Windows 10: Is There A Way To Tell What Time I Opened And Closed Programs?

Discus and support Is There A Way To Tell What Time I Opened And Closed Programs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I sometimes want to know what time i started or stopped doing something on my pc so I can tell when I ate or fell asleep or something. Would be great... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GRaiano, Feb 8, 2018.

1. GRaiano Win User

Is There A Way To Tell What Time I Opened And Closed Programs?

I sometimes want to know what time i started or stopped doing something on my pc so I can tell when I ate or fell asleep or something. Would be great if there's somewhere to see this. I tried event viewer but didn't get anywhere. Thanks

:)

GRaiano, Feb 8, 2018

2. is there a way to show the full date and time in the "small icons taskbar" mode?

Hi Sam,

On the latest build of Windows 10, the option to display clock and time in taskbar on a single line is part of the system's limitation. Submitting this concern in our Feedback hub is the best option that we have as of the moment. When you submit a feedback
    item, we gather additional details and information about your concern that will help us determine how to address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback.
    Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

Let us know how else we may help you.

Darleen Pen, Feb 8, 2018
  3. is there a way to show the full date and time in the "small icons taskbar" mode?

first of all i already tried T-Clock but in the lastest versions of windows 10 (1709) the program makes the action bar button disappear so i cant access to my notifications and quick access settings

my idea is to have a taskbar similar to the one seen on the first concept mockup of fluent design:

Is There A Way To Tell What Time I Opened And Closed Programs? [​IMG]

as you can see on the first "screenshots" of fluent design (in that time was proyect neon) the taskbar clock has the full date and time in one single line.

is there a way to have this style of clock?

i already have activated the "show seconds on clock" and made some other registry modifications to improve my workflow so Im not afraid of playing with it.

all the forums that talk about this topic are from 2012-2014 aprox so maybe there's already a way to make the change now?

i already made a request in the comment center on the insider preview but no response at the moment... (
    link here )

is there any way to make this? possible without T-Clock?

Sam_Flores, Feb 8, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Not without some monitoring software. Windows doesn't save times of opening closing programs.

If you want to monitor yourself falling asleep or leaving the PC you'd probably need to monitor keyboard or mouse input as it is impossible to tell if you fell asleep reading tenforums.com or were studying it for 8 hours.

Presumably after a short time you would page up or down or look at another website rather than stare at one page for 8 hours straight. There are lots of monitoring software programs (primarily aimed at parents spying on their kids) but I've not used any so can't make a recommendation.

If you don't care what exactly you were doing but rather that you were doing anything at all then the easiest way to do what you want is probably to set your computer to go to sleep after 5 minutes or so. You can then see the sleep event (Event 42 in system log) and the wake (event ID 1). You can make a custom view in Event Viewer to show it.

This explains how to set event viewer: Logging power events to the event log - Microsoft Community

And this how to set sleep timeout: Sleep Computer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

If you have a phone you could set your PC to automatically lock when you move away from it (see here: Turn On or Off Dynamic Lock in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials ) but depending how close you eat/sleep to your PC I don't know if that would help.

lx07, Feb 8, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
    I know that you can find out when you launched a program. Not sure about any record of closing a program.

Is There A Way To Tell What Time I Opened And Closed Programs? [​IMG]

Callender, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is There A Way To Tell What Time I Opened And Closed Programs? - Similar Threads - Tell Opened Closed

2. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  3. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  4. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  5. program opens and closes immediately

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program opens and closes immediately: Before the latest update to Win10, my program Jigsaw Mania was working fine. Now it opens but closes within a few seconds and is unusable now. Is there a way to fix this? I reinstalled the Jigsaw Mania program but had the same result. joe...
  6. Is there a way to have Windows 10 open and close a program on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have Windows 10 open and close a program on startup?: For some more context, I have an NZXT Hue+ for my PC lighting, and it requires the NZXT Cam software to open at least once after startup so your lighting profile starts. Otherwise, it just remains as the default white. The frustrating part is that, aside from applying my...
  7. Open and close programs at the same time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open and close programs at the same time: I want two programs to open and close 2 programs automaticly. Is there a way I can do this and how?? submitted by /u/CaptainKeanu1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr6uqh/open_and_close_programs_at_the_same_time/
  8. Comptuer Closing open programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Comptuer Closing open programs: My windows 10 computer is constantly closing my open programs without warning. I could be in the middle of typing something and the program just randomly closes. It usually closes them when the programs get anywhere close to slow. This problem also happened on my laptop that...
  9. My autopsy program opens and closes immediately. What is the fix for this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My autopsy program opens and closes immediately. What is the fix for this?: I have a installed the autopsy forensic software. It was working fine till and week ago and now when i open it it closes as soon as it opens. It appears on the background process section ,of the task manager for a second and immediately closes. It work working fine till now...
  10. Defender closes open programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender closes open programs: Running windows defender when leaving computer. When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and computer is back to login screen. Because not looking at computer untill following day, not sure if it is closing the programs at beginning, middle, or end...