Startup screen. This may be due to my HP Z240 Workstation's W10 Pro factory configuration options.

I did find, however, that going to the Desktop Icons window gives me an icon shortcut to my user folder. So, I'll count this as a partial success.

RetiredEngineer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"?

1. Is there a way to make File Explorer open on "my login name"? - Similar Threads - File Explorer open

2. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names: Hi there,So recently I was using Visual Studio Code, and when I ran my code, I saw this. I didn't like how my user was "14086" which is the first numbers of my phone number. I did register using my phone number but, when I tried editing the values using the registry editor...
  3. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names: Hi there,So recently I was using Visual Studio Code, and when I ran my code, I saw this. I didn't like how my user was "14086" which is the first numbers of my phone number. I did register using my phone number but, when I tried editing the values using the registry editor...
  4. File Explorer 'Users' name and Computer Login Page Different Names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File explorer - any way to make more readable

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer - any way to make more readable: Hi folks Is there any way to make file explorer more readable with better fonts etc -- just compare Windows XP and current W10 virtual machines -- IMO the XP one is a zillion times more readable etc. [img] Cheers jimbo 173857
  6. Something is wrong with my file explorer, there seems to be no ribbon or any way to make it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something is wrong with my file explorer, there seems to be no ribbon or any way to make it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lebensmude95 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hju1nj/something_is_wrong_with_my_file_explorer_there/
  7. Make file explorer open where i closed it..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make file explorer open where i closed it..: I know, silly problem.. but... ... i cant' figure out how to make File Explorer open at the same location as i closed it. im guessing the answer is pretty obvious haha Help plz?:) submitted by /u/itsthemasterwicked [link] [comments]...
  8. Way to Make Uploaded Files Fit File Naming Convention

Way to Make Uploaded Files Fit File Naming Convention: Is there an office product eg - Sharepoint? that I can use on my website, so visitors who want to upload word or pdf documents for my review, rename those files into my file naming convention? Eg - before they upload the file, they input date etc. Detailed egs - Perhaps...
  9. Is there a way to search for just the files name in windows explorer?

Is there a way to search for just the files name in windows explorer?: I don’t know what happened to my explorer search feature. For some reason and I don’t know when it started but it stopped searching correctly. For example: Using the explorer search bar. I am trying to look for a file with the with the word “order” in the file name. I can do...
  10. Name in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Name in File Explorer: Since doing a clean install, my name in File Explorer/Users has changed. It is neither my first nor second name, just the first 5 letters/numbers of my Microsoft login name. It used to show my surname in Windows 7. Is is it possible to change it, please? 24628