Windows 10: Is there a way to open specific folder

Discus and support Is there a way to open specific folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a thumb drive inserted where I save copies of one accounting file. The thumb drive has multiple folders. Is there a way to automatically open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LadyDee, Sep 2, 2018.

1. LadyDee Win User

Is there a way to open specific folder

I have a thumb drive inserted where I save copies of one accounting file. The thumb drive has multiple folders. Is there a way to automatically open just one of those folders automatically when I click on File Explorer or do I have to see all the contents and pick out the folder I need to have opened. It causes more clicks than I'd like or need.

Or, maybe I can just make an icon for that folder to check to see it has been done correctly?

Thanks

:)

LadyDee, Sep 2, 2018
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Sep 2, 2018
  4. i1yas Win User

acceess denied to specific folder

ohh thanks god finaly i made it i download a free software name treesize portable version and run it as admin then i select drive and scan when list open it show me my hidden folder which i copy to another place then delete hidden folder.and save my spce thanks all to your answer

i1yas, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to open specific folder - Similar Threads - open specific folder

2. Any way to restrict P2P updates to specific networks?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any way to restrict P2P updates to specific networks?: Is there any way to restrict the peer to peer sharing of Windows Updates (WUDO, just so this shows up in searches) to only specific local networks? I know I can say to get/share updates with PCs on the local network, or local plus internet. But I'd like to restrict this...
  3. BSOD when opening certain Specific apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when opening certain Specific apps: Hi! I have a relatively new PC I built less than 90 days ago. I have been building PCs and such for ages now so am pretty versed with Windows shenanigans but at this point, I am simply stumped! ATM it seems every time I open my torrent client (Qbittorrent) I get a BSOD...
  4. List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List specific shared folder in Network, not root folder: I share files on my home network between my desktop PC and my laptop. I often move files between the two computers by placing folders on the desktops and then working with them or moving them to specific folders. The network for my laptop lists its desktop folder, but for the...
  5. How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder: How to set a Folder view preference for a specific folder, so that it always opens in your preferred view, even if it is different from the system-wide default? 99731
  6. explorer. virtual memory increased every time i opened specific folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    explorer. virtual memory increased every time i opened specific folder: hi.Each time i opened(refreshing) specific folder(others is not affected),memory and virtual(shared) memory of explorer.exe increased up to 200mb.(its not tumbnail view - checked) In time consumption of real memory became normal but virtual do not unload. reset the process...
  7. create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a

in Windows 10 Support
    create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't a: Hi everyone, It seem my windows 10 Home having problem, a simple malfunction which I don't understand why this happening, the problem related to each time I create a new folder or copy a file to a specific folder it doesn't appear until press the F5 key to refresh. Does...
  8. Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Disable the Auto Arranging of Files for Specific Folders?: Hey, Anybody happen to know how to disable Win 10 auto arranging files in a folder? You can obviously sort them in numerous way, but for certain folders I want to be able to manually rearrange my files (folders that contain music tracks). Apparently in WIn 8.1 you could...
  9. Folders not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders not opening: Hi, 3 days ago I was exploring an older hard drive. When I tried to explore the desktop folder of that drive Windows Vista, it wouldn't open. It suggested that i shared the folder so I could explore it or copy files from that folder(which is what I originally wanted to do)....
  10. How to add password on a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add password on a specific folder?: This is pretty simple. i just want to know how to add a password to a specific folder. So whenever the file is opened, the user is asked for a password. Thanks. 27813