Windows 10: Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager?

Discus and support Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 identical Dell E7450 laptops running the same version of Windows 10 -1511. One was upgraded in place from Win7 by previous owner. On the other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oao, Jun 25, 2018.

1. OAO
    oao Win User

Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager?

I have 2 identical Dell E7450 laptops running the same version of Windows 10 -1511.
    One was upgraded in place from Win7 by previous owner. On the other I installed a fresh OS copy myself.

For reasons I don't understand, my OS installation, but not the upgraded one, includes the MS Connection Manager (CMSTP):

"Connection Manager is a suite of components that provides administrators with the ability to create and distribute customized remote access connections and to create, distribute, and automatically update customized phone books." I don't need any of this.

which is completely useless to me, as an individual stand-alone users. CM has lots of files and folders on my system that I would like to get rid of. The system does not allow me to delete them, but given that one laptop runs fine without it, I should be able to uninstall it.

I have not found any information about this. Does anybody know if this is possible and how?

:)

2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 25, 2018
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager? :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    • In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager?

1. Is there a way to uninstall Microsoft Connection Manager? - Similar Threads - uninstall Microsoft Connection

2. Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.: Hello, today I have installed the PC Manager from Microsoft Store and want to uninstall the beta version. When I uninstall, the app stay on my Windows 11. Any tips?...
  3. Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem uninstalling PC Manager beta from Microsoft website.: Hello, today I have installed the PC Manager from Microsoft Store and want to uninstall the beta version. When I uninstall, the app stay on my Windows 11. Any tips?...
  4. Uninstall drivers that are not in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall drivers that are not in Device Manager: Hi all,I can't find how I can uninstall/remove drivers from devices that are no longer in Device Manager.Windows update manager keeps saying I need to update Brother drivers but I don't have a Brother printer anymore....
  5. Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, uninstall; what's wrong with this picture?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flexnet Connect, Common Software Manager, uninstall; what's wrong with this picture?: Am I the only one that finds it troubling that I have to go to the website of the company making software I don’t want or trust, to download and install more software from a company I dont trust, to get rid of the software I don’t want? Everything Ive read says the same...
  6. uninstall is there another way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstall is there another way: Why cant i uninstall this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-is-there-another-way/63a97353-efb4-4ce0-9757-75bc5b51e67f
  7. Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalling Microsoft Management Console: How do I uninstall the ms management console? i am always getting this dialog box saying that the administrator has blocked the particular app from running. how do i uninstall it permenently?...
  8. How do I uninstall FLEXnet Connect Software Manager?

How do I uninstall FLEXnet Connect Software Manager?: I installed Roxio easy CD&DVD burning and it installed FLEXnet Connect Agent and FLEXnet Connect Software Manager. I Can't find anyway to uninstall this. Could I just delete C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet and C:\ProgramData\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect? Please help! 80530
  9. Way to uninstall Metro apps?

Way to uninstall Metro apps?: Is there some compilation batch file or something someone has made to uninstall every non-built in/"required" Metro app from Windows 10? Metro apps are not listed in add/remove programs which makes it difficult to find out which ones I can remove. Is there some other...
  10. Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection: Hi all, I do a lot of networking and often connect various USB Ethernet and WiFi NICs, in addition to the internal ones. Over time, these add up to tons of Ethernet 1, 2, 3 etc and Network 5, 8, 10, etc. I usually ignore it. But how does one clean it up? This has...