Windows 10: Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8?

Discus and support Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, So we have one of computers that was using Windows 7 and we upgraded it to Windows 10. Now I just found that we have an extra copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Traijan, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Traijan Win User

Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8?

Hey,

So we have one of computers that was using Windows 7 and we upgraded it to Windows 10.

Now I just found that we have an extra copy of Windows 8 Pro that I bought when it first came out since it was so inexpensive but never utilized it on any of our computers.

What I'd like to do (hopefully without losing info on the computer) is to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8 Pro, then upgrade that computer to Windows 10 Pro.

Is that somehow possible without having to install Windows 8 Pro fresh and clean?

Thanks

:)

Traijan, Aug 24, 2015

2. PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

download j2me edition of blueftp to your x2. Configure the settings on application access.

Then browse files, highlight the file which you want to hide press 9

three action will appear.

generalmember, Aug 24, 2015
  3. Battōsai Win User
    PLEASE UPGRADE NOKIA X2 TO " SYMBIAN OS " EDITION ...

Battōsai, Aug 24, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I doubt you can. Your only option will be to do a clean install of 8. What you can do is copy the information to an external or separate drive in the PC.

BunnyJ, Aug 24, 2015
  5. If one did have Win8 on a system today,would Microsoft still offer an upgrade to 8.1 today?
    If I recall when i had Win8 it was really buggy, with many problems after 8.1 it was a small bit better.

digitalcurisity, Aug 24, 2015
  6. kamalaggi Win User
    If you have a spare hard drive available then what you can do is disconnect the win 10 HD.

install Windows 8.1 pro on spare HD activate it.

Upgrade to Windows 10 pro using the media creation tool. Make sure its activated.

Disconnect spare HD. Connect original HD and upgrade your windows 10 home to pro using the USB/dvd you created and pro should stay activated.

If it asks for product key press skip when doing upgrade fron windows 10 home to pro.

kamalaggi, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    But if Microsoft wants more folks running Win8.0 to get the free Upgrade it should still be possible to get to the Store to get Win8.1 then it would meet the requirements for Win10. Somewhere I read Win10 could be installed over Win8.0 but haven't yet seen credible results.

Berton, Aug 24, 2015
  8. AddRAM Win User

The options were you could upgrade from 7 SP1, or 8.1, Brink or some other expert will know if you can upgrade from Windows 8.

Why do you feel you need Windows 10 Pro over Home ?

AddRAM, Aug 24, 2015
  9. Boozad Win User
    Yes you can still upgrade 8 to 8.1 via the Store.

Boozad, Aug 24, 2015
  10. genet Win User
    1. Clean install Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.

2. Check that Windows 7/8/8.1 is activated.

3. There is no need to install updates from Windows Update in Windows 7/8/8.1.

4. Create a Windows 10 installation media (USB/DVD/ISO) using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8? [​IMG]

5. Upgrade Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10 from Windows 10 USB/DVD/ISO.

For example:
    - In Windows 8/8.1, mount the Windows 10 ISO image file by right-clicking the ISO image file and choosing Mount.
    - Run the setup (setup.exe) file to start Windows 10 Setup.

Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8? [​IMG]

Here is more info: How to download and clean install Windows 8.1 -> link

genet, Aug 24, 2015
  11. Don't know how this rumour that you can't upgrade from Win8 to Win10 got started but it needs to be stopped. You CAN upgrade directly from Win8 to Win10 you just can't use Windows Update to do it; instead, you have to use Win10 Media to do the upgrade.

Mark Phelps, Aug 24, 2015
  12. Traijan Win User
    While we could clean install 8, we're trying to avoid that, we were hoping there was some way to "upgrade" from 10 to 8 pro and not lose all of our installed programs, settings, etc.

I may try the method of using an extra hard drive if we have any laying around the house.

Traijan, Aug 24, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

I really don't think you can upgrade.. backwards from 10 to 8. To do this would require a clean instillation.. but you can try and see what happens. But first put your information/data on that separate drive then give it a shot.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to "upgrade" to Windows 8? - Similar Threads - upgrade

2. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  3. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop freezes 99% upgrade: My laptop freezes at 99% upgrade. How do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-freezes-99-upgrade/9df90fe5-6a35-44fc-b47f-553310097f32
  4. My laptop freezes 99% upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option: I ran the compatibility test with PC health App and it says that my system is eligible for Windows 11. However, I don't get any option in the windows update to upgrade...
  6. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option: I ran the compatibility test with PC health App and it says that my system is eligible for Windows 11. However, I don't get any option in the windows update to upgrade...
  7. PC health App says my computer is ready for Windows 11 but I don't get any upgrade option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb: I want to upgrade my windows 732bit to 64bit without using cd and USB pendrive. Is it possible? If yes then guide me the steps to follow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-732bit-to-windows-764bit/330d3406-f346-489c-a731-8f8ba17ae00c
  9. How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb

How to upgrade windows 732bit to windows 764bit without using cd and usb: I want to upgrade my windows 732bit to 64bit without using cd and USB pendrive. Is it possible? If yes then guide me the steps to follow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-732bit-to-windows-764bit/330d3406-f346-489c-a731-8f8ba17ae00c
  10. Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...

Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...: Occasionally the PC will reboot randomly. I looked in the eventvwr and found log files for each failure. There is no other information other than the PC rebooted without first closing down properly....