Windows 10: Is there a way to return to the geographical interest startup screen?

Discus and support Is there a way to return to the geographical interest startup screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not sure if this is the right forum category but will give it a shot. Is there a way to return to that first startup screen in Windows 10? It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by palouseflyer, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Is there a way to return to the geographical interest startup screen?

I am not sure if this is the right forum category but will give it a shot.

Is there a way to return to that first startup screen in Windows 10? It usually shows some fun or interesting place in the world, and some text about it, and it can be clicked on to discover more. Sometimes I want to go back to it and wish there was a way... but I can't find it if it does exist. Hitting back arrows or esc key doesn't bring it back once you click somewhere to log in.
    This screenshot is showing one example of the startup screen I am talking about.

Is there a way to return to the geographical interest startup screen? [​IMG]

Thanks for any ideas!

:)

palouseflyer, Nov 12, 2017

2. Is there a way to return Windows to a "new" state?

Thanks for the reply. Actually that's what I was hoping to avoid doing (refresh/reset). An IT professional friend of mine said there was an app/program a few OS's ago that would allow you to set the machine to behave as if it had just been set up, allowing
    a user to go through the initial welcome screens, setup, etc. I did end up refreshing the machine for other reasons so I'll likely just leave it that way.

weddingsbyrobert, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Is there a way to return Windows to a "new" state?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I understand the issue that you are facing and we will try to resolve your issue in the best possible way.

“Hi “message appear only when the installation is completed for the first time.

I suggest you to refer Reset your PC in the below windows article link to fix the issue:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Be sure to back up any important data you want to keep before you begin.

I hope this information helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Is there a way to return to the geographical interest startup screen?

Hello palouseflyer, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Usually, letting the computer sit without user activity for about a minute or so will cause it to return to the lock screen.

Brink, Nov 12, 2017
  5. Caledon Ken, Nov 12, 2017
  6. Thank you Brink and Ken, I will also check out that link!

palouseflyer, Nov 12, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Nov 12, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Welcome @palouseflyer,
    If you can't wait, you can lock the screen with WinKey+L

9. Pirx Win User
    I'd be curious to see an answer at well. Unfortunately none of the posts above even address the OP's question though.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    From my understanding, palouseflyer is wanting to know how to go back to the lock screen once you clicked on it to go to the sign-in screen.

If I understood correctly, then post #2 is a direct answer and solution to the question.

Brink, Nov 13, 2017
  11. Pirx Win User
    It seems to me that, as the subject line says, OP wants to get that "geographical interest startup screen" he shows in his post as his lock screen. The picture he posted looks like this is something that's powered by Bing. I have personally never seen that one, and haven't seen an option to enable it.

On the other hand, looking at OP's post again, perhaps it was I who misunderstood his question. I apologize if that is the case.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Either way, the OP seems to have it sorted now. *Smile

Brink, Nov 14, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

The OP's screenshot is what you see if you set Windows Spotlight as the lock screen background.

Change Lock Screen Background in Windows 10

Thema:

1. Is there a way to return to the geographical interest startup screen? - Similar Threads - return geographical interest

2. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  3. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen: Hi my laptop is relatively new but today when it went into Hibernation mode, the screen froze. I hard reset the laptop and the Blue Screen 'There is a problem with your computer we need to restart it' Sad Emoji. The blue screen disappeared and showed the BIOS Setup page. No...
  4. Laptop BIOS Screen Loop. Startup returns to BIOS Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is there a way to disable the new insights/interests feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to disable the new insights/interests feature?: While the feature on the taskbar is minimal and aesthetic, the actual feature itself once expanded is very clunky which is a shame, one small misclick and woosh, hello Edge browser.I would like to disable it but I can't seem to work out where in the settings it is, I then...
  6. Is there a way to resize the News and Interest Window?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to resize the News and Interest Window?: I now have the News and Interest app loaded on the taskbar and like its' use. When I view it on my laptop, there are 2 columns of news listed when I open it, but there is only 1 column when I view it on my desktop computer. The laptop has a 13" screen and the desktop has a...
  7. Interesting way to scroll using mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Interesting way to scroll using mouse: So I have a very standard logitec mouse with two buttons and scroll wheel. I can press the scroll wheel and of course scroll it forward or backwards. What is interesting is that if I don't push it or scroll it but move it left or right, windows 10 scrolls continuously as long...
  8. Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PreventAskingWhy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l59tgk/is_there_a_way_to_change_language_on_startup/
  9. settings return to default with reboot/startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings return to default with reboot/startup: This started on the morning of Oct 21 at 8a central. The most recent Windows updates were installed Sep 30. Upon each reboot/startup, everything on the machine reverts to default setting: time/date format display settings all apps default back to the original app...
  10. Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound: I have homebuilt core i7 930 running an asus p5 premium. Whether I use onboard sound (realtek), sound blaster pcix titanium, or sound blaster omni usb, I get strange behavior where the sound will drop out while I'm watching a tv app (hdhomerun, or kodi as well), or listening...